Thread: Lost in the steppes...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Lost in the steppes...

Hello dear pilots,

I introduce myself, Van, a little Frenchman lost in the depths of great Russia, for work and family.
    Between a few pampers to change, hours at work, and homework, I like to spend some of my remaining energy on digital painting, music, or video games.
    As I really like the realism in video games, flight simulations are appreciable. I recently acquired IL2 BoS and CoD blitz + Tobruk (I call it a compulsive buy, but it is also to support the team). I must admit that I like CoD a lot, despite a few negatives (sometimes off-putting).
    I don't think I really have time for online flying sessions, or I wouldn't be very reliable, so I'm still a mostly solo player.
    I watch the Fusion Team announcements closely, with hopes of seeing CoD grow, and fly even higher in the clear sky of flight simulators.

And if I can be of help in any way, I'm always ready!

I wish you all a good day, have a good flight!

Van

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: Lost in the steppes...

Great to have you here mate.

Get stuck on and enjoy.

Let us know if you need any help.

Cheers,

Pattle

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Great to have you here mate.

Get stuck on and enjoy.

Let us know if you need any help.

Cheers,

Pattle
    Thank you Pattle!

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Vandesmoreit, loved your title "Lost in the Steps", I will have to look up where Nevinnomyssk is in the world, I am sure I have never been there. I too own Cliff, and IL2 BoS, I have about 3,000 hrs on Cliffs and less than 100 on BoS. It's not that I disliked BoS, I like you just don't have a lot of time to spend on the computer and decided to spend it with Cliff's. I think I spend half my time on SP. Since you are not going to play Multiplayer you will be spending your time I presume on Quick Missions and the Campaigns. My thoughts on this for you are that you can modify the Quick Missions to set them up for special purposes, Gunnery practice for example on a specific target using a specific aircraft, or simply takeoffs, landings, or even just landmark ID/navigation. You do that using the Extras/Full Mission Builder. Information on how to use it is located here on the Forum.

And if/when you are ready, there are numerous people online that will walk you through a multiplayer session. It is crazy fun at times.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Welcome to the ATAG forum, Van!

7. Likes Vandesmoreit, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Little Bill & Danperin!

I have to tell that I haven't tried the mission creator, but this weekend I will, sure!
    Yesterday I just added the reshade as overlay (I like to add an "antic" feeling).

I have seen some points that I do not well anderstand, but as ever, big parts af anwers are on this forum, thanks to the community.

9. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Vandesmoreit........as Pattle says, it's good to have you here and we send our warmest greetings to you in Russia. We have temperatures of -4 degrees C in the south of England and -22 degrees in the north but I think you would exchange your temperatures in Russia for ours anytime! I am glad you are enjoying Cliff of Dover! The realism is what attracted me too when I started 6 years ago. I flew single player for a whole year but then got a little tired of AI aircraft just waiting to be shot down and not really dogfighting. So I plucked up the courage to try multiplayer! It was exhilarating and I still remember the shock of looking behind to see a yellow spinner whirling just off my tail. And I had only been airborne five minutes!

I ended up dangling from a parachute over Dover harbour but thrilled to bits! I have never looked back!

If you ever want to try multiplayer just let us know in the Forum and we can help you stay alive! In the meantime, have fun! Good luck...and stay in touch! Salute!

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello Van and welcome to CloD/DWT and the ATAG community.

Nevinnomyssk certainly looks a long way East and a long way from France.

Yes CloD does have things that are not right but the team at TFS are always working to improve the simulator.

When you feel confident enough download Team Speak and join in on multiplayer. There is always someone there who will help you and although it is a steep learning curve the rewards and level of fun are more than worth the hard work.

We consider we have the best Combat Flight Sim online community about and you are now part of that.

a bientôt

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Vampire, Marlow, thanks for your warm welcome during this cold period!
    I am not against online flight session, but before, sure I need to well familiarize myself with all commands, shortcuts, and planes... And of course find some time

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vandesmoreit View Post
    Vampire, Marlow, thanks for your warm welcome during this cold period!
    I am not against online flight session, but before, sure I need to well familiarize myself with all commands, shortcuts, and planes... And of course find some time

Very understandable, but actually a misconception.
    Learning about the "commands, shortcuts, and planes" and everything else is so much easier online with a little help form you fellow pilots.
    Trying to climb this steep learning curve all by yourself can be pretty frustrating.

Just don't be shy, nobody is going to shoot at y ... whoops

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Welcome to the greatest community of virtual pilots. Have questions, ask for help here or in TSpeak, you will always receive answers and help.
    See you in the virtual sky as soon as possible
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Very understandable, but actually a misconception.
    Learning about the "commands, shortcuts, and planes" and everything else is so much easier online with a little help form you fellow pilots.
    Trying to climb this steep learning curve all by yourself can be pretty frustrating.

I absolutely agree
    Last edited by ATAG_Knight; Feb-12-2021 at 08:26.

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hi Vandesmoreit,

Welcome to the forum.

If I may ask, what is the timezone in the steppes? GMT-50 degrees?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Hi Vandesmoreit,

Welcome to the forum.

Celcius?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Hi Vandesmoreit,

Welcome to the forum.

So my extensive research on the city of Nevinnomyssk indicates that it is inhabited by roughly 120k hardy souls and one little/lost Frenchman. Sorry Vandesmoreit, I could not resist that little joke. Time zone is GMT +3. The yearly temperature range seems to be about the same as where I live, maybe better. Looks like a nice place.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

19. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Vandesmoreit View Post
    I have to tell that I haven't tried the mission creator, but this weekend I will, sure!
    These videos may help (click me).
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h