Thread: Quick reference info sheets (Spitfire MkIa, Hurricane MkI so far)

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Quick reference info sheets (Spitfire MkIa, Hurricane MkI so far)

Hi All,

While I'm still learning aircrafts one after another in CLoD, I attempted making my own print-out reference information sheets, containing data and checklists I find practical and useful in flight. The goal is to fit as much useful info in a single A5 printed paper, so the crucial stuff can be referenced easily.

Procedures were simplified to accustom practical simulation use.

From my sources I do find some conflicting data, so do not expect full on accuracy. (E.g. 2600 vs 2700 rpm for cruise)
    (EDIT: For conflicting data, data from official Flashcard would be firstly considered.)

I plan to progressively create more of these for other aircraft types, but I have to fully understand the operation principles of each aircraft type beforehand, and so far I've only gone through a few.

Hopefully you guys would find it useful, I'm open to all feedback and criticism.

***Link to Google Drive folder and sources at the bottom***

Image preview samples:
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 12.33.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 12.33.54 AM.png

Google folder link (Contains combined and seperated PDF, DOCX, susceptible to future additions):
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1L?usp=sharing

***SOURCES***
    Team Fusion's aircraft flashcards ("Manual")
    (Found in game folder, accessible from game menu)

Chuck's guides:
    https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guid...iffs-of-dover/

"Cliff of dover aircraft operation checklist OP2GvSAPINST_3710.1B.pdf"
    (Possible origin: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24547)
    https://www.pixel-architecture.com/w...ST_3710.1B.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Messtin; Feb-21-2021 at 23:23. Reason: Sources

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Quick reference info sheets (Spitfire MkIa, Hurricane MkI so far)

Nice work.

For the engine management numbers you can refer to the 'flashcard' that are included in the game.
    Actually we prepared 1-page short manuals for easy printout as well, they exist both in English and German but because of some reasone or another never were published.

S!

DerDa

3. Likes Messtin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks for your contributions.

A comment regarding what is listed in our manuals versus the original aircraft manuals:

- Most of the BATTLE OF BRITAIN era aircraft on the British side had manuals which dated from before the introduction of 100 octane fuel. As a result, their maximums, (taken from 87 octane fuel use recommendations) were different than what was allowable after the introduction of higher allowable boost settings.

- Listings in historical manuals regarding stall speeds, approach speeds, etc. were taken from the instrument readings in the historical aircraft. These instruments were subject to considerable position error... due to the placement of the pitot tubes for the instruments. (see historical manuals for position error tables) The game does not model position error... it would be nearly impossible to include the position error for all the various types of aircraft in the game... all of which had differing degrees of position error due to different placement of pitot tubes... Instead the game has accurate Indicated Speed (IAS)... as if there were no position error. Players must still convert for True Airspeed (TAS).

5. Likes Messtin, farley, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    - Most of the BATTLE OF BRITAIN era aircraft on the British side had manuals which dated from before the introduction of 100 octane fuel. As a result, their maximums, (taken from 87 octane fuel use recommendations) were different than what was allowable after the introduction of higher allowable boost settings.

- Listings in historical manuals regarding stall speeds, approach speeds, etc. were taken from the instrument readings in the historical aircraft. These instruments were subject to considerable position error... due to the placement of the pitot tubes for the instruments. (see historical manuals for position error tables) The game does not model position error... it would be nearly impossible to include the position error for all the various types of aircraft in the game... all of which had differing degrees of position error due to different placement of pitot tubes... Instead the game has accurate Indicated Speed (IAS)... as if there were no position error. Players must still convert for True Airspeed (TAS).
    That's very nice to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Nice work.

For the engine management numbers you can refer to the 'flashcard' that are included in the game.
    Actually we prepared 1-page short manuals for easy printout as well, they exist both in English and German but because of some reasone or another never were published.
    The numbers in the manuals actually do make more sense for what I've got, I could have just used those!

7. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    ... they exist both in English and German ...
    ... and French
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

9. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

I saw the Hurricane one when you posted it to reddit. Good work again!
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

11. Likes Messtin liked this post