Thread: Controls Options

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.90 MB

Question Controls Options

I'm running a Thrustmaster T16000 and I'm trying to fine tune my elevator, rudder and aileron controls. Right now, everything is too sensitive. I come in on a target, and the slightest twitch on the joystick puts me off target. I'm assuming that I can correct it in the Controls Options. But I can't figure out how to use the Sensitivity, 0% Dead Zone and 100% Dead Zone to correctly set my control.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chiakopf
    Last edited by Kip Chiakopf; Feb-22-2021 at 11:19. Reason: Spelling

2. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Controls Options

It has been explained to me several times and I never understood a word of it

Now I am using (with thrustmaster 16000 and rudder pedals)
    ailerons: sensitivity 1,00
    0% dead zone: 0,01
    100% dead zone 0,02

elevators: sensitivity 1,00
    0% dead zone: 0,01
    100% dead zone 0,02

rudder: sensitivity 1,00
    0% dead zone: 0,02
    100% dead zone 0,00

and it seems to work somehow.
    Try it out.

Hope this helps,

S!

DerDa

4. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kip Chiakopf View Post
    I'm running a Thrustmaster T16000 and I'm trying to fine tune my elevator, rudder and aileron controls. Right now, everything is too sensitive. I come in on a target, and the slightest twitch on the joystick puts me off target. I'm assuming that I can correct it in the Controls Options. But I can't figure out how to use the Sensitivity, 0% Dead Zone and 100% Dead Zone to correctly set my control.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Chiakopf

Hi Kip Chiakopf

Yes you can adjust the sensitivity in Controls-Options-Axes . Here you can adjust sensitivity 's for the Ailerons , Elevator and Rudder .

The top line is the sensitivity setting for your controller and 0 = most sensitive . On this setting your flight controls respond their quickest to your inputs on your flight stick and 0 represents a 1 to 1 ratio between input (IN) from you and output (OUT) on your aircraft . As you move the slider to the right towards 100 they become less sensitive so the IN becomes greater than the OUT

0% Deadzone sets the time delay between your IN on your flight stick to how long the OUT reacts to it . Again 0 represents a 1 to 1 ratio as you move the slider to the right the time delay becomes bigger

100% Deadzone . I think the best way to describe this is that it's the opposite to the 0% Deadzone . So again 0 gives a 1 to 1 ratio but as the slider moves to the right the OUT becomes greater then the IN . The wrong setting here will definitely make your controls over sensitive .

I hope this helps you sort out your issue with sensitivity .

Good Luck
    Last edited by ATAG_Knight; Feb-22-2021 at 13:33.

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

6. Likes ATAG_Marlow, rontaila, Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

I would like to add a couple thoughts to this post.

While using the sensitivity settings within the game you can look at the green lines in the Controls menu and roughly see what is happening with your setting for that control. INPUT is the movement of your stick, OUTPUT is the movement the game applies to the control. I think you have to APPLY the setting for this to be accurate, so once that is done play around with the movement of your stick until you think it looks and feels right to you, when done write your setting done somewhere because you are going to be changing things in time as you get more use to the game, having a record of what you have done in the past will be important.

Now go into the game and fly the plane you are interested in. For starters use the QUICK MISSION Free Flight mission and test your controls in free flight. A little movement of the stick should move the plane in a way you think is acceptable. I have even used the external view of my plane to look at the control to see it's movement, but that might be a little anal, if you ask me.

Next step the fun part, practice shooting at something fairly stationary. I use one of the QUICK MISSION Boomer Intercept missions. They shoot back unfortunately, but your get the idea here.

Be aware you can get the controls too insensitive so that combat with enemy fighters is more frustrating than it should be. Like most setting in an airplane it is a balancing act.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

8. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post