Thread: user ini file failing to take settings into newer version

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

user ini file failing to take settings into newer version

Hi,
    for some odd reason and ever since Steam updated Blitz to 5.015 I have lost my gunsight turn on/off using Alt G. Also M does not show map., and maybe other things are missing.

If I fly e.g. v 4.312 Its there using Alt G for gunsight as is M for map. So the user.ini file from
    C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD should fix the problem in Blitz 5.015 and also Blitz 4.53, alas it doesn't.

I have copy pasted it to :-

C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

as well as
    C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover_Blitz4.53RemoveBeforeFlight

but no success. why ?

How do I use my user.ini file from a previous version to get my settings back ?

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: user ini file failing to take settings into newer version

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    for some odd reason and ever since Steam updated Blitz to 5.015 I have lost my gunsight turn on/off using Alt G. Also M does not show map., and maybe other things are missing.

If I fly e.g. v 4.312 Its there using Alt G for gunsight as is M for map. So the user.ini file from
    C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD should fix the problem in Blitz 5.015 and also Blitz 4.53, alas it doesn't.

I have copy pasted it to :-

C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

as well as
    C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover_Blitz4.53RemoveBeforeFlight

but no success. why ?

How do I use my user.ini file from a previous version to get my settings back ?

Cheers

BOBC
    Stop saving stuff at random locations.

update game

let steam do it's thing.

Enjoy painless game play like the rest of us.

You are making this hard for yourself.

I recommend you stop doing that and enjoy the game.

I'm not going to post again an another of these threads of yours.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

1st Keybinds are not saved in user.ini but in confuser.ini which I suggested you to delete as new keybinds were added + Joystick recognition has changed (non compatible with old version) since Blitz
    2nd For changin a single keybind it's quicker to set your gunsight in the game than to mess around with your old files when you don't understand them.
    3rd Understanding your keybinds in the game should be priority #1 if you don't understand either keybinds and files why would you mess around with files.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Stop saving stuff at random locations.
    I didnt think C:\Users\BOBC\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover was a random location, we all have that address. Its where user.ini lives normally for all of us. and also the Confuser.ini that Tibsun mentions.
    Its always been said to restore lost setting bring in a functional user.ini
    update game
    But I did, I said that in my post, since the update gunsight and map key commands dont work. Only on CoD MoD versions do they work.

let steam do it's thing.
    Surely with the update it did do its thing, and its lost me those controls.

I recommend you stop doing that and enjoy the game.
    I will, after I solve the update doing this to what is a standard location for us all. I would think that loss of gunsight or map is not a luxury to forget about though.
    At the moment in the update I cant see the cockpit shadow areas, almost black, got no gunsight or map, and my skins are a bit darker as is everything, along with Harry Potter blue aura spoiling what were realistic aircraft formerly making for great stills and video and realism, I was with no problems at all with anything, prior to the update. At least by still having old Blitz I can see the result of 6 months of skinning and see the items in the cockpits. To see such cockpit detail is essential for flight and enjoying the game. I also like to get things looking right, I am not alone in this, e.g. I am helping someone create accurate airfields, or should he forget such and who cares about correct airfields get flying and have fun instead, who even cares about correct appearance, well some do, nothing wrong in honing ones own game and others who want it using the results as well. I do enjoy flying but as I have 43 years knowledge of all that is BoB I end up flying seeing labels saying wrong, attached to things, and wish to be rid of them to further the enjoyment. To have to start editing what were perfectly good stills now is a nuisance, or tell Larry and others they should stop creating great images and instead just fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    1st Keybinds are not saved in user.ini but in confuser.ini which I suggested you to delete as new keybinds were added + Joystick recognition has changed (non compatible with old version) since Blitz
    2nd For changin a single keybind it's quicker to set your gunsight in the game than to mess around with your old files when you don't understand them.
    3rd Understanding your keybinds in the game should be priority #1 if you don't understand either keybinds and files why would you mess around with files.
    Thanks Tibsun, wholesome good advice. I will create the missing keybinds manually again, it used to be always said to copy paste a good user.ini to a corrupted one, so I went with what was always said here rather than get flamed for not bothering to use the traditional advice that exists. I even searched the forum for such and saw the advised user.ini

Cheers

BOBC