Thread: Flak sound bug

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.30 MB

Flak sound bug

Hi!

I'm quite new to CloD and I found a few annoying thing. I don't know it's a game bug or something other, maybe someone could confirm or refute me:

Most of the time I flew on the Dangerdogz BoB server:
    I attacked some ship over the channel and every time when the ship's flak hits my plane, there is no sound for the hit!
    If I returned to the same ship, sometimes it is turned over. The ship is not destroyed, but it's bottom is over the water, and the ship is moving on.

Had anybody the same experience before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Re: Flak sound bug

Has this ever happened to you in singleplayer? If not, it could just be an issue with your connection to the server.
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.30 MB

Oh, till now I didn't play singleplayer mode.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Yes, Flack hits do not make sound, at least they do not for me. I think this is true for Ground to Air as well as Sea to Air hits. And watch out for those capsized gun boats, I think I was once shot down by one, but not 100% sure of that. Welcome to the friendly sky's!

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

If I returned to the same ship, sometimes it is turned over. The ship is not destroyed, but it's bottom is over the water, and the ship is moving on.

This is a server/internet problem. You can see them floating upside down (but still able to shoot at you) or in some notable cases floating in the sky - especially funny when its a submarine. Unfortunately it appears to be a netcode type of issue. Whether TF are looking into it I dont know or even able to fix it, but it has happened to me on many occasions on different servers. Sometimes you can fly away out of vision range then return and its normal - but not a very reliable method.
    I do know I have never successfully sunk one thats upside down - but opposite to Schroedingers cat, you can see it but do not necessarily know where it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Hiuuz

Yes, sometimes I take hits from flak, ships and aircraft and know nothing about it until I notice there is a huge hole in my wing. This is an annoying thing but I am sure it will be fixed in the future. The strange thing is: if you go to outside views and watch an aircraft being hit you can often hear the pings as the shots hit.

Bear with it, Hiuuz! It won't spoil the sim too much.....oh and welcome to our Community and the skies of Cliffs of Dover! We are very glad to have you here! Good luck and.......Salute!

7. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.30 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Bear with it, Hiuuz! It won't spoil the sim too much.....oh and welcome to our Community and the skies of Cliffs of Dover! We are very glad to have you here! Good luck and.......Salute!
    Hi Marlow!

Thank you for the greeting! This year I will step into my 40's and I search for a long term hobby. I found WW2 sims for a good one, beginned with the Warthunder, than GB and now I arrived here. Found BLITZ/TOBRUK superior over GB in some aspects, but these little prickles makes me sad.
    I know for a small modding group is a huge task to maintain a game like this, but I hope you will succeed to polish this GEM much further! I think this sim could be the best even with the current content!

Best Regards!

9. Likes DD_FT, ATAG_JackMaxx, Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Hiuuz.......thank you for your very welcome message! Oh...and by the way.... I have forgiven you for shooting me down in the desert yesterday! Maybe you should have dropped me a bottle of schnapps to save me from dying of thirst! Ha ha! We had some great dogfights.

It is very good to hear that you are enjoying Cliffs of Dover. We all think it is a very understated little gem, too! TFS have done a fantastic job to mod the sim up to this very high standard but we need many more people to be let into the secret so tell your aviation friends to give it a try. We want to fill the servers so that TFS can carry on their brilliant work!

I share your view that Cliffs of Dover is one of the best...if not the best...flight sim out there. I have been flying for 5 years now and I have had so much fun! One of the strengths of this sim is the strength of the Community behind it. We may be small but we are 'special.' Everybody here is mad keen on aviation and especially aircraft of WWII. We also believe in giving each other respect and support so our servers are a very enjoyable and relaxing environment to spend a few hours. So,yes, this is a brilliant 'hobby' for you.

Do you have Team Speak downloaded. It is the software that enables us to chat to each other and cooperate on sorties. We also spend a good deal of time laughing. I would love you to download Team Speak and come and say 'hello.' We are all 'mature' guys because the complexity of this sim doesn't encourage youngsters. In fact, some of us would love to be back in our 40's!! Ha ha!

Here is a thread that will tell you more about Team Speak:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...read.php?t=732

I hope you manage to download Team Speak (it's free!) and manage to come and fly with us....Blue or Red, it doesn't matter. If you have any problems or questions do ask and we will try to help. Good luck and hope to 'wing up' with you soon. Keep watching your 6! I might be coming for you! Salute!

11. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I’m lucky that you did not ask for a bottle of grappa for each time I shot you down, that would have ruined me
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    I’m lucky that you did not ask for a bottle of grappa for each time I shot you down, that would have ruined me

Bwaaaagggggghhhhhhh!