Thread: Track IR hat clip broken

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

Track IR hat clip broken

I managed to stand on my hatclip, not recommended, and break off one of the reflective tabs. Has anyone any ideas on the best way to stick it back on? A replacement to way to expensive. :s

2. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Re: Track IR hat clip broken

I assume it is one of the two that fit down on the bill? This is going to be a tough one to repair as it is thin spring steel and the break is small. I can do TIG welding, but I am not practice enough to even try this one. I would try industrial strength epoxy, not the Five Minute stuff, it drys much too soft. And when you do that glue-up, I would add a small piece of metal to the joint while gluing it together. I don't think you will be able to do any clamping to secure and position the two half's, but you can use jigs and weights to help hold things in place. Good epoxy will take 24 hours to set up and 48 hours to cure hard you can handle it after 12 hours. I am curious, what do these hat clips cost?

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

From the USA they are around $8 but with deliverly it was something like $50!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

There are Trackir dealers in other countries that sell parts. Depending on where you are they could have more reasonable postage rates than Naturalpoint offer.

Daz

6. Likes Cloud-Clipper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Or find a shop were they can 3D print a clip.The file for a 3D print can be downloaded here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1930447#files or for a cap model: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:49142#files

This way I way my own ir-clip and ir-cap model. I didn't use a ptc.
    SFH485p_setup.jpg
    schema.jpg
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

8. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Use a few drops of liquid "superglue" (cyanoacrylate), and before it dries sprinkle some soda bicarbonate powder on it. It does wonders. You can repeat to add a few layers for extra strength.

Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

10. Likes Cloud-Clipper, DerDa liked this post