Thread: Spitfire and Wellington "Ramrod" 1941

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Spitfire and Wellington "Ramrod" 1941

Spitfires of 222 Sqn and Wellington Mk 1c's of 149 Sqn "Leaning Forward".

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: Spitfire and Wellington "Ramrod" 1941

Nice skins!

I wish CloD default markings looked that good with the more squared off fonts.

3. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Lovely work, Vamps!

I especially like the second shot...where the Spitfire is leading the Wellingtons on! Salute!

5. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Hawk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Nice skins!

I wish CloD default markings looked that good with the more squared off fonts.
    What do you see as the difference between these and the default ones? (It is not impossible to change, but such changes might then be applied for all RAF aircraft markings).
    Last edited by major_setback; Mar-16-2021 at 16:54.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Lovely pics Vamps , beautiful .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

8. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Lovely work, Vamps!

I especially like the second shot...where the Spitfire is leading the Wellingtons on! Salute!
    Yes I like the second screenshot Marlow.

I have the first one as my background on my desktop.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

10. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    What do you see as the difference between these and the default ones? (It is not impossible to change, but such changes might then be applied for all RAF aircraft markings).
    Hi Setback,

I discussed RAF markings soon after 5.0 came out in this thread: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34029

Essentially the default markings use a font that is quite "rounded" and most photos I have seen show most squadrons using a more squared off font. I would love for the default markings to be squadron accurate similar to the german planes, with different fonts per squadron, but a switch to a different font that more accurately represents the "average" squadron would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Hi Setback,

I discussed RAF markings soon after 5.0 came out in this thread: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34029

Essentially the default markings use a font that is quite "rounded" and most photos I have seen show most squadrons using a more squared off font. I would love for the default markings to be squadron accurate similar to the german planes, with different fonts per squadron, but a switch to a different font that more accurately represents the "average" squadron would be nice.
    I'll have a look at it.
    Cheers.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

You need to provide a picture of how you want each letter/number to look.
    The game doesn't use fonts to generate the codes, judging by what I've seen. The letters and numbers are crammed into a couple of picture files - the game takes a portion of that picture and applies it to the skin. It is probably not possible to make them bigger on the file itself. There is no space. It would need coding changes (and coders have more urgent priorities), or maybe changes made using the markings editor (also probably not possible to do). So if I manage to make a change, it will be this: to alter each letter/number on that RAF picture file.
    Without me looking at these files I am guessing that the change might well then be applied to all RAF aircraft. Every RAF plane will have your font. So you have to be certain that you want the change, and that you want your suggested font applied to all RAF planes.

Also, if this looks like it will take a lot of time to do, I'm afraid it will have to be overlooked.

I'm only going by memory of how it works, and might be mistaken in anything I stated.

Principle skinner