Thread: Once again about bomb fuses

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.30 MB

Once again about bomb fuses

Hi!

I'm new to this sim. Maybe it was discussed, than redirect me to there, please.
    I'm flying the 109 and would like to know how the bombs works. I tried different settings, but can't see any difference.

- I guess charging delay is the time between bomb impact and bomb detonation. But with every setup the bomb detonates after aprox. 10 seconds after the impact.
    - What is "automatic dive fuse delay" doing?
    - What is the difference between "Sturz" and "Wagerecht" position in game mechanics? I tried this with the 4x50kg setup. I dropped 2 with "Sturz", 2 with "Wagerecht" but didn't see any difference.

1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

Re: Once again about bomb fuses

I have the same doubt, precisely with the 109 with bombs.
    Unlike other planes (bombers) the fuse setting in the plane menu doesn't seem to affect my plane's loadout. It is stuck with high-alt fuse (level bomb option - 4-2 in your diagram) which only works if dropped above 1km AGL, and dive fuse (9s or less, 4-1 in the image). the dive fuse only goes off on ground if it has some seconds to arm (like dropped from 300m in a smooth glide, or skips many times over water).
    It seems we can't select the '0v' option of Sturz (dive), which would mean "no fuse delay".

I don't know what the charging fuse means, but I had set it to 0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

Figured out the automatic dive delay and the delay settings for the german bombs (C50(25) fuse).
    If you drop from 1km and more your bomb will explode after the time you set in the charging delay(on impact if 0 sec is set).
    If you drop from below that altitude the bomb will always explode after 14 seconds no matter your fuse setting.
    I assume it will be same for the C50(15) fuse, not sure which planes use that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

I was testing in single player missions. I think the fuses might be all messed up in SP. Trying the Beaufighter Ic, any and all fuse options I select end up in insta-explosion. Doesn't matter if I put 72 hours fuse in the loadout with a self-made loadout. (I did use DynMis previously in another session)

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I agree with it is charge delay is the time between bomb impact and bomb detonation.
    Uso ssstwitter.com para los videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

In real life, an aerial bomb prior to the end of the Viet Nam war, with an impact fuse has three main components: Fuse, adapter-booster and burster.

Within the fuse is a small device called the delay element which is installed when the bomb is loaded. They are issued in decimal seconds. (e.g. .25 is one quarter second) This little one inch x one inch cylinder controls the timing from impact to detonation of the booster. The fuse screws into the booster which is screwed into the nose of the bomb, hence the proper name "Adapter-Booster". The booster has an explosive (Tetryl) which is less shock-sensitive than the fuse, but is very powerful so it will detonate the mostly insensitive (Tritonal) filler of the bomb body (Burster). Once again, this configuration only applies to impact fuses.

Time delay fuses were usually installed into an adapter-booster in the tail of the bomb so they can withstand the impact without physical damage. They can be mechanical time delay or even chemical delay for very long periods like hours or even days.

Modern fusing may be completely different due to electronic and digital improvements .

In our simulator, the armorers frequently drink too much and put the wrong delay elements in. Therefore, it's wise to follow the advice of the posters above when planning your ordnance.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jul-02-2021 at 16:08.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post