Thread: Short clip from yesterday's Ital wing event

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

Short clip from yesterday's Ital wing event

I forgot to start the recording when we were doing the initial Blenny raid and only recorded my solo efforts to destroy the tanks attacking Bir er Malla.
    I mainly record these to check how was my aim and initially I thought it was pretty bad, but from watching the tracks it was ok but the bombs bounced of the ground and exploded mid air.
    Blew up my oil cooler in the first mission that way which is bad. On the other the bouncing bombs blew up a G.50 in the next mission, which is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Short clip from yesterday's Ital wing event

The Blennie is not a dive bomber.
    If you come in very low and level the results should be better.
    250lbs are less prone to bouncing than the 500lbs, in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Also, increase the time, you might have suffered damages due to the explosion

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Bouncing betty?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    The Blennie is not a dive bomber.
    If you come in very low and level the results should be better.
    250lbs are less prone to bouncing than the 500lbs, in my experience.
    Anything can be a dive bomber if you are brave enough

6. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Oskar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by palker View Post
    Anything can be a dive bomber if you are brave enough
    A while back I was trying my hand at bombing german cruisers.

I eventually found that using the Hurri Mk 2 was the best option, chop throttle, point it at the deck, and let the bombs loose! Far better chance of getting hits than fooling around with the bombsights in Blennies or Wellies.

The Hurri 2 with 2x 500lb can carry the same payload as the Blennie's main bomb bay anyway!

8. Likes major_setback, DerDa, palker, ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by palker View Post
    I forgot to start the recording when we were doing the initial Blenny raid and only recorded my solo efforts to destroy the tanks attacking Bir er Malla.
    I mainly record these to check how was my aim and initially I thought it was pretty bad, but from watching the tracks it was ok but the bombs bounced of the ground and exploded mid air.
    Blew up my oil cooler in the first mission that way which is bad. On the other the bouncing bombs blew up a G.50 in the next mission, which is good.
    Good shot!
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

10. Likes ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

god if they bounce that high with a 1 sec fuse, I wonder if I actually hit anything dropping with 11secs, they would have exploded in france.
    You had a exciting night - was it you close to dazza on the first mission that had a nice view of his blennie having a close encounter with another?

12. Likes palker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    A while back I was trying my hand at bombing german cruisers.

I eventually found that using the Hurri Mk 2 was the best option, chop throttle, point it at the deck, and let the bombs loose! Far better chance of getting hits than fooling around with the bombsights in Blennies or Wellies.

The Hurri 2 with 2x 500lb can carry the same payload as the Blennie's main bomb bay anyway!
    In WWII it was found bombing from high altitude with level bombers versus ships was almost always completely ineffective... unless the ship was static.

In the Pacific even the B-24 switched to skip bombing versus Merchant ships. (that would be suicidal versus warships unless equipped with the forward 75mm cannon version to suppress flak)

14. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

In the Pacific even the B-24 switched to skip bombing versus Merchant ships. (that would be suicidal versus warships unless equipped with the forward 75mm cannon version to suppress flak)
    you getting b24 crossed with b25 for 75mm cannon?
    Although skip bombing in a b24 at 50feet would be an experience or even in a mossie/a20/b25

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    god if they bounce that high with a 1 sec fuse, I wonder if I actually hit anything dropping with 11secs, they would have exploded in france.
    You had a exciting night - was it you close to dazza on the first mission that had a nice view of his blennie having a close encounter with another?
    Oh yes, that was me it looked quite spectacular. I regret not recording that
    Also according to these stats your bombs found their marks quite effectively.
    The bounce only occurs when you drop from shallow dive or level flight at low altitude. It seems to depend on the angle of impact and type of surface you hit.

17. Likes 56RAF_stickz liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

thanks palker I hadnt seen those stats - I must have stolen kills from everybody following.
    I have just never seen any bombs bounce that high and I started with a pop up attack to throw flak, surprised mine didnt do the same I must have levelled out early enough.
    I initially thought the crash took you out as well - I was on your 8 o'clock and from my view you flew right through the debris then I saw snappers film

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi guys,
    regarding the stats, especially those concerning the bombing, in the future we would like to make them more detailed.
    At the moment the game simply counts the destroyed things, it does not consider whether it is a simple truck, a ship, or a airport. So now in the stats you see the number of ground/sea kills.
    In the future we would like to give each "kill" its "weight", perhaps assigning points (as is on il2 46 or BoS).

Without an external program or something else, CloD's stats simple say too few and often are inaccurate.
    Let's see if we can do something, maybe with someone's help (everyone is welcome).
    Unfortunately in almost 10 years of CloD it would have been nice to have developed a nice stats system, like in the other sims.

S!

Hellrider
    Last edited by 5th Hellrider; Mar-22-2021 at 18:13.

20. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post