Thread: guns on tankers

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

guns on tankers

Good day to you all,

Thanks to Kodiak (famous name of past times) I can add anti aircraft guns on moving ships.

I have two questions:
    - Is their a way to add the Bofors_StandAlone on the gun platforms of static tankers?
    Or:
    - Is their ingame under Properties an adjustment for making moving ships not to start moving?

Hope someone can help me here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: guns on tankers

Quote Originally Posted by Barraclough View Post
    Good day to you all,

Thanks to Kodiak (famous name of past times) I can add anti aircraft guns on moving ships.

I have two questions:
    - Is their a way to add the Bofors_StandAlone on the gun platforms of static tankers?
    Or:
    - Is their ingame under Properties an adjustment for making moving ships not to start moving?

Yes you can put a Bofors on a static tanker in the same way as on a moving ship, edit the mission file

define the guns ;
    [Stationary]
    1_Static Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone de 0.00 0.00 0.00
    2_Static Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone de 0.00 0.00 0.00

add one to to a moving ship under [Chiefs]:

16_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 de /sleep 1200/skill 0/slowfire 2/skin0 materialsSummer1_gray/pax_skin0 materials_RAF/tow00_00 1_Static

and the other on a static tanker under section [Stationary]:

Static0 ShipUnit.Tanker_Medium1 de 25874.75 19850.12 -475.00 /sleep 1200/skill 2/slowfire 1/tow00_00 2_Static

There is a waypoint-timeout function but it isn't clear to me if it works. Give a moving ship a journey length of 10 cms, what is the difference with a static ship?

NB the tanker has two gun platforms, you can put a gun on both like this with two 'tows':

Static0 ShipUnit.Tanker_Medium1 de 25874.75 19850.12 -475.00 /sleep 1200/skill 2/slowfire 1/tow00_00 2_Static/tow00_01 1_Static

static tanker with two bofors

Last edited by Bonditaria; Apr-08-2021 at 09:53.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

3. Likes TWC_Flug liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

Thanks a lot Bonditaria for your speedy send of a detailed instruction!

5. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barraclough View Post

Under properties & waypoint, look for "Timeout". There are blanks for __:__ which means hours:minutes.

Also note that the timeout or 'pause' happens at the END of that segment. So if the segment if, drive 5 miles north with timeout 5 minutes, then it will drive five miles north and THEN stop for 5 minutes.

If you want the vehicles to stop at the beginning of their course, just add a new waypoint at the beginning, have them drive 5 feet or some other small amount, then timeout.

Tip: Here's how the 'TimeOut' function works for Vehicles - in the example, waypoint 0(3) has a Timeout of 2 minutes (0:2). At 07:00 when the mission begins, our J2 and Tug vehicle will move out from waypoint 0 to waypoint 1. When it arrives at waypoint 1 it will stop for 2 minutes before moving out again to waypoint 2. So in other words the TimeOut is a movement pause that applies at the end of the movement associated with the waypoint to which the TimeOut was applied. It seems a bit ass backwards, but it is a common theme in the FMB that actions apply at the end of a waypoint, rather than the beginning - if that makes any sense at all! Keep this principle in mind - action at the end of the waypoint - often it's the solution to an FMB problem.
    Source: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=23364.0
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post
    Under properties & waypoint, look for "Timeout". There are blanks for __:__ which means hours:minutes.

Also note that the timeout or 'pause' happens at the END of that segment. So if the segment if, drive 5 miles north with timeout 5 minutes, then it will drive five miles north and THEN stop for 5 minutes.

If you want the vehicles to stop at the beginning of their course, just add a new waypoint at the beginning, have them drive 5 feet or some other small amount, then timeout.

Source: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=23364.0
    Very helpfull this
    Among several possibilities it’s now possible to have a vehicle on a spline road circuit passing a certain place exactly at the moment you wanted it .