Thread: Tomahawk gunsight

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Tomahawk gunsight

Bit surprised to see no comment re this so has it appeared with new (019) patch?
    I did clear cache etc before running game post update.
    tomahawk mkII gunsight set 250yds range and 30ft wingspan puts the horizontal range bars almost at the sight range diameter - unlike hurri/beau (and probably spits) where it is slightly less than half the diameter (which I am pretty sure is correct - dia was supposed to cover a bombers wingspan at 300yds thereabouts). There seems to be a huge difference considering they use the same sight

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Tomahawk gunsight

250 yards (228 meters in Loadout adjust) - 30 foots is good start setting.

Ways better than default Hurri/Spit 338.33 meters ~370 yards and 30 foots, what require a boring adjust, that is not saved for next flight.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-15-2021 at 19:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    250 yards (228 meters in Loadout adjust) - 30 foots is good start setting.

Ways better than default Hurri/Spit 338.33 meters ~370 yards and 30 foots, what require a boring adjust, that is not saved for next flight.
    This was the recommended convergence by the RAF for the Battle of Britain.

Setting a different value would be historically inaccurate.

Players can go into Multiplayer and set the value for a different convergence and save it... this new convergence will then be saved for Singleplayer as well.

I would personally recommend between 200-250 meters for the RAF fighters with .303 MG armament.

I will look at possibly setting the Spit IIA to a shorter convergence distance since these aircraft only saw service from late August onwards.

4. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

I think he is saying the sight looks different when comparing the same range set up as a spit/hurri. I noticed the same, if they use the same sight the lit sight should look at least similar.

6. Likes 56RAF_stickz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ohms View Post
    I think he is saying the sight looks different when comparing the same range set up as a spit/hurri. I noticed the same, if they use the same sight the lit sight should look at least similar.
    Ok, will look at it.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

As it seems to causing confusion, it the bar separation (ie providing range) is dramatically different.
    But not as much as trying to upload 5 screenshots of the difference is doing to me
    5 pics, comparing spit to tomahawk: all with range set to 250yds, then 30ft wingspan, 50ft wingspan (shows tomahawk already nearly fully dilated) and spit 90ft wingspan where it is similarly near full dilated
    Attached Images Attached Images