Thread: Team Fusion is looking for Campaign and Mission Builders to join us

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Team Fusion is looking for Campaign and Mission Builders to join us

Hello All

As part of our effort to increase the amount of Singleplayer content available, Team Fusion is hoping to recruit additional members who can build Campaigns and Missions.

1st requirement is the energy and willingness to contribute.

Additional bonus is if the person knows C# coding or has some experience with codework. We can help you and some instruction is available, but self starters are preferred.

As a member you would be entitled to be compensated. No one gets rich as a TF member, but along with free copies of the game and dlc's there's a good chance you'd get enough money to get yourself a new tablet or laptop... plus you'd have the satisfaction of seeing your campaigns/missions in a published game.

Anyone interested should reply by private message.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Re: Team Fusion is looking for Campaign and Mission Builders to join us

I would like to make bomber missions, which I also did in the past. But there are AI issues that can not be managed in the Full Mission Builder.
    So can only be changed by coding unfortunately. With Desert Wings Tobruk we've seen AI improvements, a bit attention to the bombers AI would be good.

These are mine findings version 5.019:

1 AI Bombers missing a waypoint are getting lost, they fly around or worse return to enemy territory.

2 AI Bombers making strange wave manouvers if they arrive too early at next waypoint.

3 AI Bombers not dropping their bomb load. You see this happen every mission with flight of 9 bombers with right 3 or left 3 in formation do not drop. Since version 1.0

4 1 AI fighter pilot in the player's flight returning to base not long after take-off.

5 AI fighter ignoring enemy formation if "engage fighters" or "engage bombers" is not assigned to that formation.

6 AI still crash when return to base. It's less than before.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Bussard

We are working on some of the issues you mention and expect to have them fixed.

Regarding some AI crashing on landing.... that can be a function of the AI skill level.

We have recently updated the default AI skill levels to improve the AI basic flying skills... even if they are Rookie or Average. This should reduce the crash landings. But old missions which have the old default skill levels will still have Average/Rookie with horrible basic skills... and have problems landing sometimes. There is also the fact AI aircraft which are damaged WILL have problems landing... we don't plan to change that.

Re. the requirement for the flight to be programmed to 'Engage Fighters' or 'Engage Bombers', that will remain... the mission builders need to make sure they designate a target and add the qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    I would like to make bomber missions, which I also did in the past. But there are AI issues that can not be managed in the Full Mission Builder.
    So can only be changed by coding unfortunately. With Desert Wings Tobruk we've seen AI improvements, a bit attention to the bombers AI would be good.

These are mine findings version 5.019:

1 AI Bombers missing a waypoint are getting lost, they fly around or worse return to enemy territory.

2 AI Bombers making strange wave manouvers if they arrive too early at next waypoint.

3 AI Bombers not dropping their bomb load. You see this happen every mission with flight of 9 bombers with right 3 or left 3 in formation do not drop. Since version 1.0

4 1 AI fighter pilot in the player's flight returning to base not long after take-off.

5 AI fighter ignoring enemy formation if "engage fighters" or "engage bombers" is not assigned to that formation.

6 AI still crash when return to base. It's less than before.

5. Likes Bussard liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    858.84 MB

Hi,

I am a complete beginner and I am currently working on a Sqn65 Battle of Britain Spitfire campaign based on J Quills (Supermarine pilot test) excellent book. I am creating mission inspired on true BoB events, the campaign currently is 20+ tested missions long and I estimate I am 60% done.

I have started a thing that has become somewhat a bigger time consumer than expected but I find it highly enjoyable. It is part of the learning curve and I am progressing in my still very much limited knowledge. I have tons of ideas and questions but will be more prolific once my work is shared.

All the code I used is available in ATAG forums, thanks guys for making it possible. It is amazing to see what you can achieve by copying bits of code and adapting it. - Special thanks to Yo-Yo mission builder starter guide which is fundamental.

Most painful: Time Consuming. Do you like U2 "I still haven't found what I am looking for"? There you go : a structured approach to understand basic code concepts (book or online course) My time is currently too massively swallowed by inefficient try and error testing.
    Most interesting: the use of random function, building non predictable mission.
    Most frustrating: Player cannot be effectively a flight leader: lead a formation and and give orders (current identified bug in CLOD)
    Most promising and challenging: Create /Develop immersive concepts such as Persistence (passing on data from one mission to an other) and Non predictable path (building dynamic campaign developing depending random factors and previous results/events). This stuff gets me hooked.

Regards
    T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by tmuch0041 View Post
    Hi,

I am a complete beginner and I am currently working on a Sqn65 Battle of Britain Spitfire campaign based on J Quills (Supermarine pilot test) excellent book. I am creating mission inspired on true BoB events, the campaign currently is 20+ tested missions long and I estimate I am 60% done.

I have started a thing that has become somewhat a bigger time consumer than expected but I find it highly enjoyable. It is part of the learning curve and I am progressing in my still very much limited knowledge. I have tons of ideas and questions but will be more prolific once my work is shared.

All the code I used is available in ATAG forums, thanks guys for making it possible. It is amazing to see what you can achieve by copying bits of code and adapting it. - Special thanks to Yo-Yo mission builder starter guide which is fundamental.

Most painful: Time Consuming. Do you like U2 "I still haven't found what I am looking for"? There you go : a structured approach to understand basic code concepts (book or online course) My time is currently too massively swallowed by inefficient try and error testing.
    Most interesting: the use of random function, building non predictable mission.
    Most frustrating: Player cannot be effectively a flight leader: lead a formation and and give orders (current identified bug in CLOD)
    Most promising and challenging: Create /Develop immersive concepts such as Persistence (passing on data from one mission to an other) and Non predictable path (building dynamic campaign developing depending random factors and previous results/events). This stuff gets me hooked.

Regards
    T
    Great post!
    Thanks for your effort and input.
    Hopefully someone else can help you with any difficulties you are having - unfortunately it's not my department. Any contributions you make to the game are welcome.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

8. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by tmuch0041 View Post
    Hi,

... Special thanks to Yo-Yo mission builder starter guide which is fundamental.

Aw thanks, am glad it is being useful to someone still.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

10. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post