Thread: Change Default Fonts of RAF Aircraft Fuselage?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    6.57 GB

Change Default Fonts of RAF Aircraft Fuselage?

Hi Guys

I'm not very savvy with the technical side of things but im looking to change the default fonts on RAF Aircraft *Not Skinning.

I know its easy enough to add the Correct RAF font onto custom skins but is there a way to change the font used in the game?

Cheers all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Change Default Fonts of RAF Aircraft Fuselage?

Only we can do it.
    I think that at the moment there is only one 'font' option for the RAF aircraft, so they all use the same font type.
    It is actually not a font, but a set of pictures. Each picture has about 9 letters or numbers, arranged in a grid. The game selects a small portion of each picture to use as a letter or a number.
    They are drawn, not actual fonts.
    We can re-draw them. But the re-drawn version would be used on all RAF aircraft. So there will always be a need for compromise (as the games works at present).
    Changing the colour or brightness of them would need coding work, I believe; which is probably not likely at present (though we can change the brightness of codes on some of the new aircraft we made).

Cheers
    Last edited by major_setback; Apr-26-2021 at 06:08.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    6.57 GB

Hi Setback

During the 1940 - 1941 period the RAF font was universal so if it were to be redrawn, keeping the current brightness i think you'd be on to a winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkarjt1 View Post
    Hi Setback

During the 1940 - 1941 period the RAF font was universal so if it were to be redrawn, keeping the current brightness i think you'd be on to a winner.
    Could you send your references pictures of how you mean they should look (alphabet and numbers)?
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

5. Likes Dauntless liked this post