Thread: Track IR issue

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

Track IR issue

I have set it up so it is working fine but have found that when I enter the sim and climb into a cockpit the tracking seems to go to pot. It seems to lose the ability to look down even though it works fine out of game. When I say it 'loses the ability' it just freezes before I can look at the lower half of my cockpit but in the TrackIR software I can look straight down perfectly.

What would be the issue here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Track IR issue

Could be the reflection of the monitor.

3. Likes Cloud-Clipper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud-Clipper View Post
    I have set it up so it is working fine but have found that when I enter the sim and climb into a cockpit the tracking seems to go to pot. It seems to lose the ability to look down even though it works fine out of game. When I say it 'loses the ability' it just freezes before I can look at the lower half of my cockpit but in the TrackIR software I can look straight down perfectly.

Camera placement comes to mind. The optimum distance between the user and the TrackIR is 24-36 inches. Using the TrackIR within this range will achieve the best balance between range of motion and tracking precision. We recommend having no more than 4 feet between the reflective target and the front of the TrackIR.

Place the camera in accordance with the written instructions found in the help manual (Upper left on the Trackir screen), then observe the heads up view to make sure it's aimed at your reflectors or the LED light on PRO version. With your seat in the position you plan to use, adjust the camera so that the center green dot is centered on the trackir grid as you focus on the center of the screen. Using "Blue Clay" E-Z Tack is a great temporary adhesive to secure the cord to prevent it from moving the camera.

Experiment with positions and settings so that the green dots remain green as you track around with your head. If the position moves out of the camera's range, the green dots will also, or you may get peculiar Red warning symbols.

RTFM (Read the FULL Manual) and work with it until it works for you.
    Last edited by Baffin; May-23-2021 at 12:41.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

Thanks for the replies. What I am finding frustrating is that I boot up Track IR first and it works perfectly and then I load CloD and it starts to act a bit weird, mainly with the downward views.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Thanks for the replies. What I am finding frustrating is that I boot up Track IR first and it works perfectly and then I load CloD and it starts to act a bit weird, mainly with the downward views.
    How is the upward movement ?
    Tilt your head up a little when centering the Trackir camera. It may be that the camera/headset angle is not level.

I had a shorter chair and higher table which put my Trackir camera and headset at different levels. The camera was pointed down to compensate but this affected my head-tilt function and the camera would lose track of at least 1 reflector. I have a better chair now and the Trackclip Pro but am still conscious of raising my line of sight whenever centering my Trackir or I lose tracking when looking down or moving my head closer to the screen. It's a good idea to have a centering button at hand, best on a controller where you can center it without looking. I find it a necessary function, though I'm still readily shot down. Meh.

Daz

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

Up is fine, the issue is it's fine out of CloD but not in it. Wierd

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

When I said it could be the reflection of the monitor is because it happened to me. When I was in the desktop with a dark background, everything worked fine. When I had a bright image, it started "jumping", turned out to be something in my hat
    Same thing happened at a certain time due to the way the sun entered the room but, since you say it only happens when you are in-game, then that should now be it.

9. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/help/
    Try searching the help forums could be that someone else may have the same issue.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

11. Likes Cloud-Clipper liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    933.02 MB

I've had a similar problem with Trackir. In my case, the head tracking works fine when viewed in the Trackir display, but then in game it freezes - ie I look to the right and then turn my head back to look forwards or to the left but the head tracking/pilot view is stuck looking to the right etc.

This happens in both CloD and BoX. I've tried to eliminate any light sources etc that might be the cause but nothing to date has resolved the issue.

The 2 minute fix/workaround that's always worked for me, is to exit Trackir and CloD (or BoX), and reinstall Trackir.

Admittedely it doesn't identify the root cause, but at least the head tracking will work seamlessly with the game again.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

13. Likes Cloud-Clipper liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kilo 9 View Post
    I've had a similar problem with Trackir. In my case, the head tracking works fine when viewed in the Trackir display, but then in game it freezes - ie I look to the right and then turn my head back to look forwards or to the left but the head tracking/pilot view is stuck looking to the right etc.

This happens in both CloD and BoX. I've tried to eliminate any light sources etc that might be the cause but nothing to date has resolved the issue.

The 2 minute fix/workaround that's always worked for me, is to exit Trackir and CloD (or BoX), and reinstall Trackir.

Admittedely it doesn't identify the root cause, but at least the head tracking will work seamlessly with the game again.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Thanks Kilo, I'll try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

RTFM (Read the FULL Manual) and work with it until it works for you. [/QUOTE]

Very helpful post, but, I don't think that the abbreviation RTFM actually means "Read the Full Manual"
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

You might need to adjust your profile in Track IR, some of the guys have posted their track IR profiles here, https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...=track+profile

you can copy and paste into your track ir app, instruction are somewhere in the thread.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    Very helpful post, but, I don't think that the abbreviation RTFM actually means "Read the Full Manual"
    Read The Fabulous Manual?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Also check if TIR isn‘t defaulting to another profile when you start the game. Alt+Tab and see what profile is loaded in the TIR program while the game is running. Also check to see if the reflective/tracking device is set to the correct one. If you have the Track Clip Pro and TIR is set to the cap reflective thing (passive) or vice versa it will act weirdly.

Try setting your profile to exclusive to make sure it doesn‘t switch to another and test. Then you can set what profile is to be used with each game if it’s the case.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

Read The Famous Manual ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

RTFM (Read the FULL Manual) and work with it until it works for you.
    Very helpful post, but, I don't think that the abbreviation RTFM actually means "Read the Full Manual" [/QUOTE]

Be polite!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

, I don't think that the abbreviation RTFM actually means "Read the Full Manual"
    Right Time For Muffins

Randy Turtle Finds Mate

Raid Tombs for Money

or my personal favourite

Really Terrible Faux McAcronym

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

read the full manual is a Rational,through,functional, methodology to understand any complex program. but we're not reading any F*$"ing manuals, are we little Jack.........No!, we're flippin not!!