Thread: S.O.G. Prairie Fire

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

S.O.G. Prairie Fire

Prairie Fire: the code word used by MACV-SOG to identify recon ops into Laos (previously known as Shining Brass) and it was also used by helicopter pilots flying in support of SOG’s Recon A team was in imminent danger of being overrun, or was compromised and on the run – the exfil of SOG-assets in an emergency.

DLC for the (8 years old) ARMA3, focused in the actuation in the "Studies and Observation Group" secret missions during the Vietnam War, mostly in Laos against Ho Chi Min trail.

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/1227700/

Developer site: https://www.sogpf.com/

An small 6 or 7 missions campaign, designed to be played by up to 14 players in COOP, or as Solo Player - although result very hard (I play all), plus an familiarization mission for helicopter operation, one mission for weapons and combat introduction as SOG and one as Vietcong.

Plus an MP "sandbox" Mike Force.

And a "cartoon" map of Southeast of Asia (Vietnam, Laos, Camboja) as is possible in ARMA3 engine.

Developed with support of former SOG "operators" and Vietnamese consultants - in the game the "tree speak Vietnamese".

In Savage Games Youtube channel interviews with various former SOG members, e.g. John "Tilt" Stryker-Meyer, author of the book

ACROSS THE FENCE.

516Jw0ks1ML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCww...gqJ2cliZ1yi2FA

2. Likes ATAG_Pattle, 9./JG52_J-HAT, Silent135 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: S.O.G. Prairie Fire

I've been watching it live on twitch and I must say is very entertaining, specially they way is being played calling air support, artillery etc!

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Played it a few times. Pretty nice!
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

I was reluctant to buy it at first at what seemed a fairly high price and given the popularity of the existing "Unsung" mods, but the workmanship is top notch. If you like arma, are interested in the 'Nam and have a regular group of people to play with (or actively play on multiplayer), it's a no brainer.

If you play solo, probably not worth it though.