Thread: Hi Folks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.88 MB

Hi Folks

Recently started on CLoD having spent a bit of time in 1946 many many moons ago. Have run through a couple of single player campaigns, still feel near the bottom of the learning curve but enoying it - liking the Blenheim of all things, never having flown a bomber before. Don't have Tobruk yet but have just stated exploring the servers. Mightily impressed with all the work & resources available here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Re: Hi Folks

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencer400 View Post
    Don't have Tobruk yet but have just stated exploring the servers
    The ATAG Axis vs Allies Public Server runs multiplayer missions that do not require Tobruk.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Welcome, Fencer!

There’s a few of us (more than a few!) who enjoy flying Blennies on the ATAG Allied vs Axis server. We’d be glad to join up with you for a raid into France. Give us a heads up when you’re able to fly online.

Oh...and if you haven’t already...get Teamspeak 3 (it’s free! ) so you can listen to all our terrible jokes as we fly en route.

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Wellcome!
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

welcome ,I like flying the blennie myself occasionally, looking forward to seeing you on multiplayer when you are ready S!
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

There's a few of us who really enjoy flying the Blennie online. Unlike offline campaigns you can drop the fuel to 20%, we're not going to Berlin after all. The handling is great. Low level bomb runs and ganging up on 109's is a joy, even with only 1 wing gun. There's some skilled Blennie flyers / rear gunners amongst us, and all having fun. I encourage you to jump on ATAG server Teamspeak. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Even me(ish).

Daz

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fencer400 View Post
    Recently started on CLoD having spent a bit of time in 1946 many many moons ago. Have run through a couple of single player campaigns, still feel near the bottom of the learning curve but enoying it - liking the Blenheim of all things, never having flown a bomber before. Don't have Tobruk yet but have just stated exploring the servers. Mightily impressed with all the work & resources available here.
    I think Desert Wings is still on sale for $49.99 at IL2Sturmovik.com. Get it while it's discounted!

And welcome back!

Regards,

Kendy
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

Welcome. The Blennie is indeed great fun to fly. There's a few of us here who also enjoy flying the Wellington on a semi-regular basis. Happy to join in on any sorties to France in either. Look forward to seeing you online.
    ATAG_Bubba

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Fencer......another big welcome to the Forum and Servers of ATAG and Cliffs of Dover. We are delighted that you have chose to join our unique but very friendly Community. Yes, there have been tremendous additions and improvements to the sim in recent years. I'm now six years into my own Cliffs 'tour' and I feel I've only scratched the surface.

Cliffs is also a flight sim that looks to the future. The genius's at TFS are now working on future improvements such as 'True Sky, ' improvements to distances in contact spotting (spotting the enemy before he sees you, as I'm sure you already know, is one of the big challenges in air fighting!) and, of course, making the sim VR compatible. As well as this there are constant tweaks....corrections...and minor glitches sorted, on a monthly basis.

I have myself just returned from a two week walking holiday, during which I could not fly. Returning to the cockpit......facing the challenge of 'staying alive with 9/JG 52' gunning for me...and chatting with friends on Team Speak, has made the whole experience very enjoyable and I urge you to stick with that steep learning curve and join us in multiplayer and Team Speak as soon as you can. You don't have to be an expert! You won't break the server if you crash or get shot down....but you can cut the learning curve considerably by talking to the people who love to help! That's us!

Alternatively, post any questions, queries or problems, here and we'll get back to you as fast as we can!

Have fun! Good luck and I hope to see you in our CLoD skies soon! Salute!

15. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.88 MB

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Managed a quick sortie on the ATAG server last night and had gratifying success skip bombing some ships in the Blennie unmolested by fighters on the other side Elevators shot though, made it back on trim alone but rashly tried to land & ran out of skill very quickly. I've now got Teamspeak up an running, I think. Seemed to connect but not used it before & not sure if I was fully plugged in. What's essential to know to use it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Fencer........glad to hear that your setting up seems to be going well. It takes a little while to sort it all but once you are there.......well, you're there....and you probably won't have to touch anything for years! I find that when I eventually want to change something I've forgotten how to do it!

Just in case you haven't seen it: here is the setting up Team Speak thread on the forum:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...read.php?t=732

I used this many years ago and it helped me and I'm no computer whizz. If you think it will help we could try to meet up on line at a time that suits us both and you could try out your Team Speak. It sometimes helps to compare settings with another person. I do not use 'push to talk' because when I'm running away from 9/JG 52, I can't fly the

aircraft.....hit the button to call for help....an give a big girly scream..... all at the same time! (You wait! You probably haven't met 9/JG 52 yet!)

Let me know if this would help. Otherwise, enjoy the sim and we will no doubt bump into each other 'upstairs' sooner rather than later! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    33.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    If you think it will help we could try to meet up on line at a time that suits us both and you could try out your Team Speak. It sometimes helps to compare settings with another person.
    That's very much appreciated, I'd find that helpful. You have PM. Thanks!

19. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post