View Poll Results: Would you like the min. fuel limit to stay?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please, leave it as it is now

10 25.64%
  • Not at all, remove the restriction

25 64.10%
  • I don't care

4 10.26%

Thread: Minimum Fuel Limit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Minimum Fuel Limit

Very easy, you either want it or not and if you feel like sharing your opinion you can do so.

Last edited by Maru; Jun-25-2021 at 09:51.

2. Likes Sleepy_Fly, Pinguim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Minimum Fuel Limit

Can you add a fourth choice: would you like it to be managed at server level?

That would be my choice, so can't answer your poll...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

4. Likes Sleepy_Fly, badatflyski, ATAG_TCP, Pinguim liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

During some training we take very little fuel to practice rtb in gliding flight, very useful to prepare in case of engine failure in a multi-player mission.
    If we are forced to take at least 15 or 20% fuel we will have to fly much longer to consume the fuel, not really fun. -_-
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

6. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post

That would be a feature to be added in the Bug Tracker. This is more about the last update and everyone's feeling about it after some time.

Quote Originally Posted by OBT~Eazy View Post
    During some training we take very little fuel to practice rtb in gliding flight, very useful to prepare in case of engine failure in a multi-player mission.
    If we are forced to take at least 15 or 20% fuel we will have to fly much longer to consume the fuel, not really fun. -_-
    I understand, Noofi's suggestion would resolve that, until then, it's best to keep it off for now in my opinion.

8. Likes Sleepy_Fly, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

I would like it returned to how it was before simply because the only way to have static aircraft wearing custom skins is to create a 'mini-runway' (just a couple of meters long will do it) where you want your static aircraft to appear, and place a flyable aircraft with custom skin on it, set to waypoint 'take-off' and with fuel set to zero so it can't move.

Using this method it's possible to place aircraft on an airfield with canopies open, prop idling or stopped, and a pilot on board - great for static screenshots.

If the minimum fuel limit stays you have to visit each aircraft in turn and turn the fuel cock off before it tries to take off - very annoying. And of course you can't do that at all with the non-flyable Do17, Defiant etc.

Of course, if the ten-year-old bug gets fixed so that static aircraft can wear a custom skin then one wouldn't have to worry about it...

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.18 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post

This please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post

If the minimum fuel limit stays you have to visit each aircraft in turn and turn the fuel cock off before it tries to take off - very annoying.
    You may have noticed in the FMB you cannot put the fuel slider to zero since the update. However there is nothing stopping you from altering the mission file once it is saved. You may or may not have noticed that existing missions where flights have "Fuel 0" in the .mis file, still launch correctly with zero fuel. The restriction is not applied at mission-run-time, only in mission-creation, so you can still make your runways with the aircraft you want then edit the mission file with a text editor and you are fixed. No need to visit aircraft and turn fuel cock off. Your fuel edits are not lost when you reopen, change and save your mission in the FMB later as long as you don't touch the previously edited aircraft's fuel slider.

Good thing it works as it does or at least one official TFS campaign mission would be broken. First thing I checked when this update dropped was that missions with lower than 'minimum' fuel still work correctly. I don't like updates that break existing things.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

12. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I want an option for set 0 fuel... reasons.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    I want an option for set 0 fuel... reasons.
    On old il2 46, we used take the Zeke with 10% of fuel and drop-tank. One time i tryed, for fun, 0% + drop-tank, when we meet the enemies I released the tank and dive on the enemy, shootdown him. A kill with 0% fuel

Of course I could do the same manteining the drop-tank...

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    You may have noticed in the FMB you cannot put the fuel slider to zero since the update. However there is nothing stopping you from altering the mission file once it is saved. You may or may not have noticed that existing missions where flights have "Fuel 0" in the .mis file, still launch correctly with zero fuel. The restriction is not applied at mission-run-time, only in mission-creation, so you can still make your runways with the aircraft you want then edit the mission file with a text editor and you are fixed. No need to visit aircraft and turn fuel cock off. Your fuel edits are not lost when you reopen, change and save your mission in the FMB later as long as you don't touch the previously edited aircraft's fuel slider.

Good thing it works as it does or at least one official TFS campaign mission would be broken. First thing I checked when this update dropped was that missions with lower than 'minimum' fuel still work correctly. I don't like updates that break existing things.
    Thanks for the tip Bonditaria - appreciated.

16. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

Between those 2 options, I chose to remove them.

Checking ingame how the minimum fuel limits are set, I partially changed my mind: they are reasonable for fighters, but very bad for bombers. The beaufighter has quite harsh limits too, but shouldn't be unrestricted, just a smaller minimum fuel perhaps (it has double the amount of the 110).

18. Likes palker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by OBT~Eazy View Post
    Easy to be solved. Turn off the engines. Same effect as ending the fuel. ( If you take the minimum fuel quantity, the fuel weight left in the tanks will not affect drastically/a lot your gliding performances )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-15-2021 at 16:43.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

20. Likes Baffin liked this post