Thread: Hurricane MKIIc @ Altitude

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Hurricane MKIIc @ Altitude

Can you please fix the Super Charger gear at altitude, as soon as you reach 27,000 to 28,000 ft it chokes the engine and this is incorrect. A Hurricane should be able to reach 35,000 ft with Gear engaged and this is not the case. I have sent video and will do another one if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Hurricane MKIIc @ Altitude

Quote Originally Posted by BlacKnight View Post
    Can you please fix the Super Charger gear at altitude, as soon as you reach 27,000 to 28,000 ft it chokes the engine and this is incorrect. A Hurricane should be able to reach 35,000 ft with Gear engaged and this is not the case. I have sent video and will do another one if needed.
    There were no complete Climb Tests to altitude done for the Hurricane IIC.

What you are looking at in the IIC climb charts you see on the internet are basically figures moved over directly from Hurri IIB tests... which were relatively complete. (although the maximum height achievable in these IIB tests was noted as estimated )

The IIC was heavier than the IIB and had inferior drag characteristics so in actuality it is unlikely the aircraft would be able to match the IIB's climb performance.

You should also be aware, climb performance at extreme altitudes is very much a function of the pilot's skill and methodology.

Climb at higher altitudes typically require a higher speed than at lower, denser altitudes.

The Hurricane II's can climb at approx. 150 mph TAS (true air speed) down low, but at very high altitudes, they will need to 190-200 mph TAS to climb successfully.

You basically have to be very disciplined and level out your aircraft to allow it to gain enough speed to climb... and then maintain that speed and not allow the nose to climb and lose speed to the point altitude gain ceases.

At 30,000 ft, 120 mph IAS (indicated air speed, or what you see on your gauges) is approx. 192 TAS... you need to keep the speed of the aircraft at this approx. 120 mph IAS number or above to climb.

You may need to increase rpms above the normal climb rating, (2850) to 3000.

I will still have a look at this again when I have time.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jul-11-2021 at 17:33.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.o...ricane-II.html

If you read in the TEXT the Pilot does not switch off there super charger gear at ALTITUDE again this is MODELED WRONG!

Last you can do all of the updating for the 109s but to see any corrections in a almost a year that you released on fixing this issue is sad! I am asking that you fix in the climb test above that he is not coming out of Supercharger gear and on your MODEL IIB or even IIc it does not work right...
    Last edited by BlacKnight; Jul-12-2021 at 06:49.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.o...x-curve-c2.jpg

Again PLS look at the JPG it shows that the FS gear is engaged... PLEASE FIX the AIRCRAFT!!! Stop working on the 109s and show some support for the complete product. I have waited and posted video of the supercharger failure at 27-8 thousand ft. in all air-frames I was not just talking about the IIc version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

BlacKnight,

Please chill. One thing is making a comment that you think something is incorrect and another is to force your view onto others with a demand, and on top of that, stating that TFS does not support all aircraft equally.
    I can assure you and anyone that TFS does not have a preference on any plane or side when it comes to supporting the game, making changes or updates. They base all in available data and extrapolations when full data is not available and to the best of their possibilities withing the realms of a game simulation.

If you want to have a civilized exchange on why you think A should be X and not Y, you are more than welcome to do it and I'm sure the TFS team will answer the best they can when they have the time to do so.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

The problem OP is referring to is that as soon as Hurricane reaches 0 lbs boost pressure (that happens angels 27-28 depending on map) it starts to shake violently.
    This happens to Hurricane II late versions without filter(did not try the trop ones), only when the second speed of the supercharger is engaged.
    It looks and feels same as when you put the mixture to lean while having high boost on Spitfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by palker View Post
    The problem OP is referring to is that as soon as Hurricane reaches 0 lbs boost pressure (that happens angels 27-28 depending on map) it starts to shake violently.
    This happens to Hurricane II late versions without filter(did not try the trop ones), only when the second speed of the supercharger is engaged.
    It looks and feels same as when you put the mixture to lean while having high boost on Spitfire.
    Thanks Palker,

I'm sure the TFS team will look into that as soon as they have the time.

8. Likes palker, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We will look at this... likely a mixture issue.

10. Likes palker, ATAG_Slot, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thiis is a mixture problem. The Merlin XX in the Hurricane II's had auto mix as compared to the other Merlins which had Auto Rich/Auto Lean. The game may need re-coding to fix the issue.

Hopefully we can have this fixed for the next patch which will be on July 29th.

Regarding bias... all aircraft are treated equally and on the basis of the known performance data.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

My only issue gents is that I posted this issue a while ago once before and I am glad it is being looked into...

Thanks

13. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BlacKnight View Post
    My only issue gents is that I posted this issue a while ago once before and I am glad it is being looked into...

Thanks
    there are dozens of posts a day and I don't have time to read them all.

If you want something addressed, add it to the bugtracker.