Thread: Video. Glider pilots dream - climbing without circling

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Video. Glider pilots dream - climbing without circling

Hi folks. Long time no see
    What a nice little flight that was! Streets of clouds ahead and on our way some other gliders joind us. The meteorlogical briefing, MET briefing for short, is part of the last third on the way to SPL-license. I could not have wished for better weather. My instructor Marcel and I didn't get airborne until late afternoon. After our winch launch, the Duo Discus XL (20 meters wingspan+winglets) was at about 400 meters. I caught a small thermal right at the field and cranked up to a good 1100 meters, then headed towards Geesthacht and from there along the Elbe canal towards Lueneburg, Uelzen and back again. Thermal circling was rarely necessary. Under so many clouds we flew relaxed several kilometers and were lifted up. It could not have been better. On the way, some other planes turned in for formation flying with us.... After 2 hours and 30 minutes we touched down in Hamburg-Boberg.

System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Re: Video. Glider pilots dream - climbing without circling

Very cool.....I got to go up in one in Air Cadets as a teenager. I had to work all day picking up and attaching tow ropes....but it was all worth it in the end. I was one of the last to go up and got more time in the air as we had to land at different spot...so bonus.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

3. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Birdtail View Post
    Very cool.....I got to go up in one in Air Cadets as a teenager. I had to work all day picking up and attaching tow ropes....but it was all worth it in the end. I was one of the last to go up and got more time in the air as we had to land at different spot...so bonus.
    Oh yes, work all day for ten minutes in the air ... I know that very well. Glider flying is a ugly time eater. At leat you had your fun! The next two weeks I'm going to be in Poland for an intense flight training. Our neigbours are just as mad for gliding as we are
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

5. Likes faf956 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

How about "Intensely Rewarding" time eater...........
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

7. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I once owned a Phoebus B1. Sold it and bought a Libelle201B. After a couple of years, I developed an eye problem and had to sell it. Still sad about that. I loved soaring. Now, all my flying is in the sims.
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SLAG View Post
    I once owned a Phoebus B1. Sold it and bought a Libelle201B. After a couple of years, I developed an eye problem and had to sell it. Still sad about that. I loved soaring. Now, all my flying is in the sims.
    Oh, I'm sorry to her that, Slag! Thats one of my biggest fears, groiunded forever because of some stupid medical issues. Did you get a good price for your Libelle? Today this bird is a real classic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

2:00 Finally an incontrovertible proof the the Earth is flat!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals