Thread: First Look 4K Aircraft!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

First Look 4K Aircraft!!

For those that like their visuals in 4k, enjoy this sneak peak into the continuous visual development in Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings Tobruk.

More information and screenshots coming later this weekend.

Bf 109 E7 Trop 4K.jpgTell us what you think of this stunning in game screenshot of the 4K Bf 109 E-7 Trop.

Happy weekend.

TFS Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: First Look 4K Aircraft!!

Hmmmm....4K monitor for Christmas ?.......Honey !....
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Hmmmm....4K monitor for Christmas ?.......Honey !....
    No!! because then we will need 8k textures

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

It looks fantastic even when you zoom in close to count the rivets!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    It looks fantastic even when you zoom in close to count the rivets!

I can't live without rivets. One of the most important aspects of the game!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

What did a frog tell the other frog?..... rivets

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

I like it a lot
    This is going to be a nifty step up for some core visuals, well done!

8. Likes danperin, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    I can't live without rivets. One of the most important aspects of the game!
    Its riveting stuff quite frankly

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

really beautiful , shame to shoot holes in it, but needs must.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

11. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Knight, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Asked elsewhere but are the team working on getting rid of the herring bone shadows? The skin looks superb but the shadows really detract from this?

Screenshot_20210731-093949_Chrome.jpg
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Asked elsewhere but are the team working on getting rid of the herring bone shadows? The skin looks superb but the shadows really detract from this?

I have just found out that if I shut my eyes really really tight I can't see them.

I think this is probably the same issue as the sky banding you have pointed out a number of times previously.

my guess is that the two are part of the same. which would lead me to believe it's a graphical issue deep within the original code.

It doesn't actually bother me much as i rarely notice it in game (never noticed the plane version until you pointed it out just now) ... but i do get that it bothers you. And I can also see why.

Shimmering trees? oh hell yeah!!.... banded shadows on planes... nope...

might be because I have limited awareness generally

I’m genuinely interested though. do you actually notice this in game? or just in screen shots?

(both are equally valid !!!)

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Hey guys...something that maybe you don't know...The sort of reticulation that you see on the aircraft it's not fault of TFS but of the video card ( At least for Nvidia users )...It's fault of the anti aliasing filters... they are proviking them

As you can see in the sample image below if you regulate correctly the video card settings you will not have any...

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Aug-01-2021 at 17:04.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    Hey guys...something that maybe you don't know...The sort of reticulation that you see on the aircraft it's not fault of TFS but of the video card ( At least for Nvidia users )...It's fault of the anti aliasing filters... they are proviking them

As you can see in the sample image below if you regulate correctly the video card settings you will not have any...

Molders thanks for your reply, I tried your settings but sadly no change. I have looked at your image and can see the stripes across the aircraft:

Stripes by mysticpuma2011, on Flickr

Here are a couple of shots I took after trying Molders settings:

Desktop Screenshot 2021.08.02 - 11.28.34.77 by mysticpuma2011, on Flickr

Desktop Screenshot 2021.08.02 - 11.26.50.02 by mysticpuma2011, on Flickr

Highseas, yes I see it in game more than in screenshots. Here's a clip of video (best viewed 4K):

I also see how when I ask questions I appear to be complaining about the work being done and I really don't want to come across like that. I am genuinely asking questions that I hope have 'simple' fixes or in case I am doing something wrong, but I guess that means I am highlighting problems and it detracts from the work TFS are doing (and have done).

I guess I'll just have to put it down to "it's CloD" and maybe future work, especially with PBR indicated as being considered, may erradicate it, cross fingers.

Anyway, the 4K skins look superb and my shadow issue will no doubt one day be solved, cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I also see how when I ask questions I appear to be complaining about the work being done and I really don't want to come across like that. I am genuinely asking questions that I hope have 'simple' fixes or in case I am doing something wrong, but I guess that means I am highlighting problems and it detracts from the work TFS are doing (and have done).
    At least speaking for myself I have simply tried to help you with what currently available and at the best of my capabilities/knowledge. My intention was just to possibly help, nothing more.
    My suggested settings will not completely remove the issue because, effectively there seems to be an issue with the shaders ( My guess is due to the low res used by the game for render them ) but at least they will mitigate as much as possible the issue ( at least now you don't have anymore those very visble brown reticles but they have switched to a lot more soft tone ). In addition take in mind that there also other settings you have to deal with to mitigate the issue ( I'm writing a detailed guide about it )
    Fixing them then will be a TFS work ( I'm only a tester ) but I'm sure they will get rid of it in the future

Again, personally speaking, until a criticism and the discussion is kept in civil way I have no problems at all with it. Constructive criticisms help and stimulate to improve, IMHO.
    Incompetents who pretent to be experts and who come here trying to impose their ideas/points of view in a harsh way are another story and they will get what they deserve.

The big problem of the game it's not TFS ( That I'm sure that is trying to do its best to provide us a better game ) but the huge horde of incompetents loitering around/annoying them.
    Every time ( or at least the most of them ) that one of them show up you are ( intended as generic, no reference to anyone in particular, be clear ) somehow " forced " to reply to them and losing time that could be invested in more productive activities and stuffs.
    Certain persons should have the decency to recognise their limits and their very poor pilot skills and they should start to shut up a little bit more ( even better to just step aside ), especially when, someone with more knowledge and experience of them, is trying to help and provide his best and his free time to support to the community and the game.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Aug-02-2021 at 12:09.

My PC specs

17. Likes rontaila liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Aces!
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Thanks for replying, appreciate the reply and the detail you put 8nto trying to resolve the striping.. I look forward to the work of the testers and TFS coming to fruition.
    No more questions from me
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Aug-02-2021 at 13:18.

21. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Is MP seeing a moire effect? If so there may be tweaking to video card settings to improve this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Oooooo Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Is MP seeing a moire effect? If so there may be tweaking to video card settings to improve this.
    Possibly

It's really hard to tell without comparing two machines together.

we have guys here running at very low resolution because they want to see blobs from far away.

and guys who play in high res, because they prefer eye candy to far-blobs.

That in itself makes it extremely hard to make any comparisons between what people see / expect to see.

and chucking in all the variations in process or power / gpu power we are running makes its even harder to make any meaningful comparison between them all.

What Mystic Puma has queried here is perfectly valid.

I don't have an answer, but the theme is similar to hios posts on sky banding. which was prevalent in older games running 16 bit colour.

I do not think that is the issue.

This isn't a 16 bit colour game !!

but i don't know enough to even hazard a guess as to what causes this.

EDIT

"Process or power" ...

Man!! (tough choice!!)

I meant Processor power
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Aug-03-2021 at 16:49.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Thanks for replying, appreciate the reply and the detail you put 8nto trying to resolve the striping.. I look forward to the work of the testers and TFS coming to fruition.
    No more questions from me

Questions are there to be asked!

ask 'em.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals