Thread: IL-2 Desert Wings Tobruk - One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

IL-2 Desert Wings Tobruk - One Year Anniversary!

Hi All,

Today marks the one year anniversary of the released of IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk!

One YR Anniversary_2.1.2.jpg

We would like to thank all of you, who joined the battle for North Africa a year ago today, and since.

To celebrate this milestone, we would love to see as many players as possible on the TFS Server 3 next weekend, for what we hope will be a massive player turnout on our 100 player server.

We will be releasing more details in the coming days, so keep a look out for that announcement.

Let us know if you are keen to join

Once again, thank you to everyone who bought Desert Wings Tobruk since it's release, and for the support you have shown to the Team Fusion Simulation team, as we continue our commitment to further improvements of this great flight simulation into the future.

Regards,

TFS Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: IL-2 Desert Wings Tobruk - One Year Anniversary!

Thanks Pete for this reminder.
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the release of Tobruk and all of the improvements that have been added to the game; both at release and subsequently via patches/updates.
    Thanks too to anyone who has purchased TF5 or Blitz. We very much appreciate your support!

Thanks
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Many thanks to TFS for the superb job you do to keep this simulator alive and always so fun to fly.
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Time flies (pun intended)

5. Likes Sleepy_Fly, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

A year already??? Wow, where has the time gone?

A big thank you to TFS for all your hard work and dedication getting DWT released, and for continuing to improve the sim.

I would've liked to have joined you next weekend, but unfortunately I will be unable to do so as I will be away, but I hope the event is a success and is well attended.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

7. Likes Sleepy_Fly liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Can be present saturday evening and/or sunday all day long.
    Probably with several OBT teammates.
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Thank you TF and may there be many more anniversaries & releases!

11. Likes Sleepy_Fly, ATAG_Pattle, Silent135 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Thanks to all at TFS, Keep on keeping up the good work I'll certainly do my best to be online next weekend
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

13. Likes ATAG_Pattle, Sleepy_Fly, ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I think it's just fantastic that this sim has survived since 2001. I think the company that originaly was advertising it back in 2000 0r early 2001 was bluebyte? I saw a screenshot of the F2 and was very impressed. I played the Demo in August 2001 as a matter a fact I still have VHS footage of some of that..Pretty funny stuff I remember in the glory days 2004-2005 of Spits VS 109s once and a while you would see 800 to 1000 people on the Hyperlobby. Anyhow I can't wait to blow my money on a VR set and fall out of my chair. Keep up the great work guys

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

At the time it was quite common to have those numbers of players: they easily exceeded 1000. Unfortunately the playerbase has now thinned a lot, and not only on CloD, but in general on airplane simulators.
    There has probably not been a real generation turnover. This is a real shame.

The fragmentation into multiple sims, competing with each other, didn't even help.

We hope for better days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Hellrider View Post
    At the time it was quite common to have those numbers of players: they easily exceeded 1000. Unfortunately the playerbase has now thinned a lot, and not only on CloD, but in general on airplane simulators.

The fragmentation into multiple sims, competing with each other, didn't even help.

We hope for better days.
    Just something funny I thought of. We need a new generation of folks like me who just don't have the heart to shoot people face to face...First shooters. Never could do it
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Aug-15-2021 at 14:52.

17. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 5th Hellrider View Post

We hope for better days.

822 not too bad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Aug-17-2021 at 00:53.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Good times, good times! Flew as Jambock_45 there in il-2 back in the they, then switched squads and could use JHAT.

And btw, WW2 is „a war that happened long ago“ already. Probably to newer generations the same how most of us relate to WWI or even some 19th wars.

Heard once a youtuber say when talking about WW2 for younger audiences: a conflict in the 20th century that became known as the second world war. The way he referred to it shook me right there.

The interest for most is there for the gameplay alone nowadays.
    Last edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT; Aug-17-2021 at 03:20.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS