Thread: Graphics GUI Resolution Problem

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Graphics GUI Resolution Problem

Really tearing my hair out with this one. CLOD always been good but recently I cannot join any multiplayer server because I cannot select an airfield. My map is always zoomed in like crazy. If I adjust it in any way it jumps back. I have tried many things including a new install. See below for details.
    For information I have a Nvidia card.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Re: Graphics GUI Resolution Problem

Quote Originally Posted by trubshaw View Post
    Really tearing my hair out with this one. CLOD always been good but recently I cannot join any multiplayer server because I cannot select an airfield. My map is always zoomed in like crazy. If I adjust it in any way it jumps back. I have tried many things including a new install. See below for details.
    For information I have a Nvidia card.
    Thanks
    Strange. Please try this:

rename "<MyDocuments>\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" to "<MyDocuments>\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.org"

Then start the game (it will create a fresh "<MyDocuments>\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover") and see if the problem persists.

In case that solved the problem, please compare the conf.ini and confUser.ini in the two folders for the difference that may have caused the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

CLoD video menu: Be sure to select resolution equal to the native resolution of your display screen.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

....and don't forget the simpliest of the things to try: delete the cache folder in " Documents " then run the game and check if the issue persist.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Thanks for your suggestions;

No luck but just for the record I have now: Delete Cache, Renamed Document folder and let it recreate a new one, Completely rinstalled the game and completely removed Nvidia driver using a utility and reinstalled.

..and for information I am using Nvidia surround native resolution of screen is 5760x1080 as recommended by Windows and I am using that resolution is game. I have tried Full Screen Mode and Pseudo mode.

STILL NO BLINKIN LUCK!

I have used this rig with these settings perfectly for several years....but now!!!

Any more thoughts would be appreciated.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

SOLVED!!!

Thanks to Ginger and this vidoe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1uj336cm1g

The problem is caused by ASUS SONIC STUDIO motherboard sound software.....who would have thought...

Thanks to you guys for your thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by trubshaw View Post
    SOLVED!!!

Thanks to Ginger and this vidoe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1uj336cm1g

The problem is caused by ASUS SONIC STUDIO motherboard sound software.....who would have thought...

Thanks to you guys for your thoughts...
    Could you explain what you did to solve the problem?

Did you disable the motherboard sound software?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Could you explain what you did to solve the problem?

Did you disable the motherboard sound software?
    Hi Buzzsaw,

The fix is an easy one. Simply go to the Windows 10 Desktop tray, right click on the Asus Sonic 2 Studio Suite and then click on Exit to close the Suite.

Thanks to trubsaw for pointing us to the phil style video which describes the issue in detail and then refers to Vlerkies video which shows the straightforward fix.

phil style's detailed issue description:

Vlerkies' fix:

I will include this problem + fix in the Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide per your request.

Cheers,

Snapper
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Aug-10-2021 at 11:07.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.06 GB

Unhappy Re: Graphics GUI Resolution Problem

I have the same problem with the GUI display. Pictures (rotating player plane and map) are distorted like in the original post in this thread. Most sliders are distorted and not usable when I try to adjust them (see attached pictures). The slider for the wear of the plane works, though. I also can't select an airfield in a multiplayer server.

I don't have the ASUS software installed. It's a Dell Alienware - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz - Installed RAM-32.0 GB) and GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Driver version: 511.17. Windows 10 home X64. Dell G-sync AW3420DW (3440 x 1440 120 Hz) monitor.

I've tried older versions of video drivers including one that works well with CLOD on another Dell computer with a GTX1080, and that driver did install, but didn't help. I've deleted the cache, tried all the full screen, pseudo and windowed options, restarted over and over, and nothing seems to solve it. I've attached pictures of the sliders I can't use. I've opened task manager and stopped most things that I was allowed to, but nothing helped. I wasn't allowed to end some Dell processes.

Everything works well (like the map) when I'm flying, and I have a good frame rate (capped at 120 in Nvidia control panel).

Does anyone have suggestions as to what might cause this problem on a Dell Alienware PC?

Thanks,

Charles

CloD1.jpgCloD2.jpg

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.06 GB

Re: Graphics GUI Resolution Problem - solved

Quote Originally Posted by drfever View Post
    I have the same problem with the GUI display. Pictures (rotating player plane and map) are distorted like in the original post in this thread. Most sliders are distorted and not usable when I try to adjust them (see attached pictures). The slider for the wear of the plane works, though. I also can't select an airfield in a multiplayer server.

I don't have the ASUS software installed. It's a Dell Alienware - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz - Installed RAM-32.0 GB) and GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Driver version: 511.17. Windows 10 home X64. Dell G-sync AW3420DW (3440 x 1440 120 Hz) monitor.

I've tried older versions of video drivers including one that works well with CLOD on another Dell computer with a GTX1080, and that driver did install, but didn't help. I've deleted the cache, tried all the full screen, pseudo and windowed options, restarted over and over, and nothing seems to solve it. I've attached pictures of the sliders I can't use. I've opened task manager and stopped most things that I was allowed to, but nothing helped. I wasn't allowed to end some Dell processes.

Everything works well (like the map) when I'm flying, and I have a good frame rate (capped at 120 in Nvidia control panel).

Does anyone have suggestions as to what might cause this problem on a Dell Alienware PC?

Thanks,

Charles

CloD1.jpgCloD2.jpg
    I used CCleaner to disable startup apps and services until I found the problem. It's also an audio service which is apparently automatically installed in Dell computers, since I didn't install it. I can't uninstall it, but it can be disabled. Nahimic Service (NahimicService.exe) is in my Windows\system32 folder. It can be prevented from starting by CCleaner, and can be disabled in "Services".

It apparently conflicts with NVidia drivers and might have been a part of the previously mentioned "Asus Sonic 2 Studio Suite", although I don't have it to check.

Here's a link to the NVidia site mentioning it:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...20Windows%2010

After Nahimic Service was disabled, all my graphics problems in CloD Blitz were gone. As you can see in the NVidia link, another solution is to add the game executable Launcher64.exe to the Nahimic blacklist. If you open the NVidia link, Skyrider's post describes how to do that. My BlackApps.dat file isn't where Skyrider's is, but since it's a Dell, it's a little different:

C:\ProgramData\A-Volute\DellInc.AlienwareSoundCenter\Modules\Schedu ledModules\Configurator\BlackApps.dat

That's the same location mentioned in AS400EADC's more recent post - just after Skyrider's.

I just added Launcher64.exe (and a few other games) to the file. When I restarted the Nahimic service, the graphics problems were gone. That's probably an easier way to solve the problem. The only issue is finding your BlackApps.dat file. Note: To edit this text file and save it, you have to edit it as an administrator.

I hope this can help someone else who has this problem with CloD Blitz.
    Last edited by drfever; Jan-13-2022 at 16:20. Reason: New information