Thread: dogfighting on two same owner computers possible?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

dogfighting on two same owner computers possible?

Good day to you all

Some time ago I had IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 on my two computers and thanks to the internet (LAN) it was possible to connect them. So my young nephew and I could enjoy in a bit of dogfighting.
    Now we would very much like to do the same with IL-2 CLOD.

I tried to make the connection by Local Server but no luck. In one computer under: Multiplayer- Local Server I filled in Name and Passport. Got all the missions (including BoB50) on the screen. Could select one and join in a mission as Red or Blue.
    But when I started CLOD on my laptop I got the message that CLOD was already running on my other computer and that streaming was an option.
    But that’s not what I want, I’m interested in the possibility of joining an action not of streaming it.

Don’t know if this kind of connection is possible but perhaps can somebody tell me more about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: dogfighting on two same owner computers possible?

Hi Barraclough,

Not with the same Steam account.
    If you own a second copy of the game on a separate steam account, you could login to that account on the other computer and it should work.

3. Likes danperin, major_setback liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    265.91 MB

[QUOTE=ATAG_Colander;375475]Hi Barraclough,

Not with the same Steam account.
    If you own a second copy of the game on a separate steam account, you could login to that account on the other computer and it should work.

I’m very pleased with your suggestions ATAG_Colander and I have a good mind to carry them out. But having another STEAM- account on a second computer is that something STEAM will approve off? When registrating can I use without hesitating the correct personal data such as: name, age, address, email address etc.

That’s what I would like to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Barraclough View Post
    [But having another STEAM- account on a second computer is that something STEAM will approve off? When registrating can I use without hesitating the correct personal data such as: name, age, address, email address etc.

That’s what I would like to know.
    Ermmm... I would not think it would be an issue but I guess that's a question for Steam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Yes it is ok to have multiple accounts.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faq...CDCE-FB5C-82B3

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Ermmm... I would not think it would be an issue but I guess that's a question for Steam.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

You can have multiple accounts and link them all on the same PC (or both in your case) through the family feature there. All games can be used by all accounts on the same computer then.

I have two, but just because I once registered a game to the wrong user name and it created a new one… bit still attached to my primary email.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52_J-HAT View Post
    You can have multiple accounts and link them all on the same PC (or both in your case) through the family feature there. All games can be used by all accounts on the same computer then.
    A shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time. That is why, if you are looking to play in two different computers at the same time you need two accounts and both accounts with their own game purchased.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Correct, Maru. But I am talking about the possibility when having two accounts with different games on the same computer and sharing them so the whole library is available.

Your point had already been answered
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

I'm sorry, I thought we were still talking about OP issue.