Thread: The new headshake behavior in Update 5.026

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

The new headshake behavior in Update 5.026

Here is a comparison between original headshake behavior and new headshake behavior of Update 5.026.

The new head roll behavior is now angular acceleration dependent instead of angular velocity dependent and this is more realistic.
    A pure roll comparison (Control inputs are displayed in the small square on the left):

A G effects comparison :

A pure yaw comparison (notice in the new, the small deviation at the rudder kick instant):

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Re: The new headshake behavior in Update 5.026

It definitely 'looks' right now!

Thanks

M

3. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Great job guys, it does feel much more realistic!

5. Likes ATAG_TCP, Marcost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Excellent, this is a great improvement

PS: After testing it, imho the G effect is a bit exaggerated. The cockpit moves up/down too much when pushing/pulling on the stick.
    Last edited by Karaya; Sep-10-2021 at 10:25. Reason: Added feedback after thorough testing

7. Likes ATAG_TCP, Marcost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Will these new gravity effects address the imbalance between the blackout limits for spitfire pilots Vs 109 pilots. apparently spitfire pilots blackout quicker then their opponents in 109s, thus negating the supposed ability of the Spitty (and Hurricane to outturn the 109), this is, I'm told because of the seating position in the different aircraft. Spitfire pilots in RL did apparently change the posture/position of their bodies to reduce the incidence of blackout , but this is not modelled in game.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

The blackout and redout aren't modified.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by OBT~Mikmak View Post
    The blackout and redout aren't modified.
    1) Is it possible to tone down the movement of the cockpit itself when pulling/pushing the stick?
    Now in 5.026 this seems far too pronounced.

2) Also the way the pilots head shifts up/down with G should be looked at. Pilots were normally strapped to their seats, otherwise they wouldnt be able to fly upside down so there shouldnt be much freedom of movement.
    I can see the pilot being pulled out of his seat a little bit when pushing the stick foward, however when pulling on the stick there shouldnt be much movement because pilots arent made of jelly.
    Try this: Sit straight on your chair, back against the backrest, now try to lower your head position without moving your pelvis. Pretty much impossible.

If both of these things would be toned down to maybe 50% of what they are right now then I think this would be perfect
    Last edited by Karaya; Sep-10-2021 at 18:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

First of all, I think overall the change was in a nice direction, congrats! I really appreciate that this game is becoming constantly better.

But I concur with Karaya, the head movement is too sensitive.

Check this video (it's unlisted), I completely lose the sight when making last second adjustments (still got the pilot though lol). Yes, it's very zoomed in, still it was a surprise to lose the sight there.

https://youtu.be/RfldSOMk1J8

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Pinguim; Sep-10-2021 at 19:01.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Yeah Karaya nailed it. I just played without even realizing there was a new patch and I thought my TrackIR was messed because my pilot kept getting crunched down in his seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteven View Post
    Yeah Karaya nailed it. I just played without even realizing there was a new patch and I thought my TrackIR was messed because my pilot kept getting crunched down in his seat.
    Same here, I did not notice any change until I got into a turning fight with a G50, I was in a Spit, and wondered what was wrong with the TrackIR vs the gunsight. I did not have time to reset the sight while in that fight, -- I could not get the sight onto target no mater how I moved my head up and down, forward and back. I am not sure if things are suppose to go back to normal when flying straight and level as I did not wait that long, but I think this setting needs a slight adjustment.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

And while we're at it:

Can the gun shake please also be toned down?
    Some aircraft like the Kittyhawk behave like washing machines in spin cycle when firing guns.
    Here too a reduction of 50% would be a good measure.

15. Likes Biggs, Pinguim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    And while we're at it:

Can the gun shake please also be toned down?
    Some aircraft like the Kittyhawk behave like washing machines in spin cycle when firing guns.
    Here too a reduction of 50% would be a good measure.
    I'd rather be able to land the Kitty a bit easier. It only ever slows down on the landingstrip when you reduce the prop pitch to zero, but if you do this the engine will shut down and you can't raise the flaps for rr. And when it finally gets slower at the very end of the runway it drops first one wing then the other often resulting in a perfectly unnecessary crash.

Sorry for derailing. Back to topic.