Thread: Very low rendering distance of buildings

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.24 MB

Very low rendering distance of buildings

I have small issue that rendering distance of buildings seems very low to me. I believe that earlier (couple of months ago) it was much better. No matter which option i choose in settings (near, far, very far) the buildings are rendered when i am really close to them. Is it "feature" or bug or am i doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated, because now terrain looks almost like from game from early 2000s. Towns are just flat textures, which renders from 1 km max. I hope that is not feature of new patch :-(

2. Likes Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Re: Very low rendering distance of buildings

Nothing has been changed in that respect since release (August'20). The distance is approx. 3.5km on the channel map, 5km on the Tobruk map. We're working on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

As Artist says, we will be introducing changes which will allow rendering at much greater ranges... at the option of players.

These changes will be introduced with the rest of the Visual Update package.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, aircraft spotting while playing at higher resolutions 1440 and up should be a priority. Gpu and monitor tech increases all the time, if the base programme/engine can't be developed to utilize these improvement in monitor and GPU tech ,I fear you may be flogging a dead horse.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dupxo View Post
    I have small issue that rendering distance of buildings seems very low to me. I believe that earlier (couple of months ago) it was much better. No matter which option i choose in settings (near, far, very far) the buildings are rendered when i am really close to them. Is it "feature" or bug or am i doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated, because now terrain looks almost like from game from early 2000s. Towns are just flat textures, which renders from 1 km max. I hope that is not feature of new patch :-(
    Some time ago I did some measurments of rendering distances in CloD Blitz.

Google translate link:https://theairtacticalassaultgroup-c...o=ajax,nv,elem

Original post link
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=29505
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube