Thread: New recruit, old recruit need help with IL-2 COD Blitz

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

New recruit, old recruit need help with IL-2 COD Blitz

Wasn't sure where to post, was referred to here by someone over at my favorite sim hideout SimHQ.
    So I ran this ages ago on a Win7 machine. I now have a Win 10 PC so I figured I would get back into it using Steam. Only problem is it doesn't fly so to speak.
    The menu's come up, but thats as far as it goes. Any flight and it immediately crashes back to the desktop.
    I did manage to get it to run for about 10 seconds ny using the Psuedo fullscreen mode, then again it crashed.
    My PC is as follows:
    Motherboard: MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus, BIOS: 7D07 VA2

VGA: NVidia GTX 1050Ti

PSU: Corsair RM750x

CPU: Intel? Core i5-11600K

MEM: 2x8GB, 3600MHz G.Skill Ripjaw F4-3600C16D-16GVK

HDD/SSD: Corsair MP600 PCIe Gen 4 M.2(OS on this), 1x Samsung Evo 850 1TB, Western Digital Blue WD2001FASS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Not sure what to do at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: New recruit, old recruit need help with IL-2 COD Blitz

Good to have you back!

Please check the 'Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide' that comes with the game.

I'm sure some of the technical 'Experten' will be around here soon to take care of your problem.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hi bsmooth,

That symptom is normally caused by some overlay (or any software messing with DirectX). For starters, try disabling the Steam overlay.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

I've had exactly this issue and the cause was the game resolution and monitor frequency vs these same settings for the desktop. If ATAG_Colander's overlay solution isn't the cause, make sure the game resolution is the same as your desktop. Or try some different resolutions in-game and see if it starts up. You haven't listed your monitor, but if it is capable of an overclocked frequency then try turning that off.

Regards,

M

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

After trying both suggestions and if still doesn‘t work, there a few more things you can try:

- Doing a Steam repair of the installation (select the game in the Steam library and right click it, should be there under Management or Properties, can’t recall)

- Deleting your 1C SoftClub/Cliffs of Dover folder (make sure you back up your .ini files in there before doing that) and launching the game. Steam will rebuild it. After testing if it works, put your .inis back in and see if it still works. Your .ini files hold your bindings, loadouts, info windows etc.

- Setting the game to Win7 compatibility (right click Launcher.exe under Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/CommonhCliffs of Dover - or a somewhat similar path - and selecting the Compatibility Tab, option for Compatibility and Win7 should be easily visible). - this is what solved my problem

Make sure you also disable Stram Cloud for the game.

Also, if you have NVidia Experience, try disabling that too for the game. Their overlay has caused me problems in the past.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all the responses. I disabled the Overlay, didn't seem to have any effect.Tried the Win 7 compatibility, still no luck.I also took a look at the manual and troubleshooting, but didn't see too much really.
    My screen Resolution is 1680x1050. I set the game to the same and tried both 59 and 60hz. I'm using the Training under the Take-off. I get to the plane its atrts up and the pilot says something, and then it just stops and goes back to the desktop. I just don't get it. I thought a newer PC with better components would run the sim better and easier.
    I've heard theres a log thats setup somewhere where I can review maybe why the sim is crashing, but I'm not sure where it is.
    Not sure about repair, but I did do a verify integrity of files check. Theres also something called Use Desktop Game theater while SteamVR is active and thats checked.