Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New recruit, old recruit need help with IL-2 COD Blitz

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

New recruit, old recruit need help with IL-2 COD Blitz

Wasn't sure where to post, was referred to here by someone over at my favorite sim hideout SimHQ.
    So I ran this ages ago on a Win7 machine. I now have a Win 10 PC so I figured I would get back into it using Steam. Only problem is it doesn't fly so to speak.
    The menu's come up, but thats as far as it goes. Any flight and it immediately crashes back to the desktop.
    I did manage to get it to run for about 10 seconds ny using the Psuedo fullscreen mode, then again it crashed.
    My PC is as follows:
    Motherboard: MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus, BIOS: 7D07 VA2

VGA: NVidia GTX 1050Ti

PSU: Corsair RM750x

CPU: Intel? Core i5-11600K

MEM: 2x8GB, 3600MHz G.Skill Ripjaw F4-3600C16D-16GVK

HDD/SSD: Corsair MP600 PCIe Gen 4 M.2(OS on this), 1x Samsung Evo 850 1TB, Western Digital Blue WD2001FASS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Not sure what to do at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: New recruit, old recruit need help with IL-2 COD Blitz

Good to have you back!

Please check the 'Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide' that comes with the game.

I'm sure some of the technical 'Experten' will be around here soon to take care of your problem.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hi bsmooth,

That symptom is normally caused by some overlay (or any software messing with DirectX). For starters, try disabling the Steam overlay.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

I've had exactly this issue and the cause was the game resolution and monitor frequency vs these same settings for the desktop. If ATAG_Colander's overlay solution isn't the cause, make sure the game resolution is the same as your desktop. Or try some different resolutions in-game and see if it starts up. You haven't listed your monitor, but if it is capable of an overclocked frequency then try turning that off.

Regards,

M

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

After trying both suggestions and if still doesn‘t work, there a few more things you can try:

- Doing a Steam repair of the installation (select the game in the Steam library and right click it, should be there under Management or Properties, can’t recall)

- Deleting your 1C SoftClub/Cliffs of Dover folder (make sure you back up your .ini files in there before doing that) and launching the game. Steam will rebuild it. After testing if it works, put your .inis back in and see if it still works. Your .ini files hold your bindings, loadouts, info windows etc.

- Setting the game to Win7 compatibility (right click Launcher.exe under Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/CommonhCliffs of Dover - or a somewhat similar path - and selecting the Compatibility Tab, option for Compatibility and Win7 should be easily visible). - this is what solved my problem

Make sure you also disable Stram Cloud for the game.

Also, if you have NVidia Experience, try disabling that too for the game. Their overlay has caused me problems in the past.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all the responses. I disabled the Overlay, didn't seem to have any effect.Tried the Win 7 compatibility, still no luck.I also took a look at the manual and troubleshooting, but didn't see too much really.
    My screen Resolution is 1680x1050. I set the game to the same and tried both 59 and 60hz. I'm using the Training under the Take-off. I get to the plane its atrts up and the pilot says something, and then it just stops and goes back to the desktop. I just don't get it. I thought a newer PC with better components would run the sim better and easier.
    I've heard theres a log thats setup somewhere where I can review maybe why the sim is crashing, but I'm not sure where it is.
    Not sure about repair, but I did do a verify integrity of files check. Theres also something called Use Desktop Game theater while SteamVR is active and thats checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

In video settings / screen resolution select pseudo mode instead of full screen mode
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Bummer. Sometimes it’s hit or miss. There is always one thing makes it not work, and our suggestions try to cover all we know or experienced ourselves…

Try Noofy’s suggestion.

Yeah, Steam repair and integrity check is the same thing.

Have you tried deleting the whole 1c SoftClub/Cliffs of Dover folder after saving the .ini files therein somewhere else? After deleting the folder, launch the game. It will be rebuilt and Steam will put default settings in there.
    Make sure your Steam Cloud for CloD is off before doing that.

If after trying it all it is still crashing mid game, it‘s got to be some specific setting or something with the mission (not as common).
    Does it work ok in other missions?
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tried Pseudo and it works only for maybe 10 seconds, then crash. Even tried Windowed at 1024x768 and still it only gets to certain point and then crashes. It also says something in training about being on the red side.
    Something it doesn't like, just wish I knew what it was..
    Is there some kind of event log in Steam, that would tell me what it is?

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
    I've heard theres a log thats setup somewhere where I can review maybe why the sim is crashing, but I'm not sure where it is.
    Hi bsmooth,

the log file should be located in the Cliffs of Dover folder in your Documents folder.
    Usually, it is here - "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover".
    Look for a file called log.txt or a similar name.

If you don't find any such file, look inside your conf.ini and check the [Console] section there.
    There should be a parameter LOG=1 in this section.
    If you have LOG=0 here, change it to LOG=1.
    When you start the game next time, the log file should be created.
    You can set the logfile name in parameter LOGFILE=log.txt.

Josef

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

There isn't something that has to be loaded first for this is there ? Does the original IL-2 have to be loaded first maybe. I have IL-2 1946 and that runs fine. I also shut off my Virus protection too before I did the download again. I'm a huge Battle of Britain fan so this is a bit of a disappointment to say the least.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I did find this in the Steam Install script log:
    [2021-09-13 15:33:12] [AppID 754530] Failed to load installscript "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\installscript. vdf"

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

There isn't something that has to be loaded first for this is there ? Does the original IL-2 have to be loaded first maybe. I have IL-2 1946 and that runs fine. I also shut off my Virus protection too before I did the download again. I'm a huge Battle of Britain fan so this is a bit of a disappointment to say the least.
    Blitz is a standalone game. You don't need anything else to be able to run it.

[2021-09-13 15:33:12] [AppID 754530] Failed to load installscript "F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\installscript. vdf"
    I think this is probably not a problem. It looks like an installation of some old version of DirectX. But I'm just guessing so I may be wrong.

Josef
    Last edited by Josef; Sep-13-2021 at 17:38.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    567.59 MB

Hi, Try reinstalling the DirectX located in the cliffs of dover program files, path should look like this if your game is on c drive:

this pc > local disk > Program files x86 > steam > steamapps >common > il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover blitz > commonredist > DirectX > june10 , scroll down and run the DXSETUP

also reinstall the latest .NET Framework.

I would also try uninstalling and clean reinstall your latest graphics driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Can you check your conf.ini file located in C:\Users\yourUserName\Documents\1C SoftClub

In the console section you should have these lines.

[Console]
    LOG=1
    LOGFILE=log.txt

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes I did check, and those lines are correct. How do I install the latest .NET Framework ? I did run the DXSETUP as well. Still doesn't work though.
    Last edited by bsmooth; Sep-13-2021 at 21:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Maybe having your steamlibrary on "F" is the problem. Have you tried installing Clod Blitz/Tobruk on your "C" disc?
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Here's where to get the latest .NET:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

If you actually get to see the aircraft then it crashes, it's not the same problem as I had with screen resolution

In the absence of a definitive diagnosis, I'll spam you with a few other things you might want to try:

Try moving your conf.ini out of the 1C folder - cut & paste it somewhere safe. The game will build a new one when it starts.

Try deleting the cache folder as well (backup first if you are nervous about this!). The game will build a new one.

Is your GPU (or CPU) overclocked? If so, maybe try turning that off.

try starting the game without your USB controllers attached.

+1 on making sure the Graphics drivers are up to date for your card. If you want to make a clean install, use DDU to clean out the old drivers:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

I'm assuming you are not using Reshade. if you are, remove or disable it.

Do you get any sound? Maybe it's sound-related if it crashes when the pilot speaks. Do you have more than one sound device installed? Has Nvidia installed the sound drivers with the graphics driver? If so, uninstall this.

Probably the most important thing though is to get sight of your log file.

Like all things PC, I've found there is nearly always a solution. Think of it as a journey and don't give up!

Regards,

M

19. Likes Silent135 liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Could it be because its trying to connect to a server? I only say that as it keeps saying I'm on the Red Team. If so how do I stop it trying to connect to a server ? I tried taking out the conf.ini, but the game wouldn't load at all. Which Conf.ini, the one in Documents or the one in my regular Steam file ?
    I just installed the drivers. I'm using drivers 456.71 CPU or GPU not overclocked. Tried starting game without controller, still didn't work.
    Now is this my log file in C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\
    ------------ BEGIN log session [2021-09-14 13:28:57] -------------
    [13:28:59] INI: HotKey 'Joystick2+Key0' is unknown
    [13:28:59] INI: HotKey 'Joystick+Key0' is unknown
    [13:29:25] Loading mission $bob/mission/training/training02.mis ...
    [13:29:26] Load landscape...
    [13:29:28] Load bridges
    [13:29:28] LongBridge: wrong width. (BRIDGE_RAIL_SMALL)
    [13:29:28] Load static objects...
    [13:29:29] Spawn.get( Vehicle.custom_chief56 ) NOT FOUND
    [13:29:29] Mission: ActorSpawn for 'Stationary.Airfield.90_cm_SearchLight_UK1' not found
    [13:29:29] Mission: ActorSpawn for 'Stationary.Airfield.90_cm_SearchLight_UK1' not found
    [13:29:30] Server: bruced530 will fly for the Red forces.
    [13:29:30] Mission loaded. time = 4.911
    [13:29:30] Battle starting...

So it is logging in to a server, maybe thats the problem ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

No, it says server in single player - it doesn't mean it's online.

I just loaded that mission and my error log is the same as yours, with the exception of the first two lines regarding the INI: Hotkey. Are you using vJoy or any keymappers?

The conf.ini to remove is in Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover. You can also remove confs.ini in the same way, but I don't know if that will make any difference either. I've never messed with the files in the Steam root folder.

In fact, you can remove the whole Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder and the game will re-create a fresh one. Might be worth a try.

Regards

M

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    567.59 MB

I just had a driver search for the Nvidia gtx 1050ti and this is the most recent one: 471.96 download here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driv...x/180225/en-us

remove your older 456.71 driver using DDU as recommended by Marcost and install the latest 471.96.

Try running at your monitors native resolution and hz with ingame settings the same.
    Last edited by Silent135; Sep-14-2021 at 16:09.

23. Likes Marcost liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What settings do you use for DDU, there are a lot of options.
    Also I tried to do it NOT in safe mode, but it wouldn't let me. Can you still use it without going into safe mode ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Could it be because its trying to connect to a server? I only say that as it keeps saying I'm on the Red Team. If so how do I stop it trying to connect to a server ?
    When a single player mission is created the mission builder picks the aircraft that the player will appear in when the battle starts. In this case it is an allied aircraft so the log file says you are joining the Red team. You can press the custom button and choose any aircraft in the mission if you want.

Have you tried one of the Quick Missions? Maybe a free flight one where you are the only thing in the air.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Here's Conf.ini
    BOB]
    EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
    DepthBits =24
    StencilBits=8
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0
    Render=D3D11
    width=1680
    height=1050
    posLeft=0
    posTop=0
    ColourBits=32
    FullScreen=1
    ChangeScreenRes=2
    Frequency=60
    StereoMode=0

[NET]
    speed=1000000
    localPort=27015
    serverName=My Server
    serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
    serverInfo1=
    serverInfo2=
    serverInfo3=
    serverInfo4=
    VAC=1
    maxPlayers=255
    socksEnable=0
    socksHost=
    socksPort=1080
    socksUser=
    socksPwd=

[Console]
    IP=20001
    UseStartLog=1
    WRAP=1
    PAUSE=1
    HISTORY=1024
    HISTORYCMD=1024
    PAGE=20
    LOG=1
    LOGTIME=1
    LOAD=console.cmd
    SAVE=console.cmd
    LOGFILE=log.txt
    LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
    mouseUse=2
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
    joyUse=1
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
    trackIRUse=1
    ; avoids the dreaded serialization runtime error when running server
    ; per http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34797
    scriptAppDomain=0

[rts_mouse]
    SensitivityX=1.0
    SensitivityY=1.0
    SensitivityZ=1.0
    Invert=0
    SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
    FF=1

[core]
    AntiAlias=0
    Clouds=1
    CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
    CordEffect=1
    Decals=1
    DiffuseLight=2
    DrawCollisions=1
    DynamicalLights=1
    EffFlags.Light=1
    EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
    EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
    EffFlags.SWLight=0
    EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
    Effects=1
    ExtendedClouds=0
    FXAA.Quality=2
    Forest=2
    Grass=-1
    LandDetails=1
    LandGeom=2
    LandShading=1
    LinearObjectManager=1
    MSAA=0
    MegaTexture=0
    MeshFirstLod=0
    MeshShowLod=0
    MeshStatics=1
    MeshStaticsDetail=2
    RandSeed = 0
    RenderTargetQual=3
    Roads=1
    SMAA.EdgeDetection=1
    SMAA.Preset=1
    ShadowMapSize=5
    Shadows=0
    SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
    SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
    SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
    SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
    Sky=3
    SpawnHumans=0
    SpecularLight=2
    StaticsShadows=0
    Sun=1
    TerrainTextureSize=1
    Tessellation=0
    TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
    TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
    TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
    TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
    TexFlags.Reflection=0
    TexFlags.SSAO=0
    TexFlags.ShowStats=0
    TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
    TexFlags.VSync=0
    TexLarge=2
    TexQual=1
    UseFog=0
    UseLandConnectedObject=1
    UseLandCube=1
    VisDistActorStatics=1
    VisibilityDistance=3
    Water=-1

[sound]
    SoundUse=1
    DebugSound=0
    SoundEngine=1
    Speakers=1
    Placement=0
    SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
    RadioFlags.Enabled=1
    RadioEngine=2
    MusicVolume=14
    ObjectVolume=7
    MusState.takeoff=1
    MusState.inflight=1
    MusState.crash=1
    MusFlags.play=1
    MasterVolume=14
    Attenuation=7
    SoundMode=0
    SamplingRate=0
    NumChannels=2
    SoundExt.occlusions=1
    SoundFlags.hardware=1
    SoundFlags.streams=1
    SoundFlags.duplex=1
    SoundExt.acoustics=1
    SoundExt.volumefx=1
    SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
    SoundFlags.static=1
    VoiceVolume=8
    Channels=1
    SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
    SoundExt.extrender=0
    SoundSetupId=8
    ActivationLevel=0.02
    Preemphasis=0.8
    RadioLatency=0.5
    AGC=1
    PTTMode=1
    RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
    RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
    ActLevel=9
    MicLevel=10
    SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
    SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
    SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
    speakers=1
    vgMaster=15
    vgMusic=4
    vgVoice=5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    567.59 MB

in ddu options make sure all nvidia specific options are ticked, and leave the rest as is and close options.

on the right side select device type then GPU then Nvidia. hit clean and restart. its better to run from safe mode but should work without.

restart then install new driver that you downloaded.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I reloaded with no virus protection. Game ran for almost 20 seconds in training mode during landing, however I have no control over the aircraft at all. I can use the Joystick Wizard and set up everything, but it still doesn't have any control. It does see the controller in the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

bsmooth, I second Oskar's suggestion to try a quick mission when you are already flying, such as "Free Flight - Channel". There's less going on in that mission than a tutorial. Also the instructor is going to get you killed! If you haven't tried this yet try the mission without a head tracker (Track IR or Opentrack). Good luck.
    Last edited by Dawson; Sep-14-2021 at 23:50.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    567.59 MB

Here's a good video of how to set up your joystick from the ingame controls options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mwHO4Kfkw8&t=8s

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well I now have new video drivers and the controls work in the menu's. I tried a quick mission. Now I know what a quick mission is, it lasted all of maybe 5-10 seconds. So the game works, just not long enough to play it . Must have something to do with the launcher I guess, that just doesn't like my machine.

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

bsmooth,

have you tried running Launche64.exe in the Administrator mode? Or as administrator and together with Win7 compatibility?

What happens when you start a mission? It runs for some time then the game crashes?
    Is any error message shown? In Windows or in the game log file?

Josef

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast