Thread: Are players without Tobruk able to join Channel map made with a Tobruk install ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Are players without Tobruk able to join Channel map made with a Tobruk install ?

I'm sure this has come up b4 but my search skills are lacking.
    So I have made a Channel map with my Blitz/Tobruk install and was under the impression that players with Blitz 5.0 but not with the Tobruk DLC could still play on a Channel map even tho made in a Blitz/Tobruk install. They just wouldn't have access to any Tobruk inventory that is made available by the mission builder.
    Was trying to get a new player from NZ who doesn't have Tobruk to join my Channel map but he was getting an error message about needing Tobruk.
    He could join the ATAG Channel map server however.
    So is it the case that players will need Tobruk to play in Channel map servers made in and hosted by an install that has Tobruk ?
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Are players without Tobruk able to join Channel map made with a Tobruk install ?

In theory, as soon as you add any Tobruk object, the player will need Tobruk to join.
    So, is not that they will join and not see the Tobruk objects. It is that they will not be able to join at all.

3. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Re: Are players without Tobruk able to join Channel map made with a Tobruk install ?

You will get a missing parts error message when trying to join without having Tobruk. Objects from DWT need to be removed from the mission and the entry in the mission file that adds the Tobruk parts needs to be deleted. This is when making the mission with all assets and reverting back. May also be the case (can‘t recall if it was a one off or not) when you create a mission from a DWT install, even without having added any assets from DWT.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

5. Likes ATAG_Torian, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

From the Mission Builder's Manual:

Important notice on DLCs: A mission you create automatically requires all the DLCs you have installed. That means that any player that wants to play your mission (both multiplayer and singleplayer) also needs to have these DLCs installed.
    If you want to create a mission that requires only specific DLC (or none) you need to disable all the non-required DLCs.

There used to be an option in the FMB for this, but that is badly broken. So for now, to disable a DLC you need to rename the folder of that DLC in the<game-install-folder>\parts before you start the game. E.g. to disable DLC Tobruk, rename "<game-install-folder>\parts\tobruk" to "<game-install-folder>\parts\tobruk.x".

Then build the mission.

7. Likes ATAG_Torian, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

If YOU have Tobruk every mission you save in the FMB, even when no DWT content is included in the mission, starts like this:

[PARTS]
    core.100
    bob.100
    tobruk.100

You must delete the line " tobruk.100" and re-save the text file before a user who doesn't have Tobruk can join.

You can start the game without the Tobruk content, simply by obscuring the folder name in Steam:

Starting the game again you cannot even see any missions with the line " tobruk.100", and when you are in the FMB you don't get the Tobruk content offered in the Object Browser etc and any mission saved is guaranteed playable by a user with only CloD.

Don't forget to re-activate your Tobruk folder when you finish!

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Thx guys. Will try the work around or better still, give a really good sales pitch for Tobruk
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

10. Likes major_setback, Bonditaria, danperin liked this post