Thread: Cyborg Evo: Some help needed for some buttons

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cyborg Evo: Some help needed for some buttons

I found my old Cyborg Evo joystick. My grandson wants to use it.

I was never an expert, but he has worked things out for himself, by pressing every button.

He can't figure out what the "trigger" at the top does. On my stick, it doesn't seem to move. Any advice?

In addition, there are many tiny buttons at the top of the stick. The only button that works is for the aspect control - inside and outside. So any advice on these buttons would be useful.

I googled for a user manual, but the only hit was for an installation manual (they call it a User Manual). If anyone has a link to a User Manual, that would be good.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Cyborg Evo: Some help needed for some buttons

This?

41GlaomDsUL._AC_.jpg

Saitek Cyborg EVO.

has

Trigger - in front top of grip > use for fire main weapons, e.g. machine guns.

POV HAT - use for control camera view inside and outside of cockpit, for overcome the obsolete fixed views system of CloD use JoyTokey for emulate mouse camera control (see topics there).

Around POV HAT you have 5 buttons, use then for:

- Center view

- Zoom in/out analog or fixed steeps, for default in Delete, End, Page Down keys.

- Left button reserve for fire cannons in some planes (e.g. Bf 109, BF 110).

Base buttons (4) use for auxiliary controls like propeller pitch, radiator controls - leave things of few use like landing gear and flaps in keyboard keys, or use JoyToKey for shift/profile function and double buttons usage.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

From the passage “by pressing every button” I assume he hasn’t mapped anything himself yet? So, testing what may be bound by default to buttons 1, 2 etc?

If this is the case, I would strongly suggest he goes into Options -> Controls and bind the four axis (pitch, roll, yaw, rudder twist and throttle) and the the buttons following what Sokol said.

There is also the Joystick Wizard that leads you through all of that. It can be found in the game directory. Make sure he doesn’t have CloD running if he uses it, since it saves all the settings to the same file the game would be using and it wouldn’t work.

I have used a Cyborg Evo in the past, but never for CloD. Bought it around 2004/5 or so. Liked it a lot and still have it. Just haven’t used it in a looong while.
    Last edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT; Sep-25-2021 at 13:53.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@1lokos

Excellent. I now know more than I knew 15 years ago.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

To map the joystick in Cliffs in a easy way, you can use the wizzard that is provided with the game.