Thread: Loiter command for waypoints?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Loiter command for waypoints?

Hi all, I have been tooling around with the FMB to get a few SP missions underway. I am new to CLoD, but have extensive experience with IL21946 over the years, so the basics of the FMB are familiar.... not started looking at coding etc yet though. Thats another kettle of fish entirely lol.

I was wondering if there is a way to make aircraft loiter/patrol at a particular waypoint?

Example: I have 2 opposing armies set to meet at 3000m and 300kph. The waypoints where they meet are close together and both set to 'engage aircraft'. Both flights have been targeted to each other. if I am late to the waypoint because of long taxi, dodgy take off or circuit to form up wingmen, then the engagement doesnt take place and I either chase the seemingly unaware enemy back to their base, or return home with gunports still covered. I know I can adjust the enemy takeoff time to compensate, or possibly add a trigger to spawn an enemy flight when I am near, but this all seems fiddley when a simple loiter or patrol command for x minutes would do the same.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Loiter command for waypoints?

See this Mission Builder's manual:

https://artist.onlyoffice.eu/Product..._IjY1NDI5OTQi0

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks 1lokos, it didnt really seem relevant to the waypoint commands question... might come in handy further down the track though.

Guess Ill just keep playing around and see what I can come up with

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

You may have seen there is now a "loiter" command added to FMB, in one of the recent releases. I haven't experimented with it.

For the situation you are describing I would probably just put a few "free hunt" or "attack fighters" waypoints in that area and let it fly back and forth between them for a given amount of time?
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

This was added to provide a simple timed looping behavior. The mission builder defines a begin loiter waypoint and an end loiter waypoint with a time parameter. The airgroup will follow it's path, skipping back to the begin loiter waypoint when reaching the end loiter waypoint if the time is not up. When the time expires the airgroup flies to the loiter end waypoint then follows the remaining path.

Multiple loops can be defined in a path. If the mission builder creates impossible situations, ie. loiter end before any loiter begin, no time set, etc., these will be ignored.