Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Wings - Tobruk: Update 5.027

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Wings - Tobruk: Update 5.027

Greetings pilots! A new update is available on STEAM:

*** New free campaign "Their Finest Hour" added to Blitz. [Cybermat47]

*** Improved far target visibility for screen resolutions of 2560x1440, 4k, and beyond [Artist]
    Also see: Contact Spotting

*** Fixed: Shaking aircraft ForceFeedback effects resulting from firing cannons are not added on top of cannon's own ForceFeedback effects anymore. [Artist]
    https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/761

*** New option to toggle all ingame info windows on/off (Options, Control, Chat) [Artist]
    https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/1271
    This will hide or show all the info windows that you have configured (also hide the Net Stats if shown). Note 1: If you have used this to hide all windows and then use Send Message, Toggle Net Stats or Flash Net Stats, this will unhide all windows, too. Note 2: The current status will be remembered until you exit the game, but not beyond.

*** A barrage balloon at Dover that caused crashes has been removed from the single missions A Busy Morning, Attack of the Eagles, Attack of the Kiwi, August Attrition, Corpo Aereo Italiano, and The Kanalkampf. [Cybermat47]
    Please note that when Single Missions are updated by TFS it is not automatic that you will see the updated missions in your game immediately. This is because TFS will *never* delete any files that are in your "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder! To get the updated Single Missions you must delete the existing missions in "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single" while the game is not running. Next time you start the game the updated Single Missions will be copied from the game's installation folder (...\Steam\steamapps\...) into "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single" where you can play them.

*** Fixed: Mirror does not retain already subsided vibration/shake (when Difficulty "Head Shake" is disabled) anymore. [Artist]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Wings - Tobruk: Update 5.027

visibility is now great, 1440p but, if you don't zoom, planes looks like a weird version of arkanoid game, you can't tell what they are doing =s

if you roll the shape of the planes changes from flat to plus sign

https://freeimage.host/i/RmkcV2

and ffb feels weak, notice that hurricane looses ffb if you are in negative g and shooting
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lorena; Sep-30-2021 at 11:47.
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Not sure if this a bug or not, but toggle infowindows button not working when mouse cursor hidden by "toggle independent mode"(camera section) action. By the way "send message" button also not working in this mode (and it always was all the time since I started playing Cliffs 4.312).

Maybe buttons that should interact with infowindows should "toggle independent mode" (camera section)?
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    Not sure if this a bug or not, but toggle infowindows button not working when mouse cursor hidden by "toggle independent mode"(camera section) action. By the way "send message" button also not working in this mode (and it always was all the time since I started playing Cliffs 4.312).
    Maybe buttons that should interact with infowindows should "toggle independent mode" (camera section)?
    Yes, the new "Toggle Info Windows" hotkey - just like the old "Send Message" hotkey - does not trigger when the mouse is switched to control the view ("Toggle Independent Mode"). To change that is another story for another time.

5. Likes Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    visibility is now great, 1440p but, if you don't zoom, planes looks like a weird version of arkanoid game, you can't tell what they are doing =s
    if you roll the shape of the planes changes from flat to plus sign
    It was always thus - but now having increased visibility, that effect is more noticeable...

Question: That screenshot, single player or multiplayer, if the latter which server. In both cases, activate console and type the mp_dotrange command, post the values here.
    (detailed instructions in the linked Contact Spotting, just use mp_dotrange with out any parameters)

and ffb feels weak, notice that hurricane looses ffb if you are in negative g and shooting
    There were no additional changes beyond removing autocannon's shake from the total force feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Nice job can't wait to check the new dots visibility and options. Keep up the good work!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Danm, improved spotting at higher resolutions, what am I going to moan about now...don't worry I'll think of something

Thanks TFS
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    It was always thus - but now having increased visibility, that effect is more noticeable...

Question: That screenshot, single player or multiplayer, if the latter which server. In both cases, activate console and type the mp_dotrange command, post the values here.
    (detailed instructions in the linked Contact Spotting, just use mp_dotrange with out any parameters)
    I just flew on TWC server and could spot contacts flying over England all the way from France. Pretty sure that that is not intended.
    Flying on 1080p here still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Artist thanks for the work on the force feedback. I appreciate the time you spent on it. It's great to fire my cannons without my controller moving across the desk.

11. Likes Artist, ATAG_Snapper, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

There were no additional changes beyond removing autocannon's shake from the total force feedback
    quick mission, bomber intercept
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

13. Likes Artist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    I just flew on TWC server and could spot contacts flying over England all the way from France. Pretty sure that that is not intended.
    Flying on 1080p here still.
    TWC server has a configured dotrange of 25 km both for friendly and foe - I do not know what exactly "all the way from france" means.
    TWC-dotrange.jpg

This is from the Contact Spotting - 1920x1080 - I have trouble seeing the last three at 14 km, 15 km, and 16 km
    path27-spitfires-01-16-1920x1080.jpg

Use the Contact Spotting and post a screenshot here
    Last edited by Artist; Sep-30-2021 at 15:55.

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Artist thanks for the work on the force feedback. I appreciate the time you spent on it. It's great to fire my cannons without my controller moving across the desk.
    Thanks for your patience and help in this, too!

17. Likes Dawson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

TWC server has a configured dotrange of 25 km both for friendly and foe - I do not know what exactly "all the way from france" means.
    TWC-dotrange.jpg

This is from the Contact Spotting - 1920x1080 - I have trouble seeing the last three at 14 km, 15 km, and 16 km
    path27-spitfires-01-16-1920x1080.jpg

Use the Contact Spotting and post a screenshot here
    I have used the contact spotting mission many times before and prior to this patch could spot contacts out to ~13-14km. These contacts on TWC were much much further out than that.
    I took off a Zutkerque and could see several formations over mainland England right away. Initially thought they were some sort of flying ship anomalies but then quickly noticed they were moving.
    I did not fly over to England to check them out but I could basically see any aircraft flying over SE England right there.
    Will post a video shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

"New option to toggle all ingame info windows on/off (Options, Control, Chat)"

You guys have no idea how much I love this. Makes movie making SO much better! It's such a small change but the impact is incredible. Amazing work TFS.

20. Likes Artist, danperin, Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

just flew on TWC 113 server at 2560 x 1440, great to see some work being done on spotting. I think the improvement in spotting could be rolled back about 50%. as much as it pains me to say it, spotting at the current setting is too easy and screen looks cluttered with contacts. I am really happy to know that improvements in spotting ae possible, Keep up the good work.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

22. Likes Karaya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Here's a screenshot from the Contact Spotting mission using the instructions and dotrange provided in the briefing.

Launcher64 2021-09-30 23-17-59.jpg

I also used to have troubles seeing the last 1-2, with the latest patch all of them are perfectly visible.
    Try disabling anti-aliasing ingame, all of the available options tend to blur out contacts at long range. That might be why you cant see them, not the contact visibility itself.

Also here's the video from today on TWC (unlisted)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    I have used the contact spotting mission many times
    No, you don't have. You may have used DUI's many times. But the one linked in the Update post is another one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

@Karaya: it is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    just flew on TWC 113 server at 2560 x 1440, great to see some work being done on spotting. I think the improvement in spotting could be rolled back about 50%. as much as it pains me to say it, spotting at the current setting is too easy and screen looks cluttered with contacts. I am really happy to know that improvements in spotting ae possible, Keep up the good work.
    Here's the misunderstanding: I do not deny there's a change. But it's now the server's administrators choice or the single player's choice (console, rcu file)

The TWC Server is configured with a dot range of 25km (see image previous post) and so aircraft within that range show as dots.

If that's too much, the TWC server's administrator can reduce the mp_dotrange to what ever he thinks fit.

Default of the game (multi and single) is, by the way, 14 km.

Examples:
    Spits@01km -16km, mpdotrange: 25000
    Spits@01-16_mpdotrange25000_1920x1080.jpg

Spits@5km and 12 km - 26 km mpdotrange 25000 - Spits at 25 and 26 not visible anymore
    Spits@12-26_mpdotrange25000_1920x1080.jpg

Spits@01km -16km, mpdotrange: 10000 - Spits beyond 6km not visble (dots blur out towards then limit)
    Spits@01-16_mpdotrange10000_1920x1080.jpg

26. Likes Maru, rontaila, DerDa, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Ok, that sort of explains then. So server admins now have to adjust the dotranges accordingly.

I do still wonder about the dotrange in the video though because the distance to the visible contacts seems a lot higher than 25km.
    The distance from Calais (I was a fair bit south of Calais in the video) to Dover is ~40km and I could see all of these contacts that look like they were flying over the English coast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Hi there.

Afraid those contact's is ships Karaya.
    Was in that great TWC server yesterday, and we could see ships
    "hundreds" of miles away. (All of them I would guess)
    The further away, the higher they were.

Built a offline miss with ships, and I could spot them from 200km..
    MayB dotrange on ships is adjustable

Contact spotting a/c on high res. is just GREAT now !-) THANKS Artist!
    -did a test in that miss. 15 out of 16 (2560 x 1440)

Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

29. Likes Karaya, rontaila, DUI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

Same here, the fix dots over the horizon are ships seen from very long range (> 60 Km).

The aircraft dots are perfect (1920 x 1200).

31. Likes ATAG_Jeepy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Jeepy View Post
    Afraid those contact's is ships Karaya.
    Was in that great TWC server yesterday, and we could see ships
    "hundreds" of miles away. (All of them I would guess)
    The further away, the higher they were.
    Crap. I mean, I was working on aircraft dots. Ships had no say in this. I just hate side effects. Will be looking at this now.

Built a offline miss with ships, and I could spot them from 200km..
    MayB dotrange on ships is adjustable
    Can I have that mission, please?

33. Likes 9./JG52_J-HAT, Ceaser87 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Crap. I mean, I was working on aircraft dots. Ships had no say in this. I just hate side effects. Will be looking at this now.
    Weren't ships anyway supposed to be more visible in upcoming TF patches or are they intended to be visbible through a much better method?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Can I have that mission, please?
    chk PM Artist.
    Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

36. Likes Artist liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

It seems to me the ships are visible from beyond the horizon. Through the mist. So they look as if they were floating.
    Is CloD’s map flat and the horizon hidden by the mist? Looks like it.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

38. Likes ATAG_Jeepy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.46 MB

Aircraft dots perfect here in UHD 28" (16 out of 16 visible).

My settings: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post375622

Only thing I changed is Antialiasing to "SMAA"/"LUMA"/"ULTRA" with no affect to visibility.

Edit: Screenshot added, but the .bmp-file is a lot blurrier than the original screen. The .jpg@<1MB is even worse...
    Last edited by FG28_matkenhaus; Oct-01-2021 at 07:58.
    Greetings
    matkenhauser

40. Likes ATAG_Jeepy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FG28_matkenhaus View Post
    Aircraft dots perfect here in UHD 28" (16 out of 16 visible).

My settings: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post375622

Only thing I changed is Antialiasing to "SMAA"/"LUMA"/"ULTRA" with no affect to visibility.
    dang.. Back to Specksavers, again..

42. Likes FG28_matkenhaus, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.46 MB

Screen using the "Print"-Button is better (not that blurry, quite what I see ingame):
    Greetings
    matkenhauser

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    207.95 MB

I could spot English shipping in the Thames estuary from Calais on the TWC server yesterday.

Aircraft spotting looks fine for me in Contact spotting 5.5 with the new version (13 from 16 contacts).

Last edited by Twin; Oct-01-2021 at 08:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52_J-HAT View Post
    Is CloD’s map flat [...]
    No, just the other way round (pun intended): The map does follow earth' curvature, the target dots do not. I'll explain later in detail.

Again, this is something that has always been there, but is now more evident on servers with maximum mp_dotrange.

And ... I do not need more reports on incidents of ships seen from far, ok? I'm already working on it.
    :-))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast