Thread: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Hi All,

I have a set of the pedals in the subject and the centering is terrible, and inconsistent. I have to manually ensure that they are centered by playing around with them. They have the detent mod, which honestly made no appreciable difference to them, they just feel sloppy. Has anyone addressed this issue at all in these pedals?

I would like to get this sorted, I am over 60% of the way through printing my own set of Authentikit flight controls and it would be nice not to have these dragging me down. Long term I am eyeing off Thrustmaster TPR's or Crosswind but there is a home purchase in the way so I am trying to get out of this as cheaply as possible. That said best of the low end market might come in handy in case I can't make appreciable improvements to my current pedals.

Regards,

mop

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

Hi Mop,

You can play with the dead zone in the game configuration. This way more of the center will be 0 which will help you avoid issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The "detent mod" - remove the stop that center the pedals; is good for helicopter flight, but for conventional planes made things more difficult, since the center position became very "loose".

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Yeah, had the same problem with it out of the box. Deadzone in the drivers fixed it.

I ended up opening the pedals and discovered it uses a large gear to move the potentiometer from your actual pedal movements. So naturally you end up with a physical deadzone when the gear teeth settle into the groove of the actual pot gear.

And here’s a thread on the DCS forums in case you want to mod the pedals like Sokol mentioned:
    https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/60486-...udder-paddles/
    Last edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT; Oct-02-2021 at 15:03.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will set the dead zone and see how I go. Printing the final mounting pieces for my control column so I can test tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

After many years, my centering spring broke. I replaced it with a generic spring from a hardware store and quite accidentally found the centering much improved. Perhaps you can replace your spring as well?
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.