Thread: New to this forum and trying out IL2 COD

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    359.83 MB

New to this forum and trying out IL2 COD

Hi all,

New to this forum and trying to find out if IL2 COD would be a good match to replace my old IL2 1946 server.
    Playing IL2 1946 every Friday with friends has been a lot of fun for over many years. Bought IL2 COD on steam a few months ago to give it a try building a test server. Searching for skins, mission files and tools at the moment.
    This forum seem to have a lot of information to get known the others in the IL2 series and its features.
    Let's see if I can convince my friends

Cheers,
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: New to this forum and trying out IL2 COD

Hello Ray and welcome to the forum.
    Ol' 46 is a great sim and still has a good following after more than 20 years.
    Hard to match the sheer range of aircraft, ships and miscellaneous objects as well as the mods and Theatres of Operation.
    Cliff of Dover and Tobruk is graphically a more advanced sim as well as having superb flight and damage modelling but are period sims modelling The Channel and North Africa up to 1942
    The level that some have achieved with scripting is astounding which is another great feature of the sim.
    TWC host a great ongoing campaign if u want a ready made experience in organised, objective based, open air war.
    Hope u find something to your liking, and the forum has a lot of helpful stuff to assist the journey.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.