Thread: I'm back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.18 MB

I'm back!

So after a long break due to working remotely with essentially mobile 3g internet for six years, and now a ten year old desktop system that would struggle to play CLOD.

I am awaiting the arrival of a new gaming laptop sporting a Ryzen 9 5900HX CPU and an RTX 6800m 12GB GPU with 16gb of 3200Mhz ram, will upgrade to 32GB dual channel 3200Mhz.

Now that we are back in civilization on the south coast of NSW in Australia, we have access to great internet and will upgrade to at least 100Mbs.

Looking forward to some fun times with old mates on the servers most of all. And secondly to seeing all the changes with desert campaign and enjoy the fruits of Team Fusions hard labour of pure love!

Here's to winging back up with some old mates and seeing others in my sights .

Looking forward to saying g'day to you all old and new!

Cheers Nudge

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: I'm back!

Welcome back to the civilization!

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Welcome back!
    Everything I've read says you are going to be disappointed with the performance of a mobile GPU.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hiya Nudgee,
    We'll have to delete that memorial service we held for ya. All those nice things that were said...all untrue but hey, we thought u was done.
    South coast eh, nice part of Oz there m8. Glad they got better carrier pidgeons too.
    We should do an Aussie nite some time. Keep out all that Euro trash & North American rednecks and do some civilized stuff
    Great to see online again.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

6. Likes ATAG_Nudge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.18 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    Welcome back!
    Everything I've read says you are going to be disappointed with the performance of a mobile GPU.
    Not likely its 8 core overclocked 5900HX cpu with an RTX6800m gpu running 12GB of ram and benchmarks between a 3070 and 3080 GPU at a nominal 135 watts ldp. The 6800m runs at 145watt LDP and is equivalent to a RTX 6700 desktop GPU in performance.

I think you might be referring to all the under powered RTX Nvidia cards in laptops out there?

https://youtu.be/23IVh5v9hMk
    Last edited by ATAG_Nudge; Oct-22-2021 at 03:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.18 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Hiya Nudgee,
    We'll have to delete that memorial service we held for ya. All those nice things that were said...all untrue but hey, we thought u was done.
    South coast eh, nice part of Oz there m8. Glad they got better carrier pidgeons too.
    We should do an Aussie nite some time. Keep out all that Euro trash & North American rednecks and do some civilized stuff
    Great to see online again.
    Thanks for all the kind words, lies, Torian.

Still got that JS you sent me when I was in Western Australia mate, I need to find a new recipient to make it go full circle as it is now surplus to my requirements.

Once all this COVID rubbish is sorted a real life gathering would be on the cards with all those local to NSW.

Catch you on TS soon mate cheers

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.18 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Welcome back to the civilization!
    Thanks Colandar good to be back mate.

Surely your dog fighting skills have improved now that your name is redundant LOL

Cheers Nudge

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Nudge View Post
    Thanks Colandar good to be back mate.

Surely your dog fighting skills have improved now that your name is redundant LOL

Cheers Nudge
    HA! I think I haven't flown since the last time you saw me on the server. So no, I'm sure I'm more of a target practice drone now than before

12. Likes ATAG_Nudge liked this post