Thread: Hello to everybody

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    120.7 KB

Hello to everybody

Just starting with combat sim after many years with FSX. So far it is proving challenging, will hang in and
    look forward to meeting some of you in multiplayer.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Hello to everybody

Hey Keith...great to have you join us! You are very welcome!

Yes, Cliffs of Dover is a very 'tough learn' but that's why it appeals to many of us, who are fascinated by WW11 warbirds. It's the realism that grips you...and Cliffs has masses of realism. Besides the in-cockpit detail and the fact that the cockpit is clickable (something I personally appreciate) Cliffs has some of the best flight modelling to be found in any sim and the fact that we have many 'real' pilots amongst us, proves it.

You are going to have a real blast, I'm sure but no doubt loads of questions and problems so do ask them here, on this Forum, in this thread, if you like............ and we'll do our best to answer them.

I started flying multiplayer back in 2015 and haven't looked back. It's all totally fascinating...and realistic. Just last night myself and Dazza, Jack Max, ATAG's Snargle and Jeepy, plus Baffin (both of the latter being 'real pilots!') had a heart thumping, unbelievably tense air battle off Deal, to the east of Kent battling the 109's of our friends (and arch rivals!) 9/JG52.

When 9/JG52 are flying everybody takes notice because they are true 'experten' on the 109 aircraft. They believe in flying the 109 in the way for which is was designed...as a high speed energy fighter using the 'boom and zoom' technique. Standing up against them is always a challenge. They fly as a tight, supportive team. (We are somewhat 'looser!' Ha ha!....but no less determined!) They fly high and are expert at spotting contacts (us!) many thousands of feet below them. They can also dive and climb faster but because 'it's not an easy combat match'.......... that's the catalyst that spurs and pushes us on.

Sometimes, if we support each other closely...and have the time to match them in height we can (like yesterday) sometimes manage to dominate, if only for a short while. Yesterday they shot down at least two of us but we also scored hits on them and may have knocked one down. They are all 'gentlemen' to a tee and flying against them is one of the positive highlights of flying on CLoD. There are many more of them. Not least: the ability to chat with fellow aviation enthusiast who are literally dotted all over the world. We have a truly world wide following here and that can only be a good thing.

If you fancy meeting up on Team Speak (that's the software we use for chatting: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...read.php?t=732

...and maybe flying some 'circuits and bumps' whilst asking questions........ or going for a tour of the servers and the battle area of Kent I'm yer man! We can meet up on line and maybe I can help you to jump a few hurdles and feel more at home with multiplayer. Let me know here if that appeals and we can set up an opportunity in no time.

In the meantime, have fun, hope the training goes well and that we see you 'winging up' with us soon! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Nov-01-2021 at 12:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Hello krfilby,

Welcome to the game and to the forum!

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Salute krfilby
    Greetings and welcome to CLOD , you will have a great time both learning to fly the airframes and in
    conversing with other like minded enthusiasts of this great sim.
    I would highly recommend you download and install Teamspeak 3 if you havnt dont so already.
    In there you can speak to other pilots and get tips, help and advice from them , also dont be afraid to
    post any questions in the forum as well there will always be an answer for you.

Marlow has already mentioned this in the above post and you wont go wrong or find a nicer fella to start off with
    Remember... above all the aim is to enjoy yourself , it can be very daunting at the satrt . we were all
    in the same boat learning the ropes so to speak. Keep at it and you will soon be buzzing round with rest of us

Hals und Beinbruch
    Last edited by 9./JG52_Meyer; Nov-01-2021 at 15:39.
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/