Thread: WWII British Aircraft Hydraulic Brake Lever For Warthog ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

WWII British Aircraft Hydraulic Brake Lever For Warthog ?

I would dearly love to get my grubby mitts on this little gem.......as I fly Spits,Wellingtons and now the latest DCS Mosquito this would be great,is anybody creating or selling these anywhere?

As I have'nt got a 3D printer it's out of the question for me unless I can purchase one.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Re: WWII British Aircraft Hydraulic Brake Lever For Warthog ?

I do not see how that thing could function? I saw no sensor in the add on device that would track rotation of the new handle, and no electrical connection between the new handle and the the joystick. Am I missing something?

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Seems there is info there (russian post)
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/...comment-851708
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    351.60 MB

Hi,

I too have been learning to fly the Mosquito and needed to come up with a solution to the British brake issue- without it it is REALLY hard to taxi as braking is pretty much all or nothing when using the full TMWH HOTAS setup (stick/throttle/TPRs). My throttles are modded with this analog TDC mini-joystick (https://deltasimelectronics.com/) and I found that by setting it up to only apply up to 40% braking, with a big dead zone, and using a custom curve that only uses one side of the TDC mini-stick throw (down, in my case), I now have the ability to "tap" the brakes just enough for steering using the TDC mini-stick, while using the F-16 Paddle switch on the warthog stick to apply full brakes when needed (I use the pinky switch, along with the paddle switch, to engage the parking brake).

Takes a little getting used to and tweaking the custom curves to get the correct amount of braking, but it is a LOT better than "all or nothing" or trying to use only one of the TPR pedals!

Kirk

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

A strong substitute is to use your stick's twist axis. You'll need rudder pedals which leaves the twist axis unused. Just set up a large dead zone so brakes are activated twisting in one direction. I believe my dead zone was 80%.