Thread: Hi

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.99 MB

Hi

Hi all
    after years of inactivity I want to start sim flying again.
    Any tips?

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Re: Hi

Check your six!
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by OBT~Eazy View Post
    Check your six!
    As the simpson's comics guy would say:
    Best tip ever

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Cetan View Post
    Hi all
    Any tips?
    I will try to help you with your question, but I need some information first. I see you joined the forum in May, have you been practicing flying since that time? Do you even own Cliff's? What do you have for equipment, joystick, headtracker, mic, etc. Kind of tell us where you are with equipment and games right now and what you have tried.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Hi all
    Any tips?
    Here you go .. Begginers Guide:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ll=1#post51809

Sorry if some of it is out of date, I haven't begun for a while, so don't know

Welcome to the fun!

Cheers
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

9. Likes Cetan, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    I will try to help you with your question, but I need some information first. I see you joined the forum in May, have you been practicing flying since that time? Do you even own Cliff's? What do you have for equipment, joystick, headtracker, mic, etc. Kind of tell us where you are with equipment and games right now and what you have tried.
    Hi Bill,

thx for the reply. I own Clod but have not practiced a lot so far.

My specs:
    - intel I7 10700
    - 32 GB
    - Windows 10
    - Joystick: VKB gunfighter Mk3
    - Track IR
    - 5-artis 7 game headphone with mic

Landing and takeoff is kinda ok. I suck at dogfighting and situation awereness.
    I prefer to fly German planes.

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Bill,

thx for the reply. I own Clod but have not practiced a lot so far.

My specs:
    - intel I7 10700
    - 32 GB
    - Windows 10
    - Joystick: VKB gunfighter Mk3
    - Track IR
    - 5-artis 7 game headphone with mic

Landing and takeoff is kinda ok. I suck at dogfighting and situation awereness.
    I prefer to fly German planes.
    Hi Cetan......and welcome to Cliffs of Dover! Knowing and remembering how exciting it was to begin learning Cliffs I almost envy you your journey. You are in for a serious challenge but also masses of fun!

Often, pilots flying Cliffs are divided into two groups: those who enjoy interacting with other like minded people, cooperating and flying missions together online in multiplayer and those who prefer to fly single player, by themselves on their own system.

I definitely fall into the first catagory and many people I talk to constantly mention that the thrill you get from flying against other human pilots completely outclasses single player. That's certainly my experience!

So, there is maybe your first decision: are you flying only single player or are you after the total immersion of multiplayer? You are certainly equipped with all the necessary equipment for multiplayer so, hopefully, we will see you winging up with us very soon.

My second tip could be: experience all the aircraft Cliffs offers but at some point, if you want to become competitive and stand a reasonable chance against other human pilots, it might help to become competent on one type.
    I fly the Spitfire and feel most comfortable flying.....and very important this....fighting that aircraft. I enjoy flying the various 109 types ....they are superb....but readily admit I do not feel so confident fighting in that aircraft.

If you wish to become proficient in the 109 you need to thoroughly learn the 'boom n zoom' attack. I would fly on multiplayer and try and join Team Speak or Discord (the programs we use to chat) and listen in to the many 'experten' we have flying 109's. They fly high and fast. They know when to engage and when to break off. All are formidable opponents for us Red pilots. All of them would be happy to chat with you and share their experience and tips. That alone would save you months of practice.

And if you want a quick tour around the multiplayer servers......the battle areas.....how the servers differ......answer hopefully your questions......I'm your man! We can fix a time and meet on Team Speak and have some fun. Just let me know below.
    In the meantime, have fun. We hope the training goes well and hope to see you on multiplayer soon. Salute! :

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Cetan, I am one of the type’s that like to practice flying and shooting via single mission, that said, even if you want to dive into Multiplayer you are going to need to be able to start your aircraft, take off and land. So I suggest you work on that first, and do so by going to the Beginners Guild link above. There you will get to the flash cards that give you aircraft parameters such as combat settings, speeds, Max dive speeds etc.

I suggest taking Marrow up on his offer to walk you through a Multiplayer session.

Once you can do Multiplayer you could join us at 24:00 Zulu to fly with Red’s and Blue’s on the same Team Speak Channel for a couple hours. We fly on the VCAF server on Friday. Not sure where you are from, that time may not be possible for you.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Cetan liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.99 MB

Thanks for the tip and advice guys.
    Looks like I need more training in single player before playing multiplayer missions.

16. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Thanks for the tip and advice guys.
    Looks like I need more training in single player before playing multiplayer missions.
    Actually, if you join a multiplayer server and ask for help, I'm sure someone will tag along you and help you. It will ease the learning curve a LOT.