Thread: How to change loadout in FMB?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How to change loadout in FMB?

First of all, I'm new here so hi all

I tried CloD a whole bunch of years ago and was quite disappointed by it (I liked it though, but the other options I had were much better in my opinion... so I just kept mainly playing Il-2 1946 for my combat flight sim needs). I was extremely delighted to see the current state that it's at now, so it has pretty much turned into my favorite sim now.

I've tried, and god damnit trust me when I say I tried to find something regarding this but it seems impossible... Either because it hasn't been asked before (highly doubt it) or simply because I don't know how to search for this specific thing. I've also tried reading the relevant manuals but I can't find anything regarding this (all is mentioned is regarding to before you start the mission, not in the FMB itself... and I can't change the loadout when trying the mission. But even if I could, that's not what I want since I would be the only plane in the map with those settings

How the hell am I supposed to change the loadout (i.e. taking off wing guns off the 109 for example) in the FMB? I've tried looking through every option in "group properties" and the plane itself (#1), but this option seems to be missing. This is such a basic option when customizing a plane that I refuse to believe that this is not possible until I'm told otherwise. Plus, I recall being able to select this in the loadout for the profile plane intended for online. What am I supposed to do to remove the wing guns?..or change any plane's loadout for that matter? (although thinking about it I'm pretty sure this only affects wing guns since other options are changing bullets or bomb type. And those options are there easily accessible. I simply can't figure out how to remove the wing guns on the 109 and it's driving me nuts. (I'd imagine it would be selected in the "weapon set" option, but hitting "delete" in there while highlighting the wing guns seems to only remove the ammo while leaving the guns there)

On the same note, I can see that there's no nose cannon to be found. I figure adding it would be the same as removing the wing guns, but seriously I can't think of anything else to try to add/remove guns from the plane in the FMB

Any help is very much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: How to change loadout in FMB?

Click the button hightlighted in red.
    fmb1.jpg

This will give you a window where you can set everything.
    fmb2.jpg

Check out the Mission Builders Manual here

https://www.team-fusion-simulations....ath=01_Manuals

3. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Click the button hightlighted in red.
    fmb1.jpg

This will give you a window where you can set everything.
    fmb2.jpg

Check out the Mission Builders Manual here

https://www.team-fusion-simulations....ath=01_Manuals
    Thing is, that's where I was trying to do it. But I could only seem to remove the ammo and do nothing with the weapons. I'll have a look at that manual, thanks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Canzandridas View Post
    Thing is, that's where I was trying to do it. But I could only seem to remove the ammo and do nothing with the weapons. I'll have a look at that manual, thanks
    Well either I'm very dumb or I simply can't find anything regarding changing loadouts or the "weapon set" option. I simply can't do anything in that menu other than remove the ammo

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, so I've tried a different version on the plane and the options actually work there (as I expected them to), but then this poses the question: Why does the Bf-109 E3 NOT have a nose cannon? The model has it, but it's nowhere to be found. Plus, I'm pretty sure that wing cannons could be taken off but maybe I'm wrong on that. What I know for sure that I'm not wrong about is the nose cannon. The model has it, but the option isn't there. Is there a reason for this?

I can live with that, since I very much prefer the F4 or the G2 variants, but this just seems weird to say the least. If the model itself didn't have the nose cannon I would understand, but it IS there and for some reason it can't be used at all. That's just weird

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

The E-3 (nor any other production models of the E-series for that matter) does not have a nose cannon. The hollowed out spinner in earlier models is a remain from earlier intentions.

And you can remove the wings cannons. The first option in the dropdown should be „Empty“ but probably still reads the same as the second line (proper weapon). It’s a bug in the arming screen and probably also in the FMB loadout screen.

To check if the weapon has been removed, fly the mission and see if the ammo counters show 00/00.
    Last edited by 9./JG52_J-HAT; Nov-21-2021 at 15:42.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Repeat after me:
    No Emil ever had a Motorkanone.