Thread: Hello and thank you to ATAG_Marlow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Hello and thank you to ATAG_Marlow!

Just wanted to say hello, brand new to CLoD but have been messing around with Box and DCS for a while. Loaded it up today, set up controls, and popped on the Blitz server. ATAG_Marlow, seeing I was flying around aimlessly (lost) took me under his 'wing' on a nice tour of England after an excruciating text chat back/forth. Now its a matter of setting up more keybindings and figuring this out a bit more. Connected to the TS server and saved, so hopefully text days are over.. I will be =LD= Icer in game..
    Last edited by Patricks; Nov-29-2021 at 11:23.
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Hello and thank you to ATAG_Marlow!

Welcome to the forum, Icer!

Marlow has warmly greeted many new players onto the various servers and brought them up to speed.
    It doesn’t hurt that he’s a fine virtual pilot himself! Very glad to see you’ve gotten Teamspeak up and running. Looking forward to winging up with you soon.

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

3. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Marlow, Maru liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Post Re: Hello and thank you to ATAG_Marlow!

If you want to come over to the Blue side we'd be happy to give you a tour of England too!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Just wanted to say hello, brand new to CLoD but have been messing around with Box and DCS for a while. Loaded it up today, set up controls, and popped on the Blitz server. ATAG_Marlow, seeing I was flying around aimlessly (lost) took me under his 'wing' on a nice tour of England after an excruciating text chat back/forth. Now its a matter of setting up more keybindings and figuring this out a bit more. Connected to the TS server and saved, so hopefully text days are over.. I will be =LD= Icer in game..

You were flying with Marlow you say ?? That can't be !
    He took off towards the North long ago and simply disappeared.
    Occasionally we hear feint chatter of far distant (apparent) air battles and cries of low fuel warnings. Then all goes quiet.

It must've been his ghostly aircraft you saw as you entered the Twilight Zone.

If you listen long enough you may hear him singing or quoting Shakespeare.

Nice fellow all the same.
    Welcome to Cliffs

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Nov-29-2021 at 12:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

He's a fine chap, that ATAG_Marlow!

Good to have you with us Icer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Welcome Icer, I am not going to say anything nice bout Marlow, don't want him getting a big head, although he is a really nice guy
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hello Icer and a very warm welcome to CLoD Blitz .

Nice to hear that my old friend ATAG_Marlow has given you a helping hand .

Sort of a cross between "Obi-Wan Kenobi" and "Gandalph the grey" is Marlow .

Very nice gentlemen and a very enthusiastic member of our community , a good guy to know .

Hope to see you around Icer . Good luck

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Icer and welcome,

Good to hear our good friend Marlow has been helping you to get started with Clod.

Enjoy, and have fun

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Bwaaaggghhhhhhhh and double.....nay....tripple....BWAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH! You guys say the nicest things and I'm coming over all wet n weepy! (Or am I still damp from the bath?)

Hey, De Icer! Excellent fun flying with you today and I am so glad you are thinking of sticking around. Sometimes the new guys have an intro/welcome from me...and then seem to run a mile! (Was it something I said?)

Great to hear you downloaded TS. (My typing finger is still bandaged up after today!!!!!!) We were talking about Information Windows today. I normally have three on my screen:

1. The engine management controls......throttle, prop pitch, radiator, etc, set to give a digital display in %. This allows you to set your engine controls to match your wing man so you can keep with him. I keep this box low down on the bottom left of my screen, out of the way. You can change the size of the box to suit. For me: the smaller the better.

2. Secondary controls: gear down, open bomb doors, select both engines, select right engine, open canopy, etc. I keep this in the top right corner and small.

3. The 'Chat Window: where you read messages from other pilots (as we did today) and where you can receive messages from the computer or Air Traffic/Radar. Again, adjust the script and box size to your liking. Here is a Forum thread that might be useful, despite being a bit old now.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ead.php?t=3273

We have a whole lot of Pilot Manuals to be found in the Game, on the Contents Page (Where you find 'Multiplayer, Single Player, etc) These are Pilot Manuals that many of us worked on. A bit of a labour of love, designed to help you get up in the air successfully in your chosen aircraft. The fighter manuals are relatively simple and you can improve on your knowledge of your favourite aircraft fairly quickly. However, the bomber manuals are in a class of their own. Brilliant work! So if you fancy taking up a Wellington....now's yer chance!

Don't forget to call any of us up next time you're flying CLoD! Come and join in..... 'the friendly killing' anytime! Salute

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Bwaaaggghhhhhhhh and double.....nay....tripple....BWAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH! You guys say the nicest things and I'm coming over all wet n weepy! (Or am I still damp from the bath?)

Hey, De Icer! Excellent fun flying with you today and I am so glad you are thinking of sticking around. Sometimes the new guys have an intro/welcome from me...and then seem to run a mile! (Was it something I said?)
    Great to hear you downloaded TS. (My typing finger is still bandaged up after today!!!!!!) We were talking about Information Windows today. I normally have three on my screen:
    1. The engine management controls......throttle, prop pitch, radiator, etc, set to give a digital display in %. This allows you to set your engine controls to match your wing man so you can keep with him. I keep this box low down on the bottom left of my screen, out of the way. You can change the size of the box to suit. For me: the smaller the better.
    2. Secondary controls: gear down, open bomb doors, select both engines, select right engine, open canopy, etc. I keep this in the top right corner and small.
    3. The 'Chat Window: where you read messages from other pilots (as we did today) and where you can receive messages from the computer or Air Traffic/Radar. Again, adjust the script and box size to your liking. Here is a Forum thread that might be useful, despite being a bit old now.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ead.php?t=3273
    We have a whole lot of Pilot Manuals to be found in the Game, on the Contents Page (Where you find 'Multiplayer, Single Player, etc) These are Pilot Manuals that many of us worked on. A bit of a labour of love, designed to help you get up in the air successfully in your chosen aircraft. The fighter manuals are relatively simple and you can improve on your knowledge of your favourite aircraft fairly quickly. However, the bomber manuals are in a class of their own. Brilliant work! So if you fancy taking up a Wellington....now's yer chance!
    Don't forget to call any of us up next time you're flying CLoD! Come and join in..... 'the friendly killing' anytime! Salute
    Thanks man, I went from our flight right to YT and watched Philstyle's window video, have them all set up the treat now. Also I see the "Brake" I set up on my Warthog throttle (paddle switch) I use in IL-2 and DCS is a nothing or 100% "switch" in CLod, which is why my first use of it was ... eventful. . Now I know to only use that when parked and use the toe brakes for slowing/steering.. Oh, and decided to buy Tobruk as it looks like 1/2 the servers want to see it...

Edit: As for Teamspeak i've had it since it came out way back when, had "Roger Wilco" before then as it's inventor (1 of 4 guys I believe) was the leader of my first online squadron in Warbirds, the Dweebs of Death squadron. I think it was adopted for use in Aces High also. Of late i've been using Discord (or IVC in BMS 4.35) mostly, but TS3 all set up ready to go.
    Last edited by Patricks; Dec-03-2021 at 07:34.
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D