Thread: Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Dec 11

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Dec 11

20:00 - Rome
    14:00 - Toronto
    06:00 - Sydney

Mare Nostrum is another naval themed mission. A large Italian convoy is headed for Tobruk and both sides are throwing everything into the battle. Sink the convoy or destroy the attacking bombers. Players will be able to fly the Bf-109 and Tomahawk in this mission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Operation Compass - The Pursuit Sat Dec 11

Come and join the fun today!

Here’s a little snippet from our last event:

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

oh bugger I never saw this. Hope you had good time with it,

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I had a good time at first taking out 2 ships on the same torpedo run. Hoorah. Then I got shot up and crashed into the sea. Then I took another trip ending up again in the sea. Then the 'actual' world intervened with local wind gusts over 90km/h and we lost power for 2 1/2 hrs. Was dying for a cuppa of course. That's resolved now. It was fun while it lasted, though others had continued launcher crashes spoiling their fun.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Dec-11-2021 at 18:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

It was great to have an Event again......and to see many 'old faithfuls' joining us on the TFS3 Server.

Unfortunately, I was plagued with Launcher Crashes in the earlier part of the evening and so never found the enemy ships. I think Slot suffered some crashes as well. Strange, as I haven't had any crashes for a very long time.

I had three crashes at least, which all struck around 10 to 15 minutes after 'creating.' I eventually managed to stay on the server without crashing, by changing the USB port used by my Microsoft 'Sidewinder' joystick. It may have been in a USB3 port and because the stick is 'old technology' may have been 'incompatible'....... or at least that's what Window's trouble Shooting suggested. I think it is now in a USB2 port.

After making this change, I then flew with Slot and Jack Max for quite a time, with no crashes. Phew! Fingers crossed the problem is solved.

Many thanks to the organisers of last night's event. Salute.
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Dec-12-2021 at 09:06.

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dazza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    I had a good time at first taking out 2 ships on the same torpedo run. Hoorah. Then I got shot up and crashed into the sea. Then I took another trip ending up again in the sea. Then the 'actual' world intervened with local wind gusts over 90km/h and we lost power for 2 1/2 hrs. Was dying for a cuppa of course. That's resolved now. It was fun while it lasted, though others had continued launcher crashes spoiling their fun.

Daz
    I was in awe, Dazza. I was on the same torpedo run with you and MISSED with both my torpedoes on a larger target - the freighter! You got TWO smaller targets with just TWO torpedoes!

I returned later to sink that freighter with a bomb-laden Hurri IIc, missed again, clipped its mast, splashed down in front of it - and it then ran me over! LOL

I think I’ll stick to navigating…..

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

9. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    oh bugger I never saw this. Hope you had good time with it,
    It wasn’t the same without you, Stickz.

For the next event we’ll do a better job of publicizing it. This time of year is difficult to dedicate the time needed to really get the word out there.

11. Likes 56RAF_stickz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

It was wonderful to have you join us, Marlow, despite your launcher crashes.

I recall having issues with an older Logitech webcam which kept crashing on me during a Zoom session. Turns out it was the USB 3.0 port it was plugged into.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Many thanks to Oskar and Snapper for organising.

Was late to the party again due to failure to learn how to tell time. I didn't realise Europe was UK+1 so advertised Rome time 8pm was UK 7pm!

Great to catch up with everyone again despite two CTD for no apparent reason.

Trying to find ships is so hard on your own so was glad to eventually to wing up with Snapper in IIb and find something to bomb.
    Noob mistake as forgot to fuse bombs longer than 0 second and attack was too shallow. Caught in own blast and bobbed around watching Snapper get "keelhauled" by freighter.
    That must be first for CLOD?

After we went up in Spits the sky seemed to clear rapidly of potential targets so I put that down to JackMaxx and Marlows considerable skill and reputation.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I figure Slot would get a chuckle out of this.

Back story: I made 2 passes on a freighter in a Hurricane IIc and missed each time with a 500 lb bomb. I then decided to make a strafing run and...came a cropper. Booger!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Why do these swimming bathtubs have these annoying masts, if they don't have any sails?!?
    It's so unfair!

Happened to me uncountable times ...

17. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Excellent video Snapper.
    One for the archives.

Maybe the coders could make a sub come along in future and combine CLOD with Das boot.

Can’t believe the ship propellers modelled in game and was half expecting you to be chunked up.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

19. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Bubba liked this post