Thread: MFG Crosswind damper Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

MFG Crosswind damper Mod

EEE166AF-5A1B-45FA-9F11-94224D2DD0FC.jpeg43919295-931A-4959-B3C1-2B56271891D6.jpeg85802EBA-31A4-4EA7-BDEC-4A031EB05194.jpegI have been trying to get hold of the retro fit kit for this damper mod from MFG online store but it is out of stock. Sooo seeing as I had a damper hanging about the house the I thought I would have a go at my own retro fit . Before I start the kit from MFG is £39.71 plus postage . The damper I used is designed for motorcycles but was very effective , but at the time of buying a couple of years ago was also very expensive so try and look for cheaper alternatives.
    What you will need
    1x Din912 M8x80 mm preferable with alan key head
    1x M6x35mm Screw
    2x aluminium 16 5mm standoffs( I used the nylon version )
    1x Matris M33212x damper or equivalent

Remove the rear M8 bolt , make sure you note the position of the bearing and order the spacers go
    Attached the damper , aligning the fixing bracket for a left hand fit
    Place the new standoff between the damper rear mount and push the M8x 80 mm through retightening the nut through the bearing and spacers plates
    Do not over tighten
    Remove the m6 screw from the left hand cam and put the stand off between the damper mounting bracket and MFG base tighten and your done
    I have been testing for any undue stress on the cam plate , and can not find a problem . The MFG kit allows for centre mounting option which seems to the preferred position , as the mounting plate is Asymmetric and feels weird when set up in the offset position
    Last edited by ATAG_Eshark; Dec-03-2021 at 18:58.
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

2. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx, Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Re: MFG Crosswind damper Mod

I would suggest that the purpose built retro kit is worth buying and have requested an email be sent to me when it is in stock. I attempted my fit because I happened to have a damper available . I am very happy with the damper performance, and will probably use the one I have when the fitting kit arrives. But for now this Diy attempt is performing well
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot