Thread: Track IR

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    44.13 MB

Track IR

Hello All, I have not been online i quite some time. I have had an issue with my Trackir 5. The problem I have is trackir will not stay centered when in game. I look around and it will function normally for few minutes then it will center on the vertical or maybe some other position than straight ahead. Sometimes, I can move my head left and right quickly and then it will correct itself but other times it will not and I have to hit the f12 key to center again. I have made sure there is no other light source within the trackir's field of vision. Could it be that the trackir is defective and I need to purchase a new one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: Track IR

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald1013 View Post
    Hello All, I have not been online i quite some time. I have had an issue with my Trackir 5. The problem I have is trackir will not stay centered when in game. I look around and it will function normally for few minutes then it will center on the vertical or maybe some other position than straight ahead. Sometimes, I can move my head left and right quickly and then it will correct itself but other times it will not and I have to hit the f12 key to center again. I have made sure there is no other light source within the trackir's field of vision. Could it be that the trackir is defective and I need to purchase a new one?
    Firstly whichever clip you're using open the program and look at the 'camera' view window. This shows you what the camera 'sees' in regards to the reflectors or led lights on your clip. Move your head around and determine if it's tracking all 3 points continuously and equally (none of them dim/disappear).
    It may be you're offset from the camera view either vertically or horizontally and it's losing tracking line of site with 1 reflector/led point or more. In that case it will freeze until it sees 3 points again. I had a similar issue once with my camera sitting too high relative to my head and angled downward too steep. I still frequently find I've put my headphones on and centered my view without sitting properly upright, thus I lose tracking when looking down.

You can also adjust settings in the left 'advanced settings/camera' panel to make your reflectors or led's more visible in contrast to ambient light.

I don't know which clip you have but I get much better results overall with the track clip pro than the reflector clip.

GL
    Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Dec-09-2021 at 09:15.

3. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    44.13 MB

Thanks for the tip, I will use the Track clip pro to see if that makes a difference.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I assign a button on my joystick to center the TrackIR, so that when it does go out of whack I can quickly center it without much effort.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

6. Likes TWC_Padre, Baffin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    44.13 MB

I finally got down on hands and knees and installed the track clip pro in PC under my desk. Tested out in single mission and NO crazy centering problems! Now I can get back online and join the group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I finally got down on hands and knees and installed the track clip pro in PC under my desk. Tested out in single mission and NO crazy centering problems! Now I can get back online and join the group.
    Under the desk ? So the track clip is on your crotch ? Sounds a bit odd, but if it works for you then all is well I suppose. Personally I prefer clipping it to my headphones. Much less sensitive area.

Enjoy
    Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Dec-09-2021 at 17:50.

9. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    44.13 MB

No NO, I mean that the trackclip USB port and trackIR USB ports connect close to the PC which is on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I have mounted a TRackClip PRO onto the center of the bill of my flying cap. The Camera is directly in front, on the monitor TV, which eliminates all parallax. This requires a little sewing to secure the device and the wires, but has worked well for many years. I also attached earbuds and my microphone to the cap, which I use for voice communications in the game. All my game sounds come through surround sound speakers in the room. This setup sounds very realistic... but how do I clean the cap?
    Last edited by Baffin; Dec-10-2021 at 10:15.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post