Thread: Re-Downloading the latest update

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Re-Downloading the latest update

I suspect something went wrong. Low frame rate and bad visuals. How do I do a new download?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG
    Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming MB,
    Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 31ghz CPU, EVGA 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram,
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: Re-Downloading the latest update

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SLAG View Post
    I suspect something went wrong. Low frame rate and bad visuals. How do I do a new download?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG
    I would expect you'd need to uninstall then reinstall the game. You are pretty much better off just verifying the integrity of the game files.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Deleting the game seems straight forward. What about reloading, though. Will deleting take it out of Steam, or do I just go into back into Steam and reload?
    Last edited by TWC_SLAG; Dec-19-2021 at 22:14.
    Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte Curved Monitor 165hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, Reverb G2

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Deleting the game seems straight forward. What about reloading, though. Will deleting take it out of Steam, or do I just go into back into Steam and reload?
    Deleting the game from your PC has no effect on Steam. You can then go and do a fresh install. Be sure to backup your .ini files unless you want to go through the pleasure of reconfiguring your gun loadouts, convergences, and remapping your controllers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I deleted Clod, and am now using the Steam version. However, I see no difference in the color and resolution. Also, there is still a huge reduction in FPS, compared to what I was used to in the past. I have update Steam, Windows 10, and Geforce graphics. As a reminder, I was not using my computer between Feb and Dec 2021. I am having similar problems with BOX. Both IL2 products. But no problems with DCS. As can be seen in my specs, I should not be having any of these problems. I tried to attach some old and new screenshots, but they are too big.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I deleted Clod, and am now using the Steam version. However, I see no difference in the color and resolution. Also, there is still a huge reduction in FPS, compared to what I was used to in the past. I have update Steam, Windows 10, and Geforce graphics. As a reminder, I was not using my computer between Feb and Dec 2021. I am having similar problems with BOX. Both IL2 products. But no problems with DCS. As can be seen in my specs, I should not be having any of these problems. I tried to attach some old and new screenshots, but they are too big.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

SLAG
    1) Did you delete the cache file in 'documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' when you uninstalled the game?

If you are getting what you describe, you may have somehow overlaid the old cache file on the new installation.

2) Did you uninstall through Steam or did you physically go in and delete the files.... if you did the latter, then you could have problems.

I would recommend you verify through Steam, then uninstall the game through Steam, then install again through Steam, then delete the cache file, then run the game.

Be sure to save your config files.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    1) Did you delete the cache file in 'documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' when you uninstalled the game?

If you are getting what you describe, you may have somehow overlaid the old cache file on the new installation.

2) Did you uninstall through Steam or did you physically go in and delete the files.... if you did the latter, then you could have problems.

I would recommend you verify through Steam, then uninstall the game through Steam, then install again through Steam, then delete the cache file, then run the game.

Buzzsaw,

Be sure to save your config files.
    I did as you suggested, and almost everything is working better, except the FPS. I"m wondering if I could get some people to send me their video settings, including the advanced ones? I also wish Clod would let us see the frame rate.

Thanks for the help,

SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Slag, you can activate FPS in the console. Here is a thread link with all the info.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...nsole+commands
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I did the shift/tab thing through Settings, and the comm list comes up, but the FPS doesn't. Those instructions are from 2018. Do they still apply today?

Could I also get some video settings?

Did a reboot, and the FPS did show up. It shows I am getting 11 frames per second. WTF is going on, here?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG
    Last edited by TWC_SLAG; Jan-02-2022 at 20:13.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Hey SLAG

I use the FPS display from the Steam, Settings, Gameplay tab

Steam FPS Settings.jpg

I use the "high contrast" choice and have it displayed in the lower right corner so it is less intrusive. For the most part my FPS is pretty constant although there are variances depending on what is being displayed.

Forward View FPS.jpg

Here are my in-game video settings

In-Game Video Settings.jpg

Personally, I don't give the matter much thought unless it begins to interfere with my game play.
    Last edited by TWC_Padre; Jan-03-2022 at 00:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Slag, if you have integrated graphics on your cpu it may be trying to run the game. Change it to your 2070.....could be your issue with FPS.
    Here is a link on it.
    https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/how-...ated-graphics/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

With a 2070super you should be able to run in game video all at highest. Also in nvidia control panel you can set up a profile for each game you play.Go to nvidia control panel under "Mangae 3D settings. All you really need is power set to "Prefer maximum perfomance". After that its a rabbit hole that has taken the very will to live out of some people......ie me

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Birdtail View Post
    Slag, if you have integrated graphics on your cpu it may be trying to run the game. Change it to your 2070.....could be your issue with FPS.
    Here is a link on it.
    https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/how-...ated-graphics/
    Birdtail,

In those instructions, a preferred gpu is supposed to be selected. There is nothing like that in 3d settings. The closest matches to see or select a GPU are CUDA and GPU. I selected my 2070 in both, but have seen no improvement.

I may be at the rabbits hole entrance, right now. Could you send me your nvidia settings and those for Video in CloD?

TWC_SLAG
    Last edited by TWC_SLAG; Jan-03-2022 at 16:13.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

A 2070Super you could run game settings at their highest. I have a old system and just have forest down one notch. I also run at 1600x900 resolution. So my settings will mean nothing to your system. As far as "Manage 3D settings" I have Global set at default and CLOD program settings all are default except for Low Latency Mode set to Ultra and Power management mode set to prefer maximum performance. I really don't think any of these settings are causing your FPS issues.
    Maybe someone with tech knowledge on such things could respond...............

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Birdtail View Post
    A 2070Super you could run game settings at their highest. I have a old system and just have forest down one notch. I also run at 1600x900 resolution. So my settings will mean nothing to your system. As far as "Manage 3D settings" I have Global set at default and CLOD program settings all are default except for Low Latency Mode set to Ultra and Power management mode set to prefer maximum performance. I really don't think any of these settings are causing your FPS issues.
    Maybe someone with tech knowledge on such things could respond...............
    I agree that it is something else. So, it is not the CPU, GPU, or anything else that might have needed an upgrade. I have checked them all.

I uninstalled/reinstalled CloD again, thinking maybe that was a problem. But, it made no difference. I also, again, made sure that anything else that might be associated with the old CloD has been deleted.

Did you see that my DCS is running perfectly? It is just CloD.

Thank you for your effort.

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Help me clarify something.

If I want to re-load CloD in Steam, I know I should delete all of my current CloD files. But, should I also delete the Steam, Steamapps, and Common folders? I have tried to re-load CloD several times but failed to eliminate the problems I am having.

TWC_SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Help me clarify something.

If I want to re-load CloD in Steam, I know I should delete all of my current CloD files. But, should I also delete the Steam, Steamapps, and Common folders? I have tried to re-load CloD several times but failed to eliminate the problems I am having.

TWC_SLAG
    Uninstall through Steam... do not manually delete the files.

After Steam uninstalls, then you can go in and delete any remaining files manually.

But normally you want to save your config files before uninstalling so you don't have to re-do your joystick setup and other config elements.

Please see the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide'. It is located in your 'manuals' folder in your main CLIFFS OF DOVER install folder, normally in C/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Uninstall through Steam... do not manually delete the files.

After Steam uninstalls, then you can go in and delete any remaining files manually.

But normally you want to save your config files before uninstalling so you don't have to re-do your joystick setup and other config elements.

Please see the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide'. It is located in your 'manuals' folder in your main CLIFFS OF DOVER install folder, normally in C/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/
    I have been saving the ini files and then putting them in the new CloD folder after reloading.
    I went to the manual,and found a page that suggested a repair of NET
    Framework 4 Client Profile, which I did, I think. That is not the solution, either. I wish it had been.

Any other suggestions?
    Sorry to take up your time, but CloD as never been a problem, in all of the years I have been in it.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I know just enough about computers to get in only a little bit of trouble. So, far, that is been enough.

The disk with Clod on it is getting full. Let me propose something that is probably stupid. What if I moved the Steam folder to a different disk that had more unused space? Would it take everything in the Steam folder,which includes Steamapps, and Common with it, including Clod?
    Would it make a difference in my current problem, which is an FPS of "1" in the cockpit view?

Or, could there be some setting in the monitor that is causing my problem?

I have checked the Nvidia 3D settings, and I see that I have chosen my 2070 Super GPU. So that is maybe eliminated as a potential problem. Could it be the CPU?

What I think I need to find is someone in the Houston area who runs Clod and is a software expert, to boot. Any volunteers?

My only other alternative is to stop flying in CloD.

Fingers crossed.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

With my latest plea having gone unanswered, I have decided to investigate the possibility that my problem is related to the 49” TV I am using. So, I ordered a gaming computer monitor to see if that would make a difference. I’m sure we will all be on pins and needles until it arrives on Wednesday.

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Can you open the task manager and check all the programs that are running on your machine. Some other ill-behaved program might be causing a conflict.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    Can you open the task manager and check all the programs that are running on your machine. Some other ill-behaved program might be causing a conflict.
    You might be right, but. I haven’t looked yet.

I hooked up my new computer monitor, 32” Gigabyte curved. DCS, which seemed to be locked at 30fps, is now about 112 in F1. But, Clod is still at about 14 in F1 view, with a good but not great increase in F2.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back.

SLAG

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

I opened up the Task Manager, and found these:

Top 2 Users
    Antimalware Server Executable using 247 MB
    Discord Using 103 MB 2 copies

Discord 32 bit 6 copies
    Console Window Host 4 copies
    Steam client web helper 2 copies
    Nvidia Share 3 copies
    Nvidia Container 6 copies Would deleting one of these delete all them all? Would it make any difference?

O M G

What should I do?

SLAG
    Last edited by TWC_SLAG; Jan-26-2022 at 21:26. Reason: Added a question

League City, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Check the CPU and GPU columns. Click on CPU and the column will be sorted by which process is using the most CPU time. Then start the program and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.48 MB

Check the CPU and GPU columns. Click on CPU and the column will be sorted by which process is using the most CPU time. Then start the program and see what happens.
    I would say that the Desktop Windows Manager is the number one, with Discord number two. Could this mean I have too many things popping up on my Desktop when I start the computer?

SLAG

League City, TX