Thread: New to the community

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    532.41 MB

New to the community

Hi everyone and merry xmas, I hope you're all enjoying the time of year

I have a few hundred hours in BoX and a few hundred more in DCS WW2 and just came across this simulator. After spending a few hours in CloD yesterday I bought the Tobruk expansion - I have a huge interest in WW2 history and it seems to me the developers for these simulators have a great attention to detail and love of the period from a historical point of view.

On that note I was hoping for some advice about how to fill out my simulator with single player content. i'm not particularly interested in multiplayer (except coop) so single player is where I spend most of my time!

I've found this section here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c.../Downloads.php which seems to have plenty of missions for download, but I wasn't sure how to determine whether or not they still work. For example in DCS, missions seem to break every three months yet I can see missions on here from 2014. Could anyone recommend a few of the top, currently working campaigns and missions please?

Also, do the default campaigns for the BoB scenario work well? I can see there are redux versions but these are from 2015, I wonder if Team Fusion have done any work on the default campaigns so they work out of the box?

Many thanks and I look forward to becoming a part of this community!

Luke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Re: New to the community

Hi Luke

Firstly , Welcome to CLoD . Always nice to see a new face here and if you're a fan of WW2 flight sims I'm sure you're going to love this one .

Unfortunately I'm the complete opposite to you on how I play the sim . I mainly use the online option and very rarely go to single player except for practice or testing .

All I could say is that now you have the 'Tobruk' add on there are many many single missions and campaigns available by default , all of which work very well as far as I'm aware .

Good Luck and hopefully we'll get to see you on one of the servers .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Exclamation Re: New to the community

Hi Conure, and welcome to the forum!

You’ve raised a number of good points about Single Missions and Campaigns. I took a look at our Single Player Lounge https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=108 and it’s really all over the place: good info mixed in with old, possibly outdated, info. Definitely needs a revamp - STAT!

Certainly the majority of the Clod community fly Single Player. Most/all are very historically oriented like yourself. Cliffs of Dover Blitz/Tobruk is not for the instant gratification crowd to be sure. It behooves us here at ATAG to keep the Single Player aspect current, challenging, and innovative. Because we are involved with two high capacity online servers, we tend to naturally focus on the multiplayer aspect (with all the camaraderie that Teamspeak engenders) and overlook the power of Single Player which draws in the vast majority of Clod players.

OK, that said, you have given me a New Year’s Resolution! I will do everything in my power to build and bolster the Single Player community here in the ATAG Forum. First off, we need to establish which Single Missions and Campaigns remain viable with the current 5.028 version (going forward). I can’t do this myself, but I will create “Conure’s Corner” (in your honour ) to call on this community to evaluate each Single Mission and Campaign for playability - noting any fixes that need addressing.

Stay tuned…..

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Update: Conure's Corner is now up and operational!

I've led off with my own test of an older mission that actually turns out to be still playable and very good (and difficult - thanks, danperin! )

Give it a look and see what you think. Constructive critique is always welcome.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=409

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

6. Likes danperin, RAF74_Buzzsaw, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    532.41 MB

Hey there - wow haha, thank you! Alright, let me try out this mission now
    Anything else I can do to help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by conure86 View Post
    Hey there - wow haha, thank you! Alright, let me try out this mission now
    Anything else I can do to help?
    Actually, feel free to try the other missions/campaigns in the DOWNLOADS section and let us know what you think. No big evaluation needed - just did it work (or not). The important thing: have fun doing it!

Also, if you see any of us on Teamspeak, hop on and say “hi”. You’re famous now

9. Likes danperin, DerDa, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    You’re famous now
    I'm selling his first post as an NFT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Update: Conure's Corner is now up and operational!

I've led off with my own test of an older mission that actually turns out to be still playable and very good (and difficult - thanks, danperin! )

Give it a look and see what you think. Constructive critique is always welcome.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=409

Cheers!

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

You are very welcome to our forum, Luke!

And you all have an Awesome New Year!

Oh, and since you mention you like single/coop play, you should take a look at this mission I created with that purpose: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=224

It uses the multiplayer spawn style (you can select and fly any plane) and you can play it as singleplayer/coop/multiplayer
    It's kind of a 1940/42 'full scenario' with lots of populated airfields (with labels historically accurate) and a big variety of random targets (both sides) so you can practice without the need to create a mission yourself.

Last edited by danperin; Dec-30-2021 at 23:44.