Thread: Dynamic Campaign by theOden by fenbeiduo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Dynamic Campaign by theOden by fenbeiduo

UPDATE: Got it working and, as Oskar says, it’s amazing! My mistake was pretty basic. I mistook the dynmisDover.exe as an installer, when actually it’s a Mission Generator. All i had to do was use the two dropdown lists to select the mission theatre and squadron, then click on START to generate the next mission. Easy peasy.

I will elaborate further after more “evaluation” (ie gameplay ).

Thanks to JHat and Oskar for their input.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&downloadid=239

OK, I ran into an installation problem right off the bat. I was prompted to make a small addition to the conf.ini folder (which I did in both 1C Softclub and in the core folder), then when I tried to execute the dynmisDover.exe installer, it repeatedly hung up, even when I tried to manually point it to my launcher64.exe game folder.

I need to delve into this a little deeper to see what I'm doing wrong.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Dec-30-2021 at 13:35.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

2. Likes major_setback, Bucksnort liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Re: Dynamic Campaign by theOden by fenbeiduo

The version here seems to be newer with the last update on 18 Feb 2021.
    Also with a few instructions. Maybe you can find there how to solve your problem?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...en-dynmis-exe/

(Haven't really used it, so no idea how to make it work, sorry)
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

I just downloaded it and it ran perfectly. I had to make that change to conf.ini, on the user folder version only.

Very impressive.

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Further to my first post, when you double-click on the Mission Generator (dynmisDover.exe) you will have a prompt pop up that instructs you to add a line to your conf.ini file in your 1C Softclub folder. That line is scriptAppDomain=0 - just open the conf.ini file with Notepad (or any other text editor), look for the [rts] section, then paste in that line, click on File>Save, and exit.

You will have a Mission Generator GUI pop up on your monitor screen that looks like this:

However, some of the fields in this Mission Generator will need to be filled. Note the yellow arrows. You must enter 1) the location of your Cliffs of Dover Blitz/Tobruk folder in your computer, 2) use the drop down menu to choose a Template Mission, then 3) use the next drop down menu to select a Player Squadron. Hit Start and a mission will be generated and Cliffs of Dover will be launched. Go to Single Missions, find the dynmis mission that just got created and you've just started your Campaign!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks for the feedback fellas... be sure to post on the IL-2 forum in the thread and mention you appreciate the work he has done.

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Bucksnort liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is great, Snapper!

Thank you!

I'm still flying through all of the stock single player campaigns...I'm about half way through each of them. But then, this is going to be my new "go to" for Cliffs/Tobruk!

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

I'm having some strange problems with this program that hopefully someone can help with. The dynamic campaigns are essential for keeping single player interesting and challenging and this is perfect but....

Installed fine, added line to conf ini file. Select Battle Of Britain Campaign, 43 squadron from Tangmere and run. Everything works perfectly, finish the mission and exit and this when I get an error message. Before you go to the single select screen there is message:
    Microsoft Net Framework Unhandled Exception.
    Index was out of range. Must be non negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter Name: Index.
    System Argument Out Of Range exception.
    Screenshot (3).jpgScreenshot (1).png
    I select the ignore option and go to the single select screen, count to 2 and a bit ( because its Clod ) and hit fly. However the new mission doesn't load,just a repeat of the first mission.

Odd thing is when I selected No. 1 squadron the error message came up at the start before launching the game.
    Second odd thing was, when having exited the game, I hit the stop button and then again start and the campaign loaded the next mission perfectly.
    Also saw that the build info says 32 bit?
    So it sort of works, but I'd love to be able to fix this glitch as I'm hoping this brilliant little program is going to be what will keep me flying Cliffs.
    Sorry about the wall of text, hopefully it's something simple,
    Cheers, Scream.
    (Double posted in single player section, sorry....)
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Feb-22-2022 at 03:37. Reason: Added Screenshots
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.95 MB

Deleted by GANIX.
    Last edited by GANIX; Apr-12-2023 at 05:38.

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Posted this question over at the " official " IL2 forum over two weeks ago and it still hasn't been put up on the thread, so no joy there. Oh well....
    We really need an official Team Fusion DCG for Cliffs like this one. Keep on hoping.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

15. Likes Pinguim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

If the program is old, it wouldn't surprise me that is using plane or loadout names that have changed in a later CLOD version.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.50 MB

I have the old V5 but it doesn't work for Tobruk so will have a go at this

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    35.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rosepip View Post
    I have the old V5 but it doesn't work for Tobruk so will have a go at this
    Since mid. of june there is new version released.
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...en-dynmis-exe/
    Microsoft Windows 10 HomeVersion 10.0.19043 Build 19043, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 MHz, 8 Kern(e), 16 logische(r) Prozessor(en),
    Overclocked to 4000 MHz
    Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 15,9 GB,
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
    Oculus Rift-S Firmware 2.2.0 Serial No.1WMGH5208S9494
    Steam VR Beta General Video Settings: Render Resolution Automatic
    Steam VR Launcher64 Render Res. Multiplicator 125%
    Nvidia driver version 516.40
    Nvidia Coontrol Panel Settings:
    Global Settings: default, Program Settings: not defined
    Monitor Screen Res. 1920x1080