Thread: Hello

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    683.19 MB

Hello

I'm a lifelong military aviation enthusiast and I've been flightsimming on and off since FS2000 and CFS1 days. I've only recently got back to combat sims and learnt of the Team Fusion Cliffs of Dover update (I know my bad...) but I've now got it and have found my way here. I'm slowly working through the learning curve but am impressed with the ongoing development for Blitz and Tobruk. I've never done serious multiplayer but when I'm up to speed who knows...

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Re: Hello

welcome Renniks, hope to see you on multiplayer soon.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Renniks.....and welcome to our ATAG Forum and Servers! Good to have another mad aviation enthusiast among us! Most of us will instantly recognise your story as being very familiar. I have been flying flight sims since the days of Flying Corp, Jayne's Fighters, B17 (could never get it to drop any bombs?) and European Air War. Then I took a big leap forward by coming across Il2 Sturmovik. For at least two years I never touched anything else but I did get a little tired of flying over the endless Russian Steppes and never knowing where I was!

Then one day my son said: 'Dad...did you know there is a new IL2 Cliffs of Dover out, which deals with the Battle of Britain?' I was instantly interested since the Battle of Britain has been an interest of mine since I lived on RAF Coltishall and witnessed the entire aviation cast of the 1969 epic 'Battle of Britain' coming into the airfield to refuel! I was only 11...... but I have never forgotten it!

Trouble was....'Cliffs of Dover' turned out to be a bit of a 'miss' and we all know why. I gave up on the game, since it wouldn't run but rediscovered it through watching YouTube vids in 2014/15 and that was it. My son built me a computer specifically designed for the sim and I started flying in 2015. For a whole year, I only flew single player believing that the internet was a dark, unwholesome place best avoided. Until in 2016, bored of shooting docile AI 109's, I ventured onto the ATAG Axis v Allies server and was promptly shot down into Dover harbour. But the fact it was another human pilot who had shot me down made the whole experience 'electric' and I've been hooked ever since.

The Community here, both on the Forum and on the servers is second to none. Friendly, funny, supportive, encouraging; you won't find a better set of chaps anywhere. And they come from all over the world. We are truly an international organisation, all brought together by our deep fascination with aviation! So....jump in. Any questions or problems post here and somebody will send you answers. When you have had enough of single player and fancy a challenge send me a message via this Forum and we can go for a sortie or three together and I will try and move you through this sims very steep learning curve. We can explore the servers and get to know the airfields and battle area of Kent and Northern France. Great fun!

Good luck! Have fun training and do keep us updated on your progress! Happy New Year! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Jan-05-2022 at 12:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Welcome Steve, so glad you found us!

I can’t really add to what’s been said above, but certainly urge you to join us when you have a chance. We’re an easygoing lot. Marlow and Jack can show you what’s what, and I can show you what’s better not! LOL

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    683.19 MB

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope to see you in the skies soon...

Steve