Thread: Is there a 4k skins repository somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Is there a 4k skins repository somewhere?

Rather than try and gather up all the latest/greatest skins, is there one place to get them? The "Skins List" sticky is from 2015.. How about historically accurate, are they allowed or called a "Mod" as in IL-2 BoX? I use JSGME to install them.
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Is there a 4k skins repository somewhere?

If you mean the Cliffs of Dover series skins - there are no 4K skins. The game doesn't support them.

Foum Download section for skins:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=12

Just paste the skins in the skin folders (user/documents/1C club ...). I'm unsure of the exact location just now, but should be easy to find.

There are official templates for making your own skins - it's very easy with these templates. Paint schemes are already done and easily changed if you want to. Use the official templates.

There are useful skinning tutorials in the latest template downloads too.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Rather than try and gather up all the latest/greatest skins, is there one place to get them? The "Skins List" sticky is from 2015.. How about historically accurate, are they allowed or called a "Mod" as in IL-2 BoX? I use JSGME to install them.
    We will be introducing support for 4k skins in the Visual Update Patch.

We expect that to be released sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2022.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

Wow, that's great! I assume there will be a flurry of new skins flying around soon after, i'll wait!
    Thanks for the update Buzzsaw!
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

Just came across Haluter’s Skin Downloader for all their IL-2 modules (FB/FC/TC), will it work for CLoD once you go 4k or are all the templates different?
    Last edited by Patricks; Jan-18-2022 at 09:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Just came across Haluter’s Skin Downloader for all their IL-2 modules (FB/FC/TC), will it work for CLoD once you go 4k or are all the templates different?

Great Battles is a different game series to Cliffs of Dover.
    You can't add anything from that series to CoD,
    Sorry.

Cliffs of Dover is the original Oleg Maddox game, and was released as the next generation
    sim after the successful IL2 Sturmovic series. This was abandoned by the game developers due to bugs etc., yet fixed by Team Fusion modding team (us). TFS has an agreement allowing the release and sale of the Blitz (updated) version of CoD and the Desert Wings Tobruk expansion.
    The Great Battles series was created from a different game engine. These two games are not compatible in any way. This even applies to skins. The games are related though so you may find that some parts of the older aircraft skins work in both games. I would seriously doubt it though (I don't fly both games).

Try them though if you like. Please post your results.
    4K skins would probably work in the present version of our game but show as 2K.
    Last edited by major_setback; Jan-18-2022 at 13:40.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    Great Battles is a different game series to Cliffs of Dover.
    You can't add anything from that series to CoD,
    Sorry.

Cliffs of Dover is the original Oleg Maddox game, and was released as the next generation
    sim after the successful IL2 Sturmovic series. This was abandoned by the game developers due to bugs etc., yet fixed by Team Fusion modding team (us). TFS has an agreement allowing the release and sale of the Blitz (updated) version of CoD and the Desert Wings Tobruk expansion.
    The Great Battles series was created from a different game engine. These two games are not compatible in any way. This even applies to skins. The games are related though so you may find that some parts of the older aircraft skins work in both games. I would seriously doubt it though (I don't fly both games).

Try them though if you like. Please post your results.
    4K skins would probably work in the present version of our game but show as 2K.
    Understand they are different, thank you, more that I wondered if there was a similar tool for CLod rather than putting the skins in a MOD folder for JSGME.. (which I assume works?).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

I don't really know what you mean. You are asking about JSGME (generic modding enabler).
    You don't need a downloading program, and the game doesn't support modding.
    It is very simple to add skins. You just put the skins into your paint scheme skin folder (user/documents/1c soft club/ ...).

The existing official templates can be resised to 4k (twice the size). As the camouflage patterns are soft edged they will work fine. The rivets and panel lines and text/warning stencils are hard coded 4K textures that will be applied/overlaid by the game. So most existing skins will look good in 4K due to the sharper panel lines, rivets etc. that the game will add on top of the skins.
    2K and 4K skins will probably be in the same skin folder.

Official skin templates:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=43
    Last edited by major_setback; Jan-19-2022 at 09:34.

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

I don't really know what you mean. You are asking about JSGME (generic modding enabler).
    You don't need a downloading program, and the game doesn't support modding.
    It is very simple to add skins. You just put the skins into your paint scheme skin folder (user/documents/1c soft club/ ...).

The existing official templates can be resised to 4k (twice the size). As the camouflage patterns are soft edged they will work fine. The rivets and panel lines and text/warning stencils are hard coded 4K textures that will be applied/overlaid by the game. So most existing skins will look good in 4K due to the sharper panel lines, rivets etc. that the game will add on top of the skins.
    2K and 4K skins will probably be in the same skin folder.

Official skin templates:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=43
    Hi MS.
    Haluter's skin downloader isn't a mod or JGSME. Basically a couple of guys created a tool which allows skinners to upload their skins to a database and then any player who has the skin downloader can view and choose which skins they want. While probably not easy to create, the results are fantastic, allowing the player to click which aircraft type they want a skin for, seeing what is available, it shows if the skin is already in your directory and if it isn't, you click and add it do your download quue. Each skin is then downloaded and placed into it's correct directory and ready for the player to use.

This is what it looks like:

Haluter by mysticpuma2011, on Flickr

Here's a link to the creators thread:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...attles-series/
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

10. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hi MS.
    Haluter's skin downloader isn't a mod or JGSME. Basically a couple of guys created a tool which allows skinners to upload their skins to a database and then any player who has the skin downloader can view and choose which skins they want. While probably not easy to create, the results are fantastic, allowing the player to click which aircraft type they want a skin for, seeing what is available, it shows if the skin is already in your directory and if it isn't, you click and add it do your download quue. Each skin is then downloaded and placed into it's correct directory and ready for the player to use.
    Thank you Mysticpuma, I was amazed at the ease of adding/removing skins using this tool and wondered if such a tool had ever been created for CLoD. I love the simplicity and of course the 1000's of skins instantly available for all aspects of BoX.

12. Likes Mysticpuma liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

So much waiting for the new skins and textures for Blitz/Tobruk A tool like Haluter´s skin downloader would be great for the sim too, looks like a very good utility. It is at times a chore to shift through all the sites and threads to find the one you like.
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

14. Likes Mysticpuma liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.32 GB

bf109 skins are almost the same, they differ in the spinner, I don't know if in any other detail

16. Likes major_setback liked this post