Thread: Spreadsheet with ALL KB bindings in CLoD available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Spreadsheet with ALL KB bindings in CLoD available?

I find the UI a bit un-intuitive in general, especially when trying to program my HOTAS. I like all my flight sims to be as close as possible to each other, but this thing has me scratching my head. I have my Stick "Trim Hat" set, yet it does nothing/moves no controls in the Spit and Hurri. I cant find a way to adjust mixture? I also can't for the life of me remember what key opens the chat box to type in, though I would rather not use it it comes in handy.. A nice editable spreadsheet with EVERY available command would be wonderful, I found Alejulien's but it is far from complete.. Anyone?
    Last edited by Patricks; Jan-10-2022 at 14:13.
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Spreadsheet with ALL KB bindings in CLoD available?

Hi Icer,

A spreadsheet with all the KB bindings would indeed be a nice feature to have. I can't answer to that, but I hopefully can assist with the specific areas of concern you mention:

1) Trim control.

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (with TM base, not Virpil). I was able to successfully assign the elevator and rudder trim controls to the Trim Hat on the stick (Spits and Hurries had no aileron trim). Here is where I assigned the trim controls: Options>Controls>Aircraft

Note: you would likely wish to program a key or joystick button to reset trim back to neutral as well.

2) Mixture Controls.

Take a read here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post193803

In a nutshell, the early mark Spitfires and Hurricanes only had two mixture settings: Auto Rich (lever pulled fully back) and Auto Lean (lever pushed fully forward). As the linked article explains, there was no intermediate mixture settings that could be manually adjusted - it was automatically handled by the carburettors. Plus there was a mechanical linkage between the mixture control lever and the throttle - when the throttle was pulled back towards idle position, the mixture lever was automatically pulled back to Auto Rich position. This was to ensure pilots on final approach for landing had full engine responsiveness while making small throttle adjustments on approach. Most of us do what the real Battle of Britain pilots did - leave it in Auto Rich.

3) Canopy Open/Close.

Key/Joystick assignment found in Options>Controls>General

4) Chat

Key/Joystick assignment found in Options>Controls>Chat. The chat command is Send Message. Ingame simply hit TAB, type your message (you can select to ALL or just Friendly Recipients), then hit ENTER to transmit.

Hopefully this info is useful. I had a look at your PC system in your signature - it is to die for! re trim controls - take a look at this thread. https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=35065 I don't work for these guys at Gear Falcon (although they're sending me their Throttle Quadrant to evaluate), but I bought their Trim Wheel Controller and it is the bee's knees for trim adjustments on the Spitfire alone (which tend to be finicky/sensitive). They work in DCS and BoX aircraft as well. I only mention this in light of the excellent set up you've got already.

Cheers and good luck!

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

3. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi Icer,

A spreadsheet with all the KB bindings would indeed be a nice feature to have. I can't answer to that, but I hopefully can assist with the specific areas of concern you mention:

1) Trim control.

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (with TM base, not Virpil). I was able to successfully assign the elevator and rudder trim controls to the Trim Hat on the stick (Spits and Hurries had no aileron trim). Here is where I assigned the trim controls: Options>Controls>Aircraft

Note: you would likely wish to program a key or joystick button to reset trim back to neutral as well.

2) Mixture Controls.

Take a read here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post193803

In a nutshell, the early mark Spitfires and Hurricanes only had two mixture settings: Auto Rich (lever pulled fully back) and Auto Lean (lever pushed fully forward). As the linked article explains, there was no intermediate mixture settings that could be manually adjusted - it was automatically handled by the carburettors. Plus there was a mechanical linkage between the mixture control lever and the throttle - when the throttle was pulled back towards idle position, the mixture lever was automatically pulled back to Auto Rich position. This was to ensure pilots on final approach for landing had full engine responsiveness while making small throttle adjustments on approach. Most of us do what the real Battle of Britain pilots did - leave it in Auto Rich.

3) Canopy Open/Close.

Key/Joystick assignment found in Options>Controls>General

4) Chat

Key/Joystick assignment found in Options>Controls>Chat. The chat command is Send Message. Ingame simply hit TAB, type your message (you can select to ALL or just Friendly Recipients), then hit ENTER to transmit.

Hopefully this info is useful. I had a look at your PC system in your signature - it is to die for! re trim controls - take a look at this thread. https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=35065 I don't work for these guys at Gear Falcon (although they're sending me their Throttle Quadrant to evaluate), but I bought their Trim Wheel Controller and it is the bee's knees for trim adjustments on the Spitfire alone (which tend to be finicky/sensitive). They work in DCS and BoX aircraft as well. I only mention this in light of the excellent set up you've got already.

Cheers and good luck!

Snapper
    Thanks bud, all good stuff. Trim control was on me, while it said POV 90/180/270/360 that is not what my HOTAS is, once I re-bound my stick (very similar to yours) it works fine. I get the mixture control, just thought I was missing something! I did assign keys to 50-100 while I was messing around, I assume some other planes use it? Canopy open was just overlooked, that is now set properly. Chat's "Tab" definition was deleted for some reason, i'll go in and put it back. I still need to get the compass setting down, seems like I set it and it changes but maybe that's me. One other thing, what are the "Zoom View" in/out keys? I thought i had it set but didn't work when I just tested in Tobruk server. I'll mess with it more tomorrow, Thank you!!!
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

First, the view controls. I'll show you what I've done, it may give you some ideas. Since I assigned my trim controls to the Gear Falcon Trim Wheel controller, this freed up the trim POV hat on my joystick. It's in such a handy location, I decided to assign my zoom keys to it. Let's face it, it's probably the most frequent control we use! The key assignments are located in Options>Controls>Camera. Essentially I use the up/down (0 POV/180 POV) to jump from 70 degrees field of view (normal viewing distance) to 30 degrees field of view (snap close up view - handy when lining up your target).

For actual +/- (Zoom in/Zoom out) I use the left/right positions of the hat switch (90 POV/270 POV). I use the default rate of zoom; it is possible to speed it up or slow it down in your conf.ini file....I'd have to go back and review that aspect...unless some other helpful person can help me out: I plumb forget! LOL

Here's what my assignments look like. Others likely do it differently. Your Mileage May Vary.

Compass settings: Ha! Worthy of a thread all in itself! LOL
    First off, the RAF Directions Gyro is NOTORIOUS for wandering off its setting....even when just taxiing around your airfield. It's a royal pain, it continually needs to be reset which can be a bit tricky while in flight. I will come back to this very soon; I know there are some really good YouTube videos on this...including one I made a long time ago (no false modesty here! hehehehe)

Here, check this video out: https://youtu.be/8-p8Iot0W6M
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Jan-10-2022 at 16:29. Reason: added Youtube link for compass settings

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Is the Joystick wizard not working anymore?

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Thanks bud, all good stuff. Trim control was on me, while it said POV 90/180/270/360 that is not what my HOTAS is, once I re-bound my stick (very similar to yours) it works fine.
    That's why a spreadsheet with assigned controls has little value for this games

The controls pre assigned for joystick follow a 2011 standard, no longer used and just add confusion, like you find with trim.

Besides, are several new commands added that need to be assigned, as as example, of the "zoom" you want.
    For a strange reason the "zoom" receive a non obvious name, is - in Camera section:

FOV +

FOV -

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    For a strange reason the "zoom" receive a non obvious name, is - in Camera section:

FOV +

FOV -
    We'll look at changing the name to 'Zoom'.

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post

D’oh!

I’m sure it is. Trust me to overlook an easy solution!

I need to play with it a bit - it’s been awhile since we beta-tested it so I have to see if the Joystick Wizard can tweak an existing profile to add or change just one or two joystick/HOTAS assignments. This would be a more intuitive process than diving into the Controls GUI, I should think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    It's working fine, I just used it for all my axis's, use the standard "Controls" section for DX presses at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    That's why a spreadsheet with assigned controls has little value for this games
    The controls pre assigned for joystick follow a 2011 standard, no longer used and just add confusion, like you find with trim.
    Besides, are several new commands added that need to be assigned, as as example, of the "zoom" you want.
    I want the list to more easily understand what is available, and what function (if any) is currently assigned to what action. Then I can logically assign (according to my way of doing it) Hotas and Keybindings. It's just the way my old mind works.
    Last edited by Patricks; Jan-12-2022 at 04:42.

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post