Thread: Unable to join teamspeak from atag website

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Unable to join teamspeak from atag website

Hello all - Just trying to find out if anyone knows about this issue. I am able to join the ATAG TS via TS. But when I try to join by clicking on "ATAG Teamspeak" at the top of the ATAG web page (in the orange banner), nothing happens. I am able to click on all the other tabs in the orange banner but not that one. I know this may be a moot point since I can (and prefer to) join via TS directly but it's driving me crazy that this doesn't work. Any suggestions ? I figure if this problem exists maybe there will be other problems that will arise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Unable to join teamspeak from atag website

It's probably some configuration in your browser.
    What that link does is to open "ts3server://104.153.108.10?port=9987". The "ts3server" part should tell your browser to use a software defined to handle "ts3server" links/urls, start that program and pass it the link to open it.
    If your browser does nothing at all when clicking it (not even asking you what to do) might be because is blocking or ignoring the "unknown to it" url.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

In a related issue, I noticed when assisting new pilots that the port number needs to be excluded to connect. Could the in game instructions be updated?
    Last edited by Dawson; Jan-15-2022 at 17:24. Reason: fix typo

4. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    In a related issue, I noticed when assisting new pilots that the post number needs to be excluded to connect. Could the in game instructions be updated?
    Yes, good point. I've asked the Server Gatekeeper to update it to 104.153.108.10

Thanks!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

6. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Dawson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Yes, I was going to say that for some reason it is using a Port number. I figured that may be the problem, Let's see if that rectifies it. Thanks for the responses !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Yes, good point. I've asked the Server Gatekeeper to update it to 104.153.108.10

Thanks!

So to be clear Snapper, when you RIGHT click the ATAG Teamspeak tab it will give you a choice to open in another window. When doing so, it shows an address of "ts3server://104.153.108.10?port=9987". If you get rid of the "?port=9987" part maybe we will get it working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by _Trooper View Post
    So to be clear Snapper, when you RIGHT click the ATAG Teamspeak tab it will give you a choice to open in another window. When doing so, it shows an address of "ts3server://104.153.108.10?port=9987". If you get rid of the "?port=9987" part maybe we will get it working.
    Could be, I have no idea. The Teamspeak in the yellow bar doesn't work for me either, TBH I've never tried it. When I prepare to fly online I close all windows/programs except for the software directly related to the multiplayer game itself, including this forum. What I've used for many years is the Teamspeak utility directly which is located in my C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe Once the TeamSpeak program is launched I simply click on BookMarks where I have the ATAG Server listed.

As I look at my Cliffs of Dover folder on my desktop I currently have 7 shortcuts listed that I double click on in roughly this order:

1. TrackIR v5
    2. JoyToKey
    3. ts3client_win64 - Shortcut
    4. VoiceAttack
    5. Steam - Shortcut

The remaining two:

6. obs64.exe - Shortcut (only if I plan to record my gameplay), and
    7. Audacity - a handy sound recording utility that easily splits up recorded soundtracks for later video editing. I never have this one going until gameplay is done and the OBS video track is saved at game's end.

If the TeamSpeak in the golden bar at top doesn't work, it should probably be removed, unless a fix is easily and quickly done. That falls outside my skillset, I'm afraid...but fortunately I surround myself with folks a lot smarter than me! LOL

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Quote Originally Posted by _Trooper View Post
    Trooper, clicking "ATAG Teamspeak" here on the web page opens a small pop up that asks me if I want to open the link with TS3. I click "open link" and the TS3 client opens and connects to the ATAG server. I didn't change the URL to remove the port. I'm using Firefox as my browser.

My post about the incorrect port number refers to the in game instructions in the multiplayer lobby. The port number listed in game is different than the one included in the link above.

11. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Trooper, clicking "ATAG Teamspeak" here on the web page opens a small pop up that asks me if I want to open the link with TS3. I click "open link" and the TS3 client opens and connects to the ATAG server. I didn't change the URL to remove the port. I'm using Firefox as my browser.

My post about the incorrect port number refers to the in game instructions in the multiplayer lobby. The port number listed in game is different than the one included in the link above.
    Oh, Ok. Well it seems Snapper and many others have the same issue as me but in the end it doesn't really matter because as I said I also open TS prior to starting game and have ATAG in my Bookmarks. I do a similar thing as you, Snapper - I open TS and get onto ATAG - activate my flight controllers - start up Track IR - open TS Notifier - and then finally start the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

OK, Gents. I was able to open the TS from the ribbon bar if I entered the ATAG site via Internet Explorer but when it asks if I would like to open TS it still won't let me. No worries. Not worth the time at this point.
    Last edited by TWC_Trooper; Jan-16-2022 at 00:06.

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Troop. It’s on the to-do list, along with a couple more corrections/updates to the TeamSpeak notifications here and elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Well, I finally came up with the ridiculously obvious idea of reinstalling TS3 and now the tab works perfectly !! Mystery solved !

17. Likes ATAG_Colander liked this post