Thread: Bombsight, game stops !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Bombsight, game stops !

I Have recently faced a new problem with Junkers Ju-88 and Heinkel 111. When I turn on the Bombsight, the game suddenly stops and the screen turns black. It has happened both online and offline (I don´t know if that really maters. Does anyone else have this problem?

Best regards,
    Walstein
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

2. Likes Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Re: Bombsight, game stops !

Quote Originally Posted by Walstein View Post
    I Have recently faced a new problem with Junkers Ju-88 and Heinkel 111. When I turn on the Bombsight, the game suddenly stops and the screen turns black. It has happened both online and offline (I don´t know if that really maters. Does anyone else have this problem?

Best regards,
    Walstein
    Yes, I expiriencing this bug from time to time. My only advise reset to center your view and go to bombsight in the very beginning of the mission. If this bug will not happen, then it will not happen untill end of mission.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    Yes, I expiriencing this bug from time to time. My only advise reset to center your view and go to bombsight in the very beginning of the mission. If this bug will not happen, then it will not happen untill end of mission.

Thank you. I tried it and it seems to work. If it does not stop in the beginning, it would not (propably) stop later either.
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    Hello!

Saturday (12.2.) this snag appeared twice. In both cases I had made sure of the bombsight´s correct functioning before taking off. I have so far flown mostly the Junkers Ju 88 and Heinkel 111 and I cannot say does this happen with other aeroplanes as well.

I do have an inkling that this occurs after having changed the plane. I had flown several missions with Junkers Ju 88 during several days. Then I changed to BR.20 ("Cicogna") and during that mission game crashed at the moment I started the bombing leg. This happened again later, when I tried the mission with the Heinkel 111.

I wanted to report this in case it were a bug. Just to make it clear: my bomb sight command is mapped on the joystick and not on the keyboard. I do look back to the days of the old IL-2 Sturmovik and then, over ten years ago I had (when changing aeroplanes) similar issues - but occasionally only.

Thank you!
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

6. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Walstein View Post
    Hello!

Saturday (12.2.) this snag appeared twice. In both cases I had made sure of the bombsight´s correct functioning before taking off. I have so far flown mostly the Junkers Ju 88 and Heinkel 111 and I cannot say does this happen with other aeroplanes as well.

I do have an inkling that this occurs after having changed the plane. I had flown several missions with Junkers Ju 88 during several days. Then I changed to BR.20 ("Cicogna") and during that mission game crashed at the moment I started the bombing leg. This happened again later, when I tried the mission with the Heinkel 111.

I wanted to report this in case it were a bug. Just to make it clear: my bomb sight command is mapped on the joystick and not on the keyboard. I do look back to the days of the old IL-2 Sturmovik and then, over ten years ago I had (when changing aeroplanes) similar issues - but occasionally only.

Thank you!
    If you want to increase the probability that someone at TFS takes a look at it (provided there is time), please fill a report in the bugtracker (it's not overly user-friendly, I admit).
    What is listed there is regularly checked by TFS members and is on a 'to do' list.
    If you just mention it in a post in this forum, it might be overlooked.

8. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Ceaser87, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Did this problem occur again after you re-set your control programming?

Again, it could be because you have duplicate key commands.

Make sure you don't program your Windows button as a key command...

10. Likes GANIX liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.95 MB

Worst joke so far

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    If you want to increase the probability that someone at TFS takes a look at it (provided there is time), please fill a report in the bugtracker

12. Dislikes ATAG_Snapper disliked this post